Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Allen Iverson arrested

Go down 
+3
Darko
brownie13
FC
7 posters
AuthorMessage
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

Allen Iverson arrested Empty
PostSubject: Allen Iverson arrested   Allen Iverson arrested EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:47 am

Former NBA star Allen Iverson launched an expletive-ridden tirade against police when a car belonging to him was pulled over for a traffic violation last week, at one point telling the officer, "Take the vehicle, I have 10 more," according to a police report.

Iverson, 35, was a passenger in a grey Lamborghini, spied by an Atlanta officer changing lanes without signaling about 6 p.m. on March 30, according to the police report obtained by CNN.

The driver, identified in the report as Antwuan Clisby, couldn't produce any documentation for the vehicle, the report said. He then told the officer his passenger needed to leave the vehicle to eat dinner, and the officer said no one was leaving until the investigation was complete.

With that, Iverson became "irate," according to the police report, saying, "I'm the (expletive) passenger." The officer radioed for backup, and a second unit arrived, according to the report. Clisby and Iverson were asked to exit the vehicle, while Iverson continued to curse at the officer, the report said.

When police scanned the identification number of the vehicle, which belongs to Iverson, it was found to have tags that expired in 2009. Iverson, former MVP for the Philadelphia 76ers, was told his car would be towed.

"Take the vehicle, I have 10 more," Iverson said, according to the report. "Police don't have anything else (expletive) to do except (expletive) with me." He then asked, "Do you know who I am?"

The officer wrote in his report that "For the next 20 minutes, Mr. Iverson went on and on about who he was. I stated to Mr. Iverson, 'It really doesn't matter who you are. You tried to conceal your vehicle with a fake drive-out tag due to you not paying for your tags.' "

Iverson then said, "I make more money than you will in 10 years," according to the report.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson arrested   Allen Iverson arrested EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:10 am

Wow. Sucks. He shouldn't have gotten so angry. That was dumb.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson arrested   Allen Iverson arrested EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:28 am

Allen Iverson arrested 5529
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson arrested   Allen Iverson arrested EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 11:40 am

This is a fail
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson arrested   Allen Iverson arrested EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 1:23 pm

Iverson and LeBron's mom should have a reality show.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson arrested   Allen Iverson arrested EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:40 pm

He apologized later according to CBS.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20052187-504083.html

I don't think he got arrested though...
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Teh Big O'reilly
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Teh Big O'reilly

Male Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson arrested   Allen Iverson arrested EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 12:04 am

We talkin bout bein a passenger

not a driver

not a driver

not a driver

passenger.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Allen Iverson arrested   Allen Iverson arrested Empty

Back to top Go down

Allen Iverson arrested
Page 1 of 1