Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

So is this it for Allen Iverson?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

So is this it for Allen Iverson? Empty
PostSubject: So is this it for Allen Iverson?   So is this it for Allen Iverson? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Grizzlies, Iverson to part ways:
According to the Memphis Commercial Appeal, the Grizzlies and Allen Iverson have agreed to terminate his contract.

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5036
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: So is this it for Allen Iverson?   So is this it for Allen Iverson? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:01 pm

I don't think so...

I'm guessing we'll see him somewhere..
Or if he won't....he'll still manage to keep himself in the news....
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: So is this it for Allen Iverson?   So is this it for Allen Iverson? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:11 pm

Yeah. I'm sure he'll be in the news. Good or bad.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: So is this it for Allen Iverson?   So is this it for Allen Iverson? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:19 pm

He should have gone to Charlotte. They desperately needed a scorer. Now they have Jackson, and I don't know how Jackson and Iverson would work out.

Iverson is still a 20/6 guy. That's about it. His offense isn't good enough to cover up for his defense....

Iverson is getting to much hate though. How would you feel(if you were AI) if Mike Conley is taking your spot in the starting line-up. Iverson didn't hurt Detroit. Curry did. Seriously, Curry promised AI a starting spot(?) but never gave it to him as the season continued. Then, the GriLies bench him. Seriously. Mike Freaking Conley. I would rather have a happy 20/6 Iverson than a 8/6 bust. Plus, Iverson wants to win. He said he doesn't mind if he gets benched but the team wins. Do you see Memphis winning? NO.

Clippers were straightfoward with AI. They asked if he would come off the bench for them. He said no. They said OK. Grizzlies never made it clear if they were to start or bench AI. The media loves feening off of AI. They will never,ever post anything positive about him. Its become a trend to "bench AI". I dunno what the hell has come over coaches.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: So is this it for Allen Iverson?   So is this it for Allen Iverson? EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Yeah...

I think that I'd be pissed (even with my out of shape ass) coming off the bench behind Conley, much less a former MVP and scoring champ.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So is this it for Allen Iverson?   So is this it for Allen Iverson? Empty

Back to top Go down

So is this it for Allen Iverson?
Page 1 of 1