Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Spurs-Suns (And Another one)

Go down 
+2
Straight Edge Bluntness
EM:)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Spurs-Suns (And Another one) Empty
PostSubject: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 1:40 am

Battle between my 2nd {Spurs}/3rd (Suns} favorite teams over the years this has always been an intense rivalry. SA has gotten the best of them over the years for the following reason. They would hold this high octane offense of PHX that has lead the NBA in PPG for a numbers of seasons below their season average. Albeit they continued to score high and even equaled or went over their season average sometimes, but for the most part SA has had success in making PHX play a more slowed down pace in the playoffs where they would take less FG attempts than normally accustomed and they are a team that have always liked to get as many FG attempts as possible.

Why SA has succeeded...

Other than Nash no one in PHX over the last couple of seasons could really ever create a shot for themselves and SA's defense knowing this would constantly swarm Nash and put him in situations where he would turn the ball over at a high rate. In turn diminishing all the assists and point after point he made in the series.

SA effectively executed their offense and kept up with PHX playing the offensive game knowing that PHX lacked the necessary defenders to stop them.

Things are different now in that.

J.Rich and J.Dudley have been brought over to strengthen the team's overall defensive ability, which they have and then some. Especially, Jared Dudley. The same as Lopez and Collins on the block.

J.Rich gives them another offensive option who can drain the 3 but more importantly gives them a guy that can create his own shot something they've been missing since Joe Johnson, so maybe the pressure is put off of Nash we'll see.

Dudley and Frye are excellent 3 point marksmen that spread the floor well. Dudley is all about % (1 of the NBA's top in 3pt%) and Frye could be a high % 3pt shooter or not depending on the day, but he plays more the 3pt FGM game (1 of the NBA's most 3pters made.}

All in all I really like and admire both teams and expect a great series among them. But, I gotta go with the Spurs!!!

Go! Spurs!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:12 am

🇳🇴
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:15 am

What's wrong S.R.F?

S.A. have incorporated certain homies that can leave a mark in this series as well.

Hill
McDyess
Blair

Smile
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:19 am

I am mainly afraid of Phoenix's perimeter shooters.
Ugh. I just hope that the Spurs defense is good enough in this series to defend on the perimeter. Secondly, I am afraid of Steve Nash period. That guy has great court vision and some of his passes are unexpected so that scares me as well lol.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:26 am

SRF: Spurs Fever! wrote:
I am mainly afraid of Phoenix's perimeter shooters.
Ugh. I just hope that the Spurs defense is good enough in this series to defend on the perimeter. Secondly, I am afraid of Steve Nash period. That guy has great court vision and some of his passes are unexpected so that scares me as well lol.

That's so true SRF and his tendency to hit miraculous shots especially in the closing seconds like tonight against Portland that make you do a quick double take in total disbelief is something to watch. I'm sure Pop already giving them their barking orders.

The Red Head of Hope hahaha the commentator called Bonner that today after that crazy fadeaway that swished in that he made off a rebound, would have to keep up from the perimeter with PHX's core perimeter guys.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 2:34 am

Haha, I wonder if Parker has to buy Pop a car after missing both free throws tonight?

I bet if the Spurs were to lose game one *knocks on wood* that Pop would have to come up with a much more derogatory term to refer to how they played instead of "dogs".

I hope Bonner becomes like our X-factor for this series...that would be nice.

uh, I am tired from work/excitement of Spurs win...good night for now. : )
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:22 am

Go Spurs!

Timmy on Amare! Twisted Evil

Manu 'Beast' Ginobili on J Rich Twisted Evil

Parker vs Nash Twisted Evil

Spurs in 7 Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:11 pm

I hope Suns win by a landslide!
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 4:39 pm

Spurs will win....again
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 7:03 pm

Spurs beat the Suns whenever they meet in the playoffs...

Spurs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spurs-Suns (And Another one)   Spurs-Suns (And Another one) Empty

Back to top Go down

Spurs-Suns (And Another one)
Page 1 of 1