Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
moshemcrib (sackingsrule)
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 127

The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! Empty
PostSubject: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 12:47 pm

WHAT NOW, HATERS!!!!! The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! 579559 The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! 588709 Gorilla Very Happy cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/moshemcrib
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 1:58 pm

This was the right move to make. Considering these factors:

1. The LA Clippers and LA Lakers were not willing to accept a third NBA team in their metro area, even though the Kings would play in Anaheim which is 2 hours away in rush hour traffic.

2. The move appeared to be very hastily made. The NBA had issues with TV arrangements.

Despite the good news, the Maloofs have committed to stay for only one more year which may not be played. A new arena must be funded one way or another, and I think Ron Burkle (the guy who was interested in buying the team) will play a role in financing a new arena. Even if a new arena is financed, it will still take two to three years to build before the rewards can be reaped. Also, it is important to note that they are still in touch with Samueli, and Anaheim still does feel that an NBA team can be supported in their region. Seattle and Montreal are also viable cities for an NBA team, though Seattle will need to build a new arena asap if the Kings moved there, and for Montreal, it has an NBA ready arena and it's metro area is large. I'm against Vegas because it is a transient city because of the Air Force Base and tourism.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 2:04 pm

wallshingtonwizard wrote:
This was the right move to make. Considering these factors:

1. The LA Clippers and LA Lakers were not willing to accept a third NBA team in their metro area, even though the Kings would play in Anaheim which is 2 hours away in rush hour traffic.

2. The move appeared to be very hastily made. The NBA had issues with TV arrangements.

Despite the good news, the Maloofs have committed to stay for only one more year which may not be played. A new arena must be funded one way or another, and I think Ron Burkle (the guy who was interested in buying the team) will play a role in financing a new arena. Even if a new arena is financed, it will still take two to three years to build before the rewards can be reaped. Also, it is important to note that they are still in touch with Samueli, and Anaheim still does feel that an NBA team can be supported in their region. Seattle and Montreal are also viable cities for an NBA team, though Seattle will need to build a new arena asap if the Kings moved there, and for Montreal, it has an NBA ready arena and it's metro area is large. I'm against Vegas because it is a transient city because of the Air Force Base and tourism.

im fully aware of all of these facts...... everybody in sacramento are ecstatically happy. and mayor kj is getting things done. the arena is going to happen, shovels will be in the ground next spring,and there will be a next season, just not a full one.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:14 pm

Good. I didn't want them anywhere near me...
Back to top Go down
Teh Big O'reilly
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Teh Big O'reilly

Male Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 4:47 pm

i want them to go to montreal

Back to top Go down
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Blakeshow wrote:
Good. I didn't want them anywhere near me...

lets see what you say in two years...
Back to top Go down
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:32 pm

Teh Big Diesel wrote:
i want them to go to montreal

well, go gt new orleans instead
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:35 pm

The Kings should just relocated to the town I was raised in of Ridgefield, NJ. Like the Kings the town's mascot is that of royalty for our school's athletic mascot is known as the Royals. The NBA could convert my old HS gym as a NBA arena. The Ridgefield Royals is the name it can be kept or changed to the New Jersey Royals.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!   The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO! Empty

Back to top Go down

The Kings WILL stay in SACRAMENTO!
Page 1 of 1