Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet Empty
PostSubject: Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet   Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:25 pm

http://www.ocregister.com/sports/maloofs-298367-arena-sacramento.html
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/apr/22/sports/la-sp-sacramento-nba-20110423
http://blogs.forbes.com/mikeozanian/2011/04/27/value-of-sacramento-kings-is-now-up-to-david-stern/

Over the last couple weeks, Sacramento has been able to secure more sponsorships worth $10 million (the sponsors had to make a down payment of 20%), and it looks like the league and the relocation committee is willing to support the Kings staying for at least one more year while they try to get a new arena.

At the same time, the Maloofs maintain that nothing is final yet, and Stern does believe that the LA area can support a third team, with the Kings in Anaheim specifically. Should they move to LA, not only will Anaheim Ducks and Honda Center owner Henry Samueli give the Maloofs a loan worth $75 million, but he will also have a minority stake in the team.

At the end of the regular season I was resigned to the fact that we'd see the Anaheim Royals play next season, but now it looks more like a coin flip, but I still think Anaheim is winning because they have a facility that is "NBA ready" right now, whereas if the Kings were to stay at Power Balance Pavilion, they will still have to play for another two to three years while a new building is being built.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet   Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet EmptySun May 01, 2011 9:59 pm

Meh. GTFO Kings. I like the little "rivalry" we have going on here but seriously, GTFO with this cowbell bullshit. Your team sucks now.

It's sad, though. The Kings went from a team that was a perennial title contender in the early 00's to a team that if you search their name on Google Images half the images on the first page are of their drunken cheerleaders.
Back to top Go down
moshemcrib (sackingsrule)
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet   Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet EmptyMon May 02, 2011 5:43 pm

No Longer DEAD wrote:
Meh. GTFO Kings. I like the little "rivalry" we have going on here but seriously, GTFO with this cowbell bullshit. Your team sucks now.

It's sad, though. The Kings went from a team that was a perennial title contender in the early 00's to a team that if you search their name on Google Images half the images on the first page are of their drunken cheerleaders.

dont judge a team wo/ watching them
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/moshemcrib
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet   Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet EmptyMon May 02, 2011 10:56 pm

moshemcrib (sackingsrule) wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:

Are you kidding me? I live in San Francisco, bud. I've seen plenty of your pathetic team. (not like you guys are the only pathetic team out here, lol).
Back to top Go down
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet   Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet EmptyTue May 03, 2011 2:56 pm

No Longer DEAD wrote:
moshemcrib (sackingsrule) wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:

Are you kidding me? I live in San Francisco, bud. I've seen plenty of your pathetic team. (not like you guys are the only pathetic team out here, lol).

i respectfully disagree wit you (obviously), but i dont feel like arguing today
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/moshemcrib
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet   Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet EmptyTue May 03, 2011 4:14 pm

He's a Golden state fan so he's obviously trolling..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet   Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet Empty

Back to top Go down

Sacramento Kings seem more likely to stay for at least one more year, but nothing is final yet
Page 1 of 1