Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?

Go down 
+7
King Of NJ
cbi
Nick C
wallshingtonwizard
BNB
Abdu
Tar Heel
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? Empty
PostSubject: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:05 pm

With Las Vegas not feasible and Sacramento not cutting it anymore, King seriously considering applying by the March 1st deadline for relocation to Anaheim:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/allstar2011/news/story?id=6140807
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:37 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:44 pm

who would show up to the games? hahaha.

They should try Seattle. Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? 853558
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:45 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:

Kansas City also seems to come up a lot. But regardless...poor Koolish.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 5:53 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Bulls N' Bears wrote:

Kansas City also seems to come up a lot. But regardless...poor Koolish.

yeah.. but since they're a west coast team and all...

teams like Minny, NO, MEM are already closer to the east coast than they are to the West coast...

it sucks for any true fan when their team moves. Probably a very hollow feeling haha
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Sacramento Kings to become the Los Angeles Kings (of Anaheim)?    Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 2:47 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Dedicated-Kings-fans-attempt-to-block-team-s-pos?urn=nba-324316

March 1 is the deadline for teams that want to relocate.

Like with the moving of the then-Seattle Supersonics, the inability to build a new arena with more sky boxes, etc. is a large reason why the Kings owners are considering moving the team. The other reason why is partly tied into the first reason because the team's losing money left and right. After all they did fold their WNBA team, the Monarchs in 2009 due to the Kings losses (after a going through the motions deal where they were trying to sell it).

I personally don't think the Kings should move to LA, because of these primary reasons:

1. The area already has two NBA teams, the Clippers and the Lakers. They really only support one of those teams, which is the Lakers, and the Clippers games sell out only because they hold Lakers season ticket holder wannabes who don't want to wait for tickets and they want to see many games of legit NBA action.
  2. It's possible Blake Griffin could lead and Alex Ovechkin-esque Renaissance for the Clippers and they could be on equal or more than equal footing with the Lakers in future years, while the Kings right now don't really have any clear franchise player right now though Cousins and Evans are great candidates for now. But unless the Clips get to at least one playoff appearance within three seasons, then it's possible that he'll sign a new contract to play for the Thunder, Knicks, Celtics, or the team whose locker room is across the hall.
  3. There are other major metro areas who can support an NBA team if the Kings were to move:
My Candidates besides LA:

1. Seattle, WA metro area (3.3 million): The Kings would turn into the Seattle Supersonics. Seattle was pissed to lose the Sonics, but they weren't thrilled with the prospect of being asked to finance a new basketball arena some 10 years after refurbishing the Key either. The city also financed the new homes for the Seahawks and the Mariners, which cost a ton of money already. If the now OKC owners were bitching about the Key, well, the Kings owners will say the same thing, so at the end of the day, the only pro basketball Seattleites can watch will be the Seattle Storm, which is a good thing really.
  2. Vancouver, BC, Canada (2.2 million): The city already has an NBA ready arena with the Rogers Arena that can hold almost 20,000 folks. The Grizzlies left town in 2001 due to an ownership sale of the team from the Canucks (NHL) owners at the time (they now have new owners) to Michael Heisley. Though the Grizzlies haven't had the best fan support either, they also haven't had a good team either never winning more than 23 games in their six year stint. The Kings probably won't fare much better in the short term, though I think that the NBA can work in Vancouver
  3. Montreal, QC, Canada (3.8-3.9 million): Montreal is the second biggest city in Canada, and they have an NBA ready arena in the Bell Centre which can hold 22,000 for hoops. The city's passion will go toward the Canadiens first, but think of it this way. In DC, the Redskins is the city's first passion, but they still love the Caps and Wizards. I think Montreal can love basketball too, but it's iffier than with Vancouver, because the city did let the Expos wither away to DC without much of a fight. Then again, basketball is popular in the Francophone world.
What do you guys think about the fate of the Kings?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:37 pm

Please no... keep those fags away from me. Move them to Seattle.... :/
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:41 pm

Go to Las Vegas.

All you can eat buffets, strip clubs, mass amounts of drinking, drugs and gambling... oh and no state income tax.

Ultimate home court advantage.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 5:48 pm

But the fans like to throw stuff at you. But of course you have to make some sacrifices to be happy.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 6:13 pm

I didn't list Vegas because of the connotation with gambling. I could see NO go there, but that's also because the NBA at least wants to make some effort to get an owner there.

Other cities like KC, St. Louis, and Pittsburgh weren't there because they don't seem to want an NBA team right now, or they don't have enough collective income for it, at least for short notice. I think vancouver is the kings best option to make money right away.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 7:03 pm

I wish they can move into Newark in place of the Nets when the move. We have an arena ready in waiting and numbers wont say so but Nets had a good crowd at alot of games

Anahiem don't like the move. That's 3 teams in Los Angeles area that's too much. I think Seattle as another try works

Back to top Go down
moshemcrib (sackingsrule)
College Baller
College Baller

Male Posts : 127

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 pm

kings definatley shouldnt move. yes, i know im buyis. but anaheim would be idiotic, and why should you send a team to a city that just dumped one? obviously enough people like them in sac... THEY JUST SOLD OUT THE CLIPPER GAME! trust me. they didnt buy tickets to just see the clippers
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/moshemcrib
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:00 pm

moshemcrib (sackingsrule) wrote:
kings definatley shouldnt move. yes, i know im buyis. but anaheim would be idiotic, and why should you send a team to a city that just dumped one? obviously enough people like them in sac... THEY JUST SOLD OUT THE CLIPPER GAME! trust me. they didnt buy tickets to just see the clippers

You're right; they bought the tickets just to see Blake Griffin.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:41 pm

And the greatest skylight passer on earth.
Back to top Go down
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 10:59 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:

then how do you explain tickets selling like crazy after this came out. http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2011/2/21/2005921/here-we-stay-sell-out-arco-on-feb-28-the-in-game-plan
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 11:33 pm

cbi wrote:
And the greatest skylight passer on earth.

Him too. I loved it when Baron threw it out of the skylight. :inlove:

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:

then how do you explain tickets selling like crazy after this came out. http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2011/2/21/2005921/here-we-stay-sell-out-arco-on-feb-28-the-in-game-plan

Yeah...it's called a joke, buddy. Get used to 'em.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:40 am

Sacramento was never a big basketball city anyways..
Back to top Go down
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:58 am

King wrote:
Sacramento was never a big basketball city anyways..

Arco arena still holds the guiness world record for loudest sports roar!
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:05 am

what does that matter?
Back to top Go down
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:34 am

DC teams till tha death wrote:
what does that matter?
it proves that the people do car abut the kings.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:13 pm

No it doesn't.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:47 pm

Damn,this is a surprise
Back to top Go down
College Baller
College Baller

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 6:03 am

Killer Bee ™ wrote:
Please no... keep those fags away from me. Move them to Seattle.... :/
"fags"? really!?!?!? what are you? a 12 year old homophobe?
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 12:57 pm

No.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 2:13 pm

I love saying fag..especially around then lol...i enjoy being an asshole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?   Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings? Empty

Back to top Go down

Are you ready for the Anaheim Kings?
Page 1 of 1