Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards

Go down 
+8
No Longer DEAD
Straight Edge Bluntness
Justin
YK (Alive)
wallshingtonwizard
Fox News
Raza
Chosen One
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards Empty
PostSubject: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:05 pm

Both had troubles this years.Raptors with have made a big move in signing hedo,a guy tht compliments bosh well imo and have also added guys like evans,Jack and Bellenily.Basically they are a new look raptros for the best loosing parker,kapono,ukic and marion. The Wizards on the other hand have made a trade landing them a tall shooter in Miller and a good combo guard in Foye,not to mention they should be healthy.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:08 pm

Anthony Parker was a nice player, Jason Kapono could shoot (although I don't really think he did in the games), and Marion was good. They got Turkoglu and everything, but I don't think the Raptors will be good.

The Wizards are a dangerous team when healthy, but the problem is that they are healthy about 25 minutes a season.

Health is the key factor in this. I say Wizards
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:12 pm

I think the raps improved though

Parker was solid....a lil inconsistent.Kapono really wasnt tht great at all and both of them made the raps too much of a shooting team.Marion played horrible as a raptor....

Still its going to be interesting to see who comes out on top
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:16 pm

HAHA...good one.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyWed Aug 26, 2009 8:33 pm

I go with Wizards. We added two solid complements capable of scoring all star caliber numbers for a whole season along with our big three. Toronto has improved a lot with the addition of Turkoglu, but I don't think it'll be enough.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
YK (Alive)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
YK (Alive)

Male Posts : 5676

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:13 pm

totally the wizards. The Wizards have the Big 3 Back and Running
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/YK13
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 9:05 pm

Wizards If healthy
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:15 pm

I will say Raptors.
They have Bosh, a great player who will just keep getting better (also a very good leader). In addition, Bargnani has got his confidence back so he'll explode on the court with his versatility. As well, if Jose can be healthy, he will bet a great asset to the Raptors (good passer and doesn't commit a lot of turnovers). With the acquisition of Hedo, Jack, Evans, and Johnson - they will have improved offfense as well as defense - which is what they have been lacking in for the longest time.

Plus, a coach that can actually coach - they should do better. The Raptors are stacked with talent so I assume that they will outperform the Wizards.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:22 pm

The Wizards, they win a Championship or something this season. 'Cause I will cyber-kill all the other teams, wahahaha! I am so clever.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:33 pm

Wow, I'm glad most RBT'ers think the Wiz are better than the Raptors.

On Y!A some of the trolls would've answered Lakers or Cavs.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 11:36 pm

Mhm, I was born in DC, so therefor I like all DC teams.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 12:41 pm

I'm going to go with raptors, with people saying they don't have enough, I disagree. You've got Hedo Turkoglu in his prime, with playoff and finals experience. Chris Bosh, an all-star power forward.. one of the best PF in the league. Jose Calderon in my opinion one of the best PGs in the next couple years. Also rising demar derozan, and Andrea Bargnani with lots of potential, dirk type player. They also deepened their bench alot....... you can't ask for more.. I mean really, its stacked.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Raptors because they can stay healthy and are just a better team altogether overall.
Back to top Go down
YK (Alive)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
YK (Alive)

Male Posts : 5676

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:55 pm

Totally the Wizards because they have the Big 3 back and healthy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/YK13
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:02 am

I would go with the Wizards
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:56 pm

I got to admit. If Wizards arent injury proned, they will do great. But we need to just step it up.. Find DeMar comfortable with us. Making sure he knows his role. I in the other hand is extremely excited for the season to start. I think that Raptors will do better. We have a whole new team. If we don't get cracking this year, next year definatly.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:09 pm

Wizards will do better
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 9:23 am

So far, it looks like the Wizards and Raptors are almost the same. Though it's really early, if the year ended today, both are Lottery bound which means Bosh leaves and the Wizards core minus Gilby will be sold at a foreclosure sale at the courthouse steps. Wizards had another slow start, and the Raps were okay, but the Raptors lately have started to slump and the Wizards won 4 out of the last 5.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:19 am

tough to say

both teams play no defense and are not playing well this year.

They both have talented scorers and are poor teams so far. They're pretty even now
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:23 am

were the 7th best Defense in the NBa this year, Our defense has gotten better our offense is struggling now.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:37 am

Wizards defense has been for A but their offense affraid
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 11:53 am

The Warriors have been playing good D this year. They have talented big men and Gilbert of course.

Caron Butler has been the key for them and he's having a poor season this year. His FG % has plummeted to 41%.

His turnover to assist rate is atrocious. Averaging 2.7 Turnovers Per Game and 1.3 Assists Per Game
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:03 pm

Bulls 92 Pistons 85! YEA! wrote:

His turnover to assist rate is atrocious. Averaging 2.7 Turnovers Per Game and 1.3 Assists Per Game

Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards 853558 Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards 452865 Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards 452865 Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards 452865

That's not good,not good at all.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:43 pm

V-People out to harm me! wrote:
were the 7th best Defense in the NBa this year, Our defense has gotten better our offense is struggling now.

Depends on what you look at by defense man, we're 18th in points given up at 100.1 ppg so we're just below the median there, but still middle of the pack. We are still in the Bottom 5 for three point shots and attempts given up, and teams average 38% from the arc against us, also 4th worst in the NBA. That's only marginally better than last year. But we have played against a lot of nasty three point shooting teams so far, so that may explain it. We're not giving up as many wide open shots like last year and the yr before. We are average in dimes and offensive boards given up, so that's okay, but probably our best stat is the overall FG% we give the other team is 44.4%, 10th best in the NBA, so that's pretty good.

Our defense is decent overall this year, but we gotta keep making three point shots as hard as possible for opponents, and that should keep the scores down even more.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 7:16 pm

I Was expecting big things out of the Wizards, they havent been healty but once they gain some chemistry and everybody is feeling good i pick this team to absolutely destroy and maybe come 5-7 and make the playoffs... they need a big man in a centre.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards   Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards Empty

Back to top Go down

Which Team Will Be Better Next Year Raptors or Wizards
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next