Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Derrick Williams will be the next Michael Beasley

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

Derrick Williams will be the next Michael Beasley Empty
PostSubject: Derrick Williams will be the next Michael Beasley   Derrick Williams will be the next Michael Beasley EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:23 pm

He was getting the same hype like Beasley was in 2007 in K-STATE being called the next Carmelo Anthony, but we saw how that turned out; Beasley ended up in Miami where he was forced to play PF which was too much for him and wasn't given a chance to bloom.

Beasley is doing great for the T'Wolves though averaging 20/7 nearly.

I think Derrick's situation will be on his positioning with the Cavaliers, if they do pick him!

He can easily be a 22/8 guy in his first year, but it's all depending on whether he'll make that extra step Beasley has YET to do into superstar status!
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

Derrick Williams will be the next Michael Beasley Empty
PostSubject: Re: Derrick Williams will be the next Michael Beasley   Derrick Williams will be the next Michael Beasley EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 4:39 pm

Actually there are a few differences between each

For one, I dont think Derrick is getting nearly as much hype as Beasley did....and to be honest Beasley was probably a better player

And second, the biggest problem with Beasley was his drive, motivation and work ethic. I dont think Williams has that problem.

And as a cavalier fan, if he does turn out to be a 22/8 player I would wouldnt mind that at all....cause lets face it there arent a whole lot of potential superstars in the draft
Back to top Go down

Derrick Williams will be the next Michael Beasley
Page 1 of 1