Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison

Go down 
+5
brownie13
Nick C
Fox News
Chosen One
Darko
9 posters

Michael Beasley=Antawn Jamison
Yes
Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison Vote_lcap0%Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison Vote_lcap100%Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison Vote_rcap
 100% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison Empty
PostSubject: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 4:54 pm

?
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:08 pm

Nah...
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:26 pm

His game isnt even like antawns Antawn is crafty...beasley is skilled.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:27 pm

Not even close.

Jamison is a great teammate and polished scorer and rebounder.

Beasley is all bad news.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 5:29 pm

Like nick said..beasley isnt great in the lockerroom like tawn an he has some off tha court issues..antawn doesnt ..well other than continuing to cheat on his wife....
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:01 pm

No. He could be, but right now he looks more likely to be the next Joe Smith.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 6:40 pm

Crocodile Alligator wrote:
Like nick said..beasley isnt great in the lockerroom like tawn an he has some off tha court issues..antawn doesnt ..well other than continuing to cheat on his wife....

How do you know if he's cheating on his wife? I don't see crap on him like I do with um.. a number of other people. Then again, you do have a point because one of his kids was with another woman, before he met his wife.

Also Antawn Jamison at 22 was nothing like he is now at almost 34. Beasley is what, 23? Jamison couldn't shoot that well when he was 22-23, he gradually developed that part of his game, especially while here in DC.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:03 pm

alot of whores claim to being one of his sidechicks/jumpoffs http://www.talk-sports.net/nba/history.aspx/Antawn_Jamison
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:05 pm

Beasly is the next......Lamar Odom Smile
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:33 pm

alot of whores claim to being one of his sidechicks/jumpoffs http://www.talk-sports.net/nba/history.aspx/Antawn_Jamison

Well it's likely some may be true, but a good amount of others are just saying it to say it. If Jamison has 10 women, LeBron has women in every county in America.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyMon May 03, 2010 7:47 pm

lebrons to high profiled to even consider cheating on the mother of his kids...
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 7:27 am

Ok,guys.I thought they are similar
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:26 pm

VC's sister right?

They were brother in laws at one point...

Beasley is more like the next Isiah Rider to me w/o the overall skill of Rider's.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 12:36 pm

I think Beasly is a great player. I just think Miami was the wrong place for him to go. He was used to being the superstar on his team in HS and college, then he gets drafted by a team that has a guy who demands the ball. Unlike Kevin durant who was drafted by a team that didn't have a superstar. He got to OKC and he was the man right away. And rose this year. When he got drafted, he was a good player... but he was second to BG.. now that BG left, Rose took over. I just think Beasly needs to be the guy if he is going to be good in this leauge.

and Beasily played some good games without Wade in the line-up...

idk.. then again he might be another average player.. like a 15/8 guy
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:16 pm

Durant went to a poor team and they were terrible for two seasons.

Rose went to a team that still had most of its components from a Eastern Conf. playoff team.

I just don't see Beasley as a building block. I think his mentality is fragile and if he isn't the focus of the team than he doesn't give his all. He actually has so many negatives to his game... slender shoulders, avg rebounder, poor defender, slightly above avg athleticism, iffy shot and the most dreaded label a "tweener" Not big/strong enough to play the four and not a good enough dribbler, outside shooter and passer to play the three.

I can't see him turning a poor team around. I can see him as a solid scorer and role player, but I don't think he'll ever let himself be that.

Wiz is right tho. He is still young and who knows what he could be as a player down the line.

At one time Antawn Jamison was considered a "Tweener" too.

I just don't see it.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 1:31 pm

I think Wilson Chandler is still better Smile. And Chandler is only getting better. If Chandler can stay away from all these freaking off-season surgeries then he continue to get better and better. But, alas he's due for yet another off-season surgery damnit that's 2 summers in a row this better be minor...NY has a lot of stock in Chandler & Gallo those are our only 2 long term contracts.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 2:58 pm

Nick C wrote:
Durant went to a poor team and they were terrible for two seasons.

Rose went to a team that still had most of its components from a Eastern Conf. playoff team.

I just don't see Beasley as a building block. I think his mentality is fragile and if he isn't the focus of the team than he doesn't give his all. He actually has so many negatives to his game... slender shoulders, avg rebounder, poor defender, slightly above avg athleticism, iffy shot and the most dreaded label a "tweener" Not big/strong enough to play the four and not a good enough dribbler, outside shooter and passer to play the three.

I can't see him turning a poor team around. I can see him as a solid scorer and role player, but I don't think he'll ever let himself be that.

Wiz is right tho. He is still young and who knows what he could be as a player down the line.

At one time Antawn Jamison was considered a "Tweener" too.

I just don't see it.

well I never said anything about team success.. I meant that the reason why Beasly might not be playing so great right now is because he got drafted 2nd overall, but was taking a backseat to another superstar on the team while Durant was the man right away and had time to grow as a player. KD's rookie year was good.. but kinda average. He wasn't a great 3 pt. shooter, not the best rebounder, couldnt dribble as well, etc. But he had time to grow and now look at him. Beasly hasn't had that chance yet.

and why the heat play Beasly at PF? i have no fuckin clue.. thats as bad as playing KD at PF. Beasly IS a SF.. Once OKC movd KD from PF to SF, he started to play much better. I think the same would happen with Beasily... he might not be as good as KD, but he would be much better than he is now
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:06 pm

Maybe cause they need defense out of Q, which they get. And Spolestra would rather have Q as a SF than Beasley and then play Haslem @ PF because Haslem has always proved to be better served as a 6th Man role. And he propels that pittiful bench of theirs. Q wouldn't do that. And Q has more range than Haslem even though Q.Bitch is a career 40% shooter who's shot a career low 38% for the last couple of years.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:11 pm

thats why the heat struggle at times though. They're too small. They have an undersized SG, undersized SF and an undersized PF. Idc if they list beasly at 6'10.. there is no way he is over 6'8 1/2.

as or Q... he's just out there for 3's... I think there s areason why he's been traded so many times...

Might as well give Beasly a chance to play SF and see how that goes before they decide to trade him.

I think if Beasly was put on a shitty team and he was the number 1 option.. he would be a pretty good player.. maybe he would make the team better, maybe not... idk.. i don't think anyone else will know either until it actually happens..if it happens
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:20 pm

Hahahaha does he count as being a member of the Grizzlies, Clippers (2nd stint), and T-Wolves if he's never actually suited up for them.

He was a Clipper his 1st time out
Then a Sun
Then a Knick
And most recently a Heat

If they count the Grizzlies, Clippers again, and T-Wolves that would be 6 teams haha.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 3:34 pm

yeah those teams count too.. HAHA
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:17 pm

In his career so far he has averaged 19ppg and 8rpg per 36 minutes. If he played 35-40 mins I think within the next 2 years he is going to be a 20-10 guy. Very athletic, long, good shooter for a PF decent for a SF, and his defense isnt THAT bad.

If the heat didn't have haslem he would have more minutes, also there is a reason the heat said no to carlos boozer for beasley.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyTue May 04, 2010 8:51 pm

FC wrote:
In his career so far he has averaged 19ppg and 8rpg per 36 minutes. If he played 35-40 mins I think within the next 2 years he is going to be a 20-10 guy. Very athletic, long, good shooter for a PF decent for a SF, and his defense isnt THAT bad.

If the heat didn't have haslem he would have more minutes, also there is a reason the heat said no to carlos boozer for beasley.

But why do the Heat keep playing Haslem and Q instead of Beasley?

Because Haslem doesn't hurt the team. Plays within the offense. Haslem plays defense and gives effort every time and has a high Bball I.Q. Q (as much of a knucklehead as he is) is a far greater threat as a long range shooter and as a defender. Q isn't a shot blocker or thief, but he's not afraid to get physical and mix it up.

I really disagree with Beasley being athletic (he's above avg... thats it) and yes... his defense isn't that bad, but his effort is what makes his defense worse. Plus the whole PER 36 is nothing but imaginary playing time and fictional numbers for a player who can't get 36 minutes a game.

Roko Ukic avgs 4 pts and 1.9 ast. Give him 36 and his avgs are 12 and 6. But who would be dumb enough to give him 36 minutes?

I could say for every 36 minutes Jordan Farmar played a bear shits a pot of gold and it would be just as accurate.

So... whatever... I could be wrong someday, but I see Michael Beasley as a journeyman like Tim Thomas. He has all the tools and not much know-how or passion to fully utilize his game.

As for everyone saying if he was on a poor team he'd do great... welll... yeah... but is that really the barometer to judge a players worth? If so than I hope Mike plays for terrible teams for the rest of his career so that he can meet everyones expectation.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:09 am

He can definitely become great
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison EmptyThu May 06, 2010 7:56 am

Beasleys a basketball player....Stop questioning that. but he's one of those guys who isnt going to make anyone better and is an off the court knuckleheead....just one of the guys tyou dont want near your team.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison   Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Michael Beasley the next Antawn Jamison
Page 1 of 1