Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Knicks win tonight...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Knicks win tonight... Empty
PostSubject: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 2:25 pm

And they officially would have their first winning season since 2000-2001. It's gonna be fly!!! No Stat, but we beat NJ without Stat this season. They didn't have D.Will then and they aren't gonna have D.Will now. Billups will play tonight after tweaking his thigh bruise though.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:54 pm

DAMMIT TONY
use your knicks thread
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 3:58 pm

I don't have a Knicks thread haha. I guess I can make one. But it's only Snow and I and he's not on here much anymore
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:00 pm

Nenad made you one lol
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 4:02 pm

I hope its the Heat versus the Knicks in the playoffs.

I would love that matchup even if the Knicks get swept... which shouldn't happen.

Melo' versus LeBron.

Amar'e versus Bosh.

Wade versus Tony Douglas, Fields, Billups, Carter... uh... John Starks...

Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:11 pm

U and me both Nick. It's gonna be great. I'm trying my damnedness to try and get playoff tickets cause I wanna be a part of it... I don't think this will be anything like 2004 against Kidd and the Nets at all.

Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:37 pm

They wouldn't even be in the playoffs in the West.. That makes them pathetic.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:39 pm

No. It doesn't.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:52 pm

King wrote:

Memphis - Knicks exploded from 3 twice against Memphis. The second game NY broke a franchise record for most 3's made making 20 for like 36 on 3's. Douglas himself had 9 3's tying Knicks franchise individual record. NY won both games.

New Orleans - Knicks swept season series. Knicks won last 6 games against NOH. It wasn't even close.

Portland - Knicks split the season series against POR. NY massacred them in our victory. The one we lost was like the 3rd game of the season that was ages ago and NY was up 7 with like 2 to go they gave it up.

OKC - NY split the season series with OKC. We beat them convincingly and could've beat them again if it were not for a clutch game winner from KD.

Nuggets - We split against Den, but that doesn't count cause we shifted our players significantly

The Knicks are 7-3 against the #4th-8th seeds in the West.

SA- NY beat SA convincingly. We lost the other game in SA but kept up with them all game
LAL - got swept
Dallas - got swept

The Knicks are 1-5 against #1-3 in the West

Against the sub playoff Western teams NY is 6-7, but NY plays up to and down to it's competition we've struggled win or loss against sub .500 teams and have gotten up win or loss against good competition.

NY v. West finished 14-16....

That's not bad and if we were in the West and played more games against them we could do better.

NOH a playoff team in the West barely has a better winning % in their own conference than we do they are 26-22 and could not beat us this year.

Last edited by EM: Godfather Don Walsh on Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 5:57 pm

EM: Godfather Don Walsh wrote:
King wrote:

Memphis - Knicks exploded from 3 twice against Memphis. The second game NY broke a franchise record for most 3's made making 20 for like 36 on 3's. Douglas himself had 9 3's tying Knicks franchise individual record. NY won both games.

New Orleans - Knicks swept season series. Knicks won last 6 games against NOH. It wasn't even close.

Portland - Knicks split the season series against POR. NY massacred them in our victory. The one we lost was like the 3rd game of the season that was ages ago and NY was up 7 with like 2 to go they gave it up.

OKC - NY split the season series with OKC. We beat them convincingly and could've beat them again if it were not for a clutch game winner from KD.

Nuggets - We split against Den, but that doesn't count cause we shifted our players significantly

SA- NY beat SA convincingly. We lost the other game in SA but kept up with them all game
LAL - got swept
Dallas - got swept

Against the sub playoff Western teams NY is 6-7, but NY plays up to and down to it's competition we've struggled win or loss against sub .500 teams and have gotten up win or loss against good competition.

NY v. West finished 14-15....

That's not bad and if we were in the West and played more games against them we could do better.

NOH a playoff team in the West barely has a better winning % in their own conference than we do they are 26-22 and could not beat us this year.

You'll be embarrassed by Portland...even without Oden
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:02 pm

Now probably it would be a good game. We haven't played each other since you got G.Force and we got Melo....

Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:07 pm

Now probably it would be a good game. We haven't played each other since you got G.Force and we got Melo....

I think Darko is talking to King.

Dallas (King) vs. Portland (Darko) in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Putting it into the context of divisions King to get a better sense of how NY stacked up, little can be argued against the SW division being the toughest to win against.

SW:
Spurs: 1-1
Mavs 0-2
Grizzlies 2-0
Hornets 2-0
Rockets 0-2

Total = 5-5

The other Western divisions:

NW:

OKC: 1-1
Den: 1-1
Portland: 1-1
Utah: 1-1
Minnesota: 1-1

Total = 5-5

PAC:

Lakers: 0-2
PHX: 1-1
GSW: 1-1
LAC: 1-1
SAC: 1-1

Total = 4-6
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Nick C wrote:

If he is that will be a good series if it goes down.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 9:17 pm

Nick C wrote:

No, i am talking to Tony but i think we're capable to pull an upset... after all, it's the Mavericks we're talking about.

Anyone remembers 2007 when Warriors kicked their @$$?

Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:29 am

Darko wrote:
King wrote:

LAL - got swept
Dallas - got swept

NY v. West finished 14-15....

You'll be embarrassed by Portland...even without Oden

We'll sweep Portland.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 9:30 am

Darko wrote:
Nick C wrote:

No, i am talking to Tony but i think we're capable to pull an upset... after all, it's the Mavericks we're talking about.

Anyone remembers 2007 when Warriors kicked their @$$?

We were out-coached that series, and that is why Avery Johnson was fired.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knicks win tonight...   Knicks win tonight... Empty

Back to top Go down

Knicks win tonight...
Page 1 of 1