Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?

Go down 
+5
Raza
brownie13
Fox News
SO6P [KING]
King Of NJ
9 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? Empty
PostSubject: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:48 pm

I hate that abou t today's NBA. It's a joke that physical play doesn't exist anymore and barely touching players gets you fouls especially the superstars.

I wish the NBA wouldn't let teams live at the free throw line and would let it be a mans game again and let them play physical again. The amount of fouls today are ridiculous

Does anybody else hate when teams and players get a ridiculous amount of FT's due to soft foul calls?
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:04 pm

How else is David Stern gonna protect his favorite players LeBron James, Kevin Durant, and Paul Pierce?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:37 pm

I used to not like it. but what you call a "soft foul" can go a long way in stopping a guy from converting a basket. Thats why it has to be called. Now by having the foul calling rules so black and white it stops a lot of the "certain officials call games differently" thing,and I think that makes for a more fair game in the long run.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 6:59 pm

But then Wade and Durant would barely score 20 a game. Wade is SOOO damn good at selling the little touch foul. Durant wouldn't hold up in a more physical league. LeBron...eh, he gets the little tap fouls but I think he gets away with more fouls than he does actually get biased calls that send him to the line.

LOL Kevin Martin might not even play 20 minutes a game anymore.

But it's become part of the game. I really wouldn't have a problem with it if the referees did a better job of calling it evenly.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:04 pm

I don't understand "way over 10" since there's only one player in the NBA averages over 10 free throws a game..

...and with Dwight Howard being that player, I don't think it drastically affects the game

Last edited by Raza on Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Raza wrote:
there's only one player in the NBA averages over 10 points a game..
damn..the nba needs more scorers
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:18 pm

Rock bamas! wrote:
Raza wrote:
there's only one player in the NBA averages over 10 points a game..
damn..the nba needs more scorers

HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:21 pm

Oops.. Embarassed

haha I fixed it though Smile
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:27 pm

anyway.... I agree.

some fouls called are ricdiculous. At times, the refs would call a foul if a finger by one player grazed the ball handlers jersey. It's just fuckin stupid. But I think acting is the key... guys like wade, kobe, lbj, pierce, etc. act like they get punched in the face when they drive to the basket and the foul is almost always called.. and sometimes they didn't even really get fouled. Guys who don't act don't get the whistle. derrick rose drives a lot, and gets fouled at times.. but he doesn't get the whistle most of the time. But that's cuz he never REALLY looks like he gets fouled cuz he is always trying to finish it rather than throw the ball 100 feet in the air and throw his arms up. I'm sure more players don't act when they get fouled, but I'm using rose since I watch the bulls more than any other team.

I like the refs letting teams play.. more fun that way.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:31 pm

You're about to get your dick verbally cut off for being biased by using Rose as an example, but you're completely right. Rose is one of the best players in the NBA for the game of basketball, if that makes sense.

But you're right on.
But still, "way over 10" is a major exaggeration Razz
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:35 pm

Has this changed THAT much? I'm pretty sure wilt shot 50 free throws a couple times. I know there was less fouls in the 80s and 90s but the stars still did get a lot of bullshit calls. comes with the game.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:40 pm

hahahaha!!

yeah.. i brought it up cuz it seems like after every game, thibs gets asked "why do you think Rose isn't getting the same calls as other guys get?"

and I don't think he meants players averaging way more than 10 assists a game.. I think he meant a player shooting way over 10 free throws in one game haha
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:41 pm

i feel like a jackass. with my post messing up a conversation and stuff :/
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 7:46 pm

You should Jake... u should.

but I agree with what u said... it has always happened... just more actresses in today's game I guess..
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Bulls N' Bears wrote:
... just more actresses in today's game I guess..

That's it right there.

I hate the acting involved. The scream to get a foul like they got thumbed in the ass in mid-air. The flailing of the arms and legs in the air and whatnot. The Euro-flopping that has been embraced by American players.

I also can't stand the players of all caliber now bitching about fouls and not getting back on defense. Literally just jawing with an official while his cover sets up for and open three... or gets a mismatch in the post.

It's ridiculous.

Soft touch fouls suck, but the players are using it to their advantage.

I don't know who to blame more.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 12:34 am

That's the advantage of the today's players...I've always been a supporter of the physical and aggressive basketball.I don't complain about not getting calls,because at the end of the day you have to work hard to have a good performances

But i don't fully agree on here.I think all of you make good points with your opinions but there aren't too many "biased calls" out there as of the recent 2-3 years,i'd say.Referees letting the hard fouls is sometimes good and reminds of some memorable times.The questionable calls are when a player acts to get to the lane,that's what stars do.

Btw,someone mentioned Wilt in there.Teams aside of (Boston Celtics,Golden State Warriors) couldn't guard him one on one,so they had way too many hard fouls on him which was the reason why he was on the line so much.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:49 pm

Nick C wrote:

I also can't stand the players of all caliber now bitching about fouls and not getting back on defense. Literally just jawing with an official while his cover sets up for and open three... or gets a mismatch in the post.

It's ridiculous.

Same. Like way to prove your point to the official... "I'm so angry that you didn't call a foul, I'm just gonna sit here and help my team give up 2/3 easy points... Not only that, now that you know I'm upset, you're gonna keep an eye on me because you know I'll be playing more physical due to how angry I am so you can call a foul on me! HA!"

Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? 168114
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:54 pm

That has stopped. Technical foul!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 1:58 pm

still hurts your team haha.

but guys still do it. If they don't complain to the ref.. they just stand there and stare at them while the refs are running to the other side of the court.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 5:14 pm

I hate this thing.Last night,that punk Derrick Rose got 19 free throw attempts!He was getting biased calls...

Razz

j/k
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?   Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Does anybody else hate seeing teams get 30+ free throws and certain players getting way over 10+ free throws in games?
Page 1 of 1