Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee Empty
PostSubject: Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee   Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:30 pm

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2010/12/15/1877681/he-potentially-could-be-a-really-good-player-artest-said-i-think-he#comments

It does sound like an insult when Artest says that McGee doesn't watch film and plays video games on an Atari instead of a playstation, but I agree with Ron on this issue.

JaVale needs to improve his fundamentals and carefully watch film more (he def watches it though not necessarily as much as he should). That way, he can hit more of that potential he has. Right now. he just tries to swat shots like we see in video games, and a third of the time, they're goaltends. We likely lead the league in that category.

But at the same time, Ron didn't have to make McGee seem like a totally clueless player which the Atari statements make him look like....
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee   Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:40 pm

I agree with him. He relies on athleticism too much. But remember dwights first 2 years? He was EXACTLY like mcgee...even similiar in build.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee   Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 3:41 pm

and I like how mcgee plays around the basket (unlike andray) He doesn't do all of that reversing and spinning and shit..He dunks the basketball..period.

Last edited by Koolish! on Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee   Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 4:01 pm

lol @ plays video games on an Atari instead of a playstation.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee   Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:30 pm

While praising McGee for his incredible athleticism, Odom also provided a rather astute assessment of McGee, noting that he still needs to develop a better feel for the game "because the game is called basketball, not run and jump."
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee   Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:56 pm

I also heard something about Kobe saying that John Wall should get out of his Reezigs and switch to the Nikes.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee   Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee Empty

Back to top Go down

Ron Artest provides criticism of JaVale McGee
Page 1 of 1