Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak

Go down 
4 posters

Will Connecticut break the all time Division I winning streak?
Yes
UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak Vote_lcap0%UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No. They will beat Ohio State, lose to FSU
UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak Vote_lcap0%UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No, They lose to Ohio State
UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak Vote_lcap100%UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak Vote_rcap
 100% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak Empty
PostSubject: UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak   UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 12:55 pm

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-women/hc-uconn-marquette-1210-20101209,0,598987.story

The Huskies demolished Marquette 79-47 at home yesterday, where the Eagles could have certainly used Dwayne's talents from South Beach.... It must be a really great time to be a UConn student:

1. Women's basketball team is still undefeated. Maya Moore is practically unstoppable and she makes Diana Taurasi a thing of the past and she's still in the prime of her pro career. She's averaging 24 ppg, 7 rpg, and 4 apg. Then again who expected the women's basketball team to play less than stellar (they could have lost to Baylor earlier this year).
2. Men's basketball has been a pleasant surprise to say the least after last year's mediocre season tattered with the Nate Miles fiasco. Jim Calhoun never expected his team to be undefeated at this point in the season! Kemba Walker is a beast! Assuming he goes pro after this year, he needs to put on that Wizards uniform! He's averaging some unreal numbers this deep into the season!
3. Of course, football. They "stole" a BCS berth from West Virginia, and have played a bend but don't break style of football that has gotten Randy Edsall courting calls from Miami, though I think he will ultimately stay at UConn.

Anyway, UConn has won 87 straight, one away from the Division I record set by UCLA's men's basketball team. Their next game is Sunday December 19 at MSG against the #6 Ohio State Buckeyes, and they came off a recent win against then #11 Oklahoma. This will be their toughest game to win, and they have a sick duo (I forgot their names). After, UConn plays #17 Florida State, again at home on December 21 right after final exams are done. I have a feeling that they will either break the streak, or they will lose to Ohio State on Sunday....

Last edited by thewiz06 on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak   UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 1:08 pm

they lose there next game...remember who said it...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak   UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 5:15 pm

ohio state will blow them out
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak   UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 5:40 pm

cbi wrote:
ohio state will blow them out

+1

Hope so.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak   UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak EmptyFri Dec 10, 2010 5:42 pm

no blowout. at the buzzer
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak   UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 1:09 pm

If UConn loses, they will not lose because they played like the Wizards did against the Kings this past Wednesday. They will lose by no more than 10 points, and more than likely smaller than that.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak   UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak EmptySun Dec 19, 2010 10:45 pm

Unfortunately for Ohio State, it was an 81-50 blowout. UConn ties the mark held by UCLA... On Tuesday, we shall see if they can one up the Bruins...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak   UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak Empty

Back to top Go down

UConn one game away from tying the all time Division I winning streak
Page 1 of 1