Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! Empty
PostSubject: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 2:14 am

Keep in mind that the game we won in Phoenix Nate only played 10 minutes, so not only do his DNP's result in a 3 game win streak, but we are 3-1 without him & we won 5/6 with him playing limited minutes/not playing at all.

Like I said before this team is better w/o him. Larry Hughes is 20 times the player Nate is and he is uncharacteristically stepping up and being relatively consistent and Toney Douglas is growing on me more and more. What NY needs to do is continue to play Jeffries and Curry. Jeffries hasn't done too bad (shows he has some value) and we pawn him off our only contract that expired after 2010 before the season started. Then we let go of Nate & trade off Curry if he shows value on his return, which he has shown as of late. Get the cap relief, make solid trades ie no Harrington for T. Thomas, and continue to build & play hard.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:03 am

Oooh bad go, yeah you won afew games but nates the depth in the bench and also bring harrington off the bench, duhon should be pulled aside and nate should be starting, i know what your saying he just needs to share the ball around abit more he shoots and demands the ball to much, however that idea of trading him and curry could be good, for somebody lie monta ellis who i think dosent want to play in golden state but i could be wrong...

Jeffries is hopeless man and larry hughes is just in fine form this is my trade hope for the Knicks...

Houston get - Nate Robinson, Eddy Curry & 1st Round Draft Pick
Knicks get - Tracy McGrady

why dont they atleast try it?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:06 am

Is T-Mac even worth a 1st round pick at this point? I know I wouldn't give mine up if I were the Knicks. As little as Houston wants him, he could be had for less.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:08 am

I wouldn't want McGrady on my team. Hes gonna be rusty, injury prone, and good for 15 off the bench. Why waste a lottery pick on that?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:12 am

They should see him play first, but if he is 15, 5, and 5 still, I'd still be willing to give up those two guys listed above, just not the draft pick.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:16 am

Especially not with this year's draft class.

Assuming the Knicks pick around 8-11, where they are headed now, they could get a great piece.

Ed Davis, Xavier Henry, Craig Brackins, and Patrick Patterson are all guys they can consider at that range, I especially think Henry would be a big help.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:20 am

They could use any young stud, after taking a project in Jordan Hill in this year's draft, who has barely even played for a team with a pretty poor record. Trading away any part of the future would really hurt them, because McGrady would be unlikely to turn this team into a contender for the playoffs anyway.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:22 am

Even if the Knicks did make the playoffs, Id love to see how quickly they get stomped by Orlando, Cleveland, Boston, Chicago.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:27 am

McGrady would really not be worth sacrificing anything but expiring contracts at this point. He'll be a free agent next season, and could be had if they really wanted him as a piece next season anyway.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:35 am

That's awsome news for the Knicks.I would like them to see keep up this streak
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:36 am

The Knicks need a superstar, and I hate how all their players are too small or to slow for the positions they play.

David Lee cant defend the center position.

Chandler is too slow to cover a SG and too weak to cover a SF.

Gallinari couldn't defend Antoine Walker. (Todays Antoine)

Duhon is too slow for a quick PG.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:39 am

What they should be doing is starting from scratch with either a future superstar or a current one if they can attract him. Their current roster is made up of simply a ton of role players with no one that can be counted on down the stretch and a lot of players out to get stats for their next paycheck.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:44 am

I think Gallinari could score 30 a game if he took the shots, he can fire like no other. Only problem is the guy hes covering would score 30 too.

With Chandler, hes too average, if he had a better jumper maybe, but he does everything okay and nothing great.

It just annoys me because both of these guys could be good 2nd or 3rd options, same with Lee, but they just need that superstar to put them over.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:54 am

Steve wrote:
I think Gallinari could score 30 a game if he took the shots, he can fire like no other. Only problem is the guy hes covering would score 30 too.

This is funny hahaha :LMFAO:
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 6:57 am

Steve wrote:
It just annoys me because both of these guys could be good 2nd or 3rd options, same with Lee, but they just need that superstar to put them over.

Exactly. A team full of decent role players, that just need carried over the hump by a great player (or perhaps two very good players). They definitely could use some help on the defensive end, but it really isn't too big of a deal at this point, especially if they can average 110 points of their own again.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:01 am

They are basically Phoenix without Steve Nash right now. If they could somehow sign Dwayne Wade this offseason things would change.

Imagine how exciting the Knicks would be if they got Jennings instead of Hill.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:05 am

All I can say about that bonehead move: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! 902265

I really didn't understand that pick. Jennings would have fit perfectly into their offense, I never really saw the infatuation with Jordan Hill.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:07 am

Maybe Jordan Hill will turn out to be the 20-10 player D'Antoni thinks he can be, but at this point it looks like he had the next Steve Nash in his crosshairs and missed.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! EmptyTue Dec 08, 2009 7:14 am

I think D'Antoni and Walsh still have their sights set upon Ricky Rubio as the next Nash. I see him coming to New York as a definite possibility (way more likely than anywhere else). I don't know if he'll do great things, but I'm pretty sure that's who D'Antoni wants running his offense the next 10-12 years. As for Hill, I don't even see him as that great of a raw talent. He was a junior at Arizona, so its not like he is extremely young or anything. He does have size and athleticism, but I'd have been afraid to take him anywhere in the top 12 picks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!   No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

No more Nate Robinson = 3 game win streak!!!
Page 1 of 1