Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?

Go down 
+4
Darko
Abdu
Fox News
King Of NJ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:07 pm

The Knicks are on an 8 game winning streak and won 12 of their last 13 to go to a 15-9 record

The Knicks haven't played quality competition though and have only played 5 teams with over .500 records all year. They've only won 2 games against over .500 teams in their Bulls and Nuggets wins

They're 1-1 against + .500 teams in this stretch beating the Nuggets at home to split the season series and losing to the Hawks at home convincingly

They are impressive at 10-4 on the road I will say though even with just 1 win against a +.500 team on the road

they have won the games they needed to win so I'll give them that even though alot of these games with poor teams could've gone either way

In your opinion do you think the Knicks are more of a contending team or do you think this is just the product of playing poor competition?
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 12:07 pm

Personally I think this is a product of poor competition and I'm not completely sold on the Knicks. They'll have top beat more quality teams to convince me

I give them credit for getting wins but I think this padded record is in large part to playing poor competition but I'll give them credit for winning games they should win and they will compete for a playoff spot more than likely
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:16 pm

Fri 05 vs Washington W 112-91

Wed 17 @ Sacramento W 113-106
Fri 19 @ Golden State W 125-119
Sat 20 @ LA Clippers W 124-115
Tue 23 vs Charlotte W 110-107
Wed 24 @ Charlotte W 99-95
Sat 27 vs Atlanta L 90-99
Sun 28 @ Detroit W 125-116
Tue 30 vs New Jersey W 111-100
December Opponent Result
Fri 03 @ New Orleans W 100-92
Sun 05 @ Toronto W 116-99
Mon 06 vs Minnesota W 121-114
Wed 08 vs Toronto W 113-110
Fri 10 @ Washington W 101-95
Sun 12 vs Denver W 129-125

Agreed with you.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 1:21 pm

I think NYK is a legit team.. and Amar'e is beasting.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 5:11 pm

Amar'e Stoudemire is a beast

Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 6:54 pm

I think they are definitely a playoff team, but we'll see if they've got the ability to be a top 5 East team over the next 10 or so games. They play all of the East's best at least once, as well as the Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, and Jazz. If they can come out of that stretch at within a game of .500, I'd definitely believe in them a little more. I like the way they're playing. I think 6-7 would probably be pretty respectable over the next 13 games. If they did better than that, it would be impressive.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 9:07 pm

Time to end the streak! Tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 pm

Knicks looked good against the Celtics. Impressive I thought despite a tough close lose
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyWed Dec 15, 2010 11:13 pm

Impressed with the first game of this stretch. It's a loss, but if they play like this against everyone else, they would win almost all of their games.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 1:39 am

i want to shoot Paul Pierce in the head...
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 3:52 pm

Both times this season NY scored over 100 points against the Celts. Game 1 we lost 104 to 101 off clutch Boston plays. Last night we lost 120 to 118 cause of the damn Big 3 coming up just a little more clutch than NY. We were clutch this time. First game I believe we gave the ball up in the final possession. This time we scored on the final possessions. The last score not counting cause there was .4 sec left on the clock. Amar'e d'ing up Pierce in the end wasn't bad cause he stayed with him and put a hand up Pierce just hit a tough shot. At the start of the play Felton kept Pierce at the top of the key and ate up some time, but Pierce penetrated and Felton switched off and Pierce burried a tough jumper over Amar'e. The previous time Celts scored on Ray Allen's go ahead 3 Raymond was clearly fouled in transition and it was not called. If he went to the line we could of been up 2 and Ray may have not gotten the 3 off cause it took a fast break to get it off. Im not gonna fret though cause the and 1 Gallo connected on wasn't really a foul either to knot the game back @ 116 after Allen's 3. But damn we were countering all their big shots and went down fighting with Amar'e just a tad too slow in his release. What did us in was failure to get on the boards. We forced KG and Glen Davis to big stops but they got their own rebound and hit some timely shots. Ugh I concur I want to throw something @ Pierce.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? EmptyThu Dec 16, 2010 4:44 pm

BAd D by the knicks on that last play..how do you let pierce get to that spot?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?   What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak? Empty

Back to top Go down

What do you think and make of the Knicks winning streak?
Page 1 of 1