Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

God damn Blake Griffin!!!

Go down 
+14
John14
brownie13
No Longer DEAD
Raza
SO6P [KING]
cbi
FC
Saeed
Chris
Darko
Abdu
Fox News
Nick C
EM:)
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 10:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

Impressive!!!

Camby doing work 2!!
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 29, 2010 3:44 pm

what if it says horrid running the point, good shooter
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:55 am

Big nasty wrote:
check almost any blake griffin recruiting report and you will find the words "horrid" and "shooter" guaranteed.
i actually take it back. I didn't know that Amare can also hit threes, lol..
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 9:54 am

Chris wrote:
Big nasty wrote:
check almost any blake griffin recruiting report and you will find the words "horrid" and "shooter" guaranteed.
i actually take it back. I didn't know that Amare can also hit threes, lol..

Amar'e beasted against the Celtics.He has range...
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 10:26 pm

Griffin has 20/8 at halftime in an epic battle with Kevin Love and the Wolves.... shit I gotta get a Blake Griffin jersey ASAP.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 4:20 am

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa

Who saw Griffin last night? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

DUNK OF THE YEAR. And 44/15
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 6:19 am

44 points,15 assists,7 assists....as a rookie!

Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

Male Posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 3:00 am

Blake Griffin will end up being a poor mans Amar'e
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:02 am

He's already better rebounder than Amar'e and is more explosive.Can he improve on defense, it will be Blake
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:22 pm

King wrote:

Stop. Just fucking stop right there. What is your definition of a "poor man"? Blake is already nearly as good as PRIME Amar'e AND HE'S STILL A FUCKING ROOKIE. Amar'e has a more well rounded offense, but when he was a rookie he didn't have a jumpshot either and over the years he developed a good mid range jumper.. what makes you think Blake won't do the same? Neither are good on defense but I give Amar'e the edge. But then again Blake is a rookie. Plenty of players were not good defenders and couldn't shoot well as a rookie but given a few years, they became good in those areas. Blake is a much better rebounder than Amar'e and is a better pass/ball handler. So you're pretty much saying Blake will not improve in the years to come? Because if Blake improves his defense and jump shot, which I know he will. He will easily surpass Amar'e. Pfft, "poor man Amar'e". GTFO
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:40 pm

get his small white cock out of ur asshole before he and the clippers bukkakes you abdul
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 1:42 pm

how many times are you gonna say "he's a rookie"..when he's not a rookie get at me...
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:35 pm

Fo' Shizzle wrote:
King wrote:

Stop. Just fucking stop right there. What is your definition of a "poor man"? Blake is already nearly as good as PRIME Amar'e AND HE'S STILL A FUCKING ROOKIE. Amar'e has a more well rounded offense, but when he was a rookie he didn't have a jumpshot either and over the years he developed a good mid range jumper.. what makes you think Blake won't do the same? Neither are good on defense but I give Amar'e the edge. But then again Blake is a rookie. Plenty of players were not good defenders and couldn't shoot well as a rookie but given a few years, they became good in those areas. Blake is a much better rebounder than Amar'e and is a better pass/ball handler. So you're pretty much saying Blake will not improve in the years to come? Because if Blake improves his defense and jump shot, which I know he will. He will easily surpass Amar'e. Pfft, "poor man Amar'e". GTFO

What attributes does Blake Griffin have besides his athleticism? Get his cock off your mouth, okay?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 8:44 pm

Well he's surprised me, that's for sure...

Now once he destroys his knees trying to dunk on Jesus every posession and tries to come back from surgery after surgery, we'll see how he's stacking up to Amare.

But as of now, he's on pace to destroy Amare easy
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:13 pm

King wrote:
Fo' Shizzle wrote:
King wrote:

What attributes does Blake Griffin have besides his athleticism? Get his cock off your mouth, okay?

Wanna bring up althleticism? Well what attributes does Amar'e have besides his athleticism? Yeah he has his pretty little mid range bla bla. That's it. Everything about him other than his jumper is based off his athleticism. And to answer your dumb ass question; Well Blake is the 2nd best rebounder in the game( Before you say something stupid, you don't get 12.5 rpg purely of off athleticism.) He also has VERY good ball handling for a guy his size and is a good passer for a PF. People like you really piss me off. Don't talk out of your ass about players you don't know shit about.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:16 pm

be nice guys God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 247868
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 05, 2011 9:26 pm

Rock bamas! wrote:
be nice guys God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 247868

Visa? The voice of reason? The peacemaker?

I'm shocked!!!

Oh... I just read the "get his small white cock out of ur asshole before he and the clippers bukkakes you abdul"...

Whatever... it's was still a nice gesture.
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 7:52 pm

Fo' Shizzle wrote:
King wrote:
Fo' Shizzle wrote:
King wrote:

Wanna bring up althleticism? Well what attributes does Amar'e have besides his athleticism? Yeah he has his pretty little mid range bla bla. That's it. Everything about him other than his jumper is based off his athleticism. And to answer your dumb ass question; Well Blake is the 2nd best rebounder in the game( Before you say something stupid, you don't get 12.5 rpg purely of off athleticism.) He also has VERY good ball handling for a guy his size and is a good passer for a PF. People like you really piss me off. Don't talk out of your ass about players you don't know shit about.

Blake Griffin has a much more polished jump-shot, and his defense is better than Blake Griffin's.

Blake Griffin is a highlight reel, but once again is shit without his athleticism right now unless he learns to put skill into it.

Okay, shitst
er?
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:36 pm

My god... did you even read my fucking post? Amar'e wouldn't be good without his athleticism either, all he'd have is his mid range jump shot. And his defense would be shit loads worse than it already is. If Blake didn't have his athleticism he'd still be a top rebounder and have nice ball handling/passing skills.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:47 pm

if blake wasnt athletic he qwouldnt grab 5 rpg...
Back to top Go down
SO6P [KING]
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
SO6P [KING]

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 8:57 pm

Fo' Shizzle wrote:
My god... did you even read my fucking post? Amar'e wouldn't be good without his athleticism either, all he'd have is his mid range jump shot. And his defense would be shit loads worse than it already is. If Blake didn't have his athleticism he'd still be a top rebounder and have nice ball handling/passing skills.

Blake Griffin without his athleticism would be mediocre, retard
-No defense
-No jump-shot
-No skills

Okay bandwag
on?
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:06 pm

Your argument is fucking pointless, why say Blake Griffin without his athleticism would be mediocre when Amar'e would also be mediocre without his athlticism? If Amar'e wasn't athletic he wouldn't be nearly as good on offense, sure he has a jumpshot but he's no Dirk Nowitzki. He would barely get 5 rebounds per game. And his D would just be so terrible... He'd fucking suck. I know Blake wouldn't be all that good either, but he would still get 8 ~ 10 rebounds per game( No you don't fucking get 13 rpg purely off of athleticism). And he'd still have his good ball handling/passing.

Random fact: The last rookie to average 20 + pts, 10 + rbs, and 3 + ast( Blake's stats), was Larry Bird.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Fo' Shizzle wrote:
Your argument is fucking pointless, why say Blake Griffin without his athleticism would be mediocre when Amar'e would also be mediocre without his athlticism? If Amar'e wasn't athletic he wouldn't be nearly as good on offense, sure he has a jumpshot but he's no Dirk Nowitzki. He would barely get 5 rebounds per game. And his D would just be so terrible... He'd fucking suck. I know Blake wouldn't be all that good either, but he would still get 8 ~ 10 rebounds per game( No you don't fucking get 13 rpg purely off of athleticism). And he'd still have his good ball handling/passing.

Random fact: The last rookie to average 20 + pts, 10 + rbs, and 3 + ast( Blake's stats), was Larry Bird.
abdul, Blake doesnt have the post moves that amare has,jumpshot,and cant hit his Ft's like amare. Amare without his athleticism would be better than blake and his rebounding would remain decent,blakes would just fall off a cliff because he relies solely on athleticism.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Fo' Shizzle wrote:

Blake Griffin shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as Larry Bird. Griffin will never become anything like Larry Bird was. Do I think Griffin has a shot at the HOF? It's way too early to tell, but at this point, yes. But I mean really - Bird put up his numbers on championship teams. Blake Griffin is putting up numbers for one of the most pathetic franchises in the NBA. And plus, when you look at all the great rookies (20-10 guys), almost all of them had great intangibles - Bird knew how to win games and was one of the smartest players on the court, Duncan had the leadership qualities and again had a high b-ball IQ, etc. Griffin has obviously made an impression on the league so far, but he really hasn't displayed a high level of basketball IQ at all. I completely disagree with you about Griffin being better or just as good as Amar'e if you took away their athleticism - Amar'e has an incredibly good jumpshot, and it doesn't matter if he isn't Dirk Nowitzki, his jumpshot is 100x better than anything resembling a jump shot that Blake Griffin has. As Visa pointed out, Blake also has a very limited post game and if you took away his athleticism - well, let's just say his post game is nothing special. Amare doesn't have a great post game either, but at least he's a bit longer than Blake so his post game would be something he could definitely develop. Look, in all likelihood when it's all said and done, Blake Griffin might be the better player, but you just need to understand that Blake Griffin averaging 20-10 for the Clippers is much different than Tim Duncan averaging 20-10 for the Spurs or Larry Bird for the Celtics, and to an extent even Shaq for the Magic.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:28 pm

Khai does it again...

Blake is at this point,living from his athleticism because he knows how to use it.Next point,is to develop some actual skills and try to translate that athleticism in more than just dunks.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 10:42 pm

I think you guys are being a little overly harsh on Griffin and Abdul. Even players that do rely mostly on athleticism have some very good skills. Griffin isn't doing all of this purely off of his strength and leaping ability. Look at McGee, who is as athletic as they come, or a number of other players around the league, and you'll see that it takes more than athleticism to be really a good player in this league. Griffin is a truly good rebounder who pounds the glass consistently. He also has a pretty well developed post game for a guy who is in his first NBA season. His jumper isn't quite there yet, but it's not as non-existent as you think. He hits about 1 a game from mid-range. Now, his finesse scoring game doesn't compare to Stoudemire's at all, because Amare has the floater and a great mid-range game. However, Blake is already a better passer than Amare, and nearly as good (perhaps equally as good or bettter) at taking care of the ball. One thing that's certain. He's a better rebounder. Amare has played on a bad rebounding team that plays at a fast pace for years and has never averaged more than 10 boards a game. Griffin's over 12. The two are comparable, and it isn't fair to either player to say they'd be nothing without their athleticism. Of course they wouldn't be the same, but that's true of any player in the NBA. Bottom line is Griffin is really really good, rookie or not. He's had a double-double in 22 straight games, and has gone for 20 points in 18 of them. Playing for the Clippers means it's not as amazing as some other rookie feats, but he's definitely comparable to Amare (though he's still showing to be very different) in terms of ability.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: God damn Blake Griffin!!!   God damn Blake Griffin!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

God damn Blake Griffin!!!
Page 2 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next