Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Blake Griffin isn't that good.

Go down 
+9
Fox News
No Longer DEAD
Nick C
EM:)
YS
KD35
Straight Edge Bluntness
Saeed
JC45
13 posters

Blake Griffin Sucks...
Balls
Blake Griffin isn't that good. Vote_lcap75%Blake Griffin isn't that good. Vote_rcap
 75% [ 3 ]
Shit
Blake Griffin isn't that good. Vote_lcap25%Blake Griffin isn't that good. Vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
JC45
College Baller
College Baller
JC45

Male Posts : 354

Blake Griffin isn't that good. Empty
PostSubject: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:30 pm

I am tired of everybody saying how good he is. I see him as a Kenyon Martin, but not a LeBron. He isn't going to be as good as he was in college, because in all of his highlights no defender puts his hands up, so I doubt he will be able to dunk the ball in this league.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:33 pm

All he can do is dunk. Another Nate Robinson, but with size, coming our way Blake Griffin isn't that good. Icon_scratch.

And sucking shit is naaaasty.
I put balls.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:38 pm

Wow, he hasn't played a regular season game yet so I say cut him some slack for now.
He may be overhyped by the media, but it doesn't mean he "sucks balls". I wanna see him play a few games during the regular season before I can make a fair and valid evaluation of his skills and capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:41 pm

Well, your right. But look at his college tapes.
All he does is drive, and dunk. Defenders are scared of him when he does, so they don't defend. Let's see him try that shit on just an average defender, like (example) Rashard Lewis, or Caron Butler, and he's getting his ass blocked.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:50 pm

lol, you have a point.

Still, he is young and the NBA is an opportunity for talented college players like Griffin to improve and refine his basketball skills. He will make a few mistakes because he is rookie which is understandable. But with the right training/development, he can eventually become a better player.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:51 pm

He's still wildly over-rated. ROY? No way. A 22 (age?) year old dunker playing with the CLIPPERS, and people say he'll win ROY.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Blair>Griffin

yeah i said it......word
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:52 pm

Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:
lol, you have a point.

Still, he is young and the NBA is an opportunity for talented college players like Griffin to improve and refine his basketball skills. He will make a few mistakes because he is rookie which is understandable. But with the right training/development, he can eventually become a better player.

Yes...cuz we all know that the Clippers are the perfect team to get the right training/development...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:53 pm

YS wrote:
Spurs Raptors Fan wrote:
lol, you have a point.

Yes...cuz we all know that the Clippers are the perfect team to get the right training/development...

Damn, true.
Poor Griffin...hopefully, he gets traded soon then, haha.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 6:53 pm

I will attempt to predict his career good enough for starter value and will be throughout most of his career, but isn't going to be great. I think he will be like Jermaine O'Neal. Not the obvious All-star that can do it all JO, but the injured JO who is a solid player but not like All-star JO.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:11 pm

I don't know what you've guys have been watching. Blake is going to be amazing in the NBA.

It's a little hard to predict a players future 0 games into their career. But all I see is upside.

Gilbert Arenas.

KG

Kobe Bryant

Tracy McGrady

Michael Redd

Steve Nash...

That's the short list on current players.

All those guys took baby steps and became MVP's and scoring champs or all stars. Plus Griffin is a lot more of a throwback player. He has the hops, but he's a energy and a all out hustler. Passes well. Dribbles a whole lot better than anything I saw him do at OKLA... he actually has handles. Doesn't stop on plays and has a motor... I think that's pretty good out of..

A ROOKIE.

He will improve. Just like the guys I listed.

Whoever said he's like LeBron tho is smoking crack. Two totally different players.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:15 pm

The dude's gonna be a stud... he already won Summer League MVP in his first year and he doesn't look like he's going to be inconsistent at all. Of course he may not be the best fit in L.A., but he'll get a lot of help from the vets such as Baron Davis, Marcus Camby, Chris Kaman, etc.

The only way Griffin is heading is up.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 8:37 pm

Blake griffin will best, post 23,11 career averages
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyMon Oct 26, 2009 9:48 pm

He has too much pressure because everybody expects too much from him, but I think he will eventually dominate. I hope he scores 50 on lakers tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 9:20 am

I agree with VISA
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:51 pm

Last edited by Nick C on Tue Oct 27, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:52 pm

Honestly, that franchise is cursed.
End the curse by moving the franchise elsewhere, lol.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 12:59 pm

I like Kibby's idea of the Kansas City Clippers

either Kansas City or St.Louis Clippers would be good

maybe even San Diego where they orginated
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyTue Oct 27, 2009 1:19 pm

I think whatever state or city they move to... the actual name "Clippers" needs to be dropped. That name is cursed.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:15 pm

Good point Nick

Maybe Sent Lous,they actually won a championship Smile
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Stern, end the suffering. Move the Clippers Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blake Griffin isn't that good.   Blake Griffin isn't that good. Empty

Back to top Go down

Blake Griffin isn't that good.
Page 1 of 1