Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)

Go down 
+3
Saeed
Raza
Chosen One
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) Empty
PostSubject: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 7:43 pm

At least we are looking better than the Heat last night Smile

Love the new offensive system
LETS GO CAVS
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 8:18 pm

WHY THE FUCK DID I TRADE YOU JJ HICKSON
Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) 902265
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 pm

THEY TRADED HICKSON!?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:21 pm

No, I traded JJ Hickson to Chosen One in a fantasy league for Dejuan Blair.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 pm

Oh... lmfao.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 pm

Cool
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 9:50 pm

I hope Blair goes off for 20 points 20 rebounds
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:14 pm

Raps beat 'em last night.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:17 pm

BECAUSE OF LINAS KLEIZA
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:20 pm

and the tall guy from Italy.

I always spell his name wrong.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:26 pm

Linas Kleiza.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:29 pm

ANDREA BARGNANI

...and his 3.5 rebounds per game in 32 minutes.

...he's a starting center.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:39 pm

So far it seems like his rebounding abilities (or lack of) has declined this season.
I think he only had 1 rebound which is very dismal.
Laaaaazzzyyy on the boards...

but I am liking your friend Kleiza Raza :p

Hope he can keep it up though.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 1:45 pm

I don't know that he's lazy on the boards...he's just a terrible rebounder:

I don't know that he'd be an average rebounder for a SF, where it'd be best to play him if he could move enough, but he's forced to bang with centers when it'd be unlikely for him to bang with anyone. He plays away from the basket, and for a center, that's a no-no. Not his fault, but it certainly reflects on his rebounding.

Good player. Just not a center.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 2:11 pm

He is a lazy player in general.
He has worked with experts in various fields (e.g. scoring, rebounding) and still has not improved at all. For rebounding, I know he worked with Moses Malone during the off-season (not this one as far as I know but the previous one) and his rebounding numbers have remained the same.

That is a good point that because he is naturally an SF, that it could have an impact on his rebounding...but he has shown little to no improvement in that area despite working with experts to improve in that department. I think that can be slightly attributed to laziness...he is kinda known for being lazy in general.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 5:31 pm

He's not lazy. Lazy is someone like Amare, he has all the ability, frame and strength to grab rebounds and he doesn't.
Bargnani just doesn't has it.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Soy Milk wrote:
He is a lazy player in general.
He has worked with experts in various fields (e.g. scoring, rebounding) and still has not improved at all. For rebounding, I know he worked with Moses Malone during the off-season (not this one as far as I know but the previous one) and his rebounding numbers have remained the same.

That is a good point that because he is naturally an SF, that it could have an impact on his rebounding...but he has shown little to no improvement in that area despite working with experts to improve in that department. I think that can be slightly attributed to laziness...he is kinda known for being lazy in general.

Andrea would be a BEAST if he would try to put in more heart out there. And I think u hit it spot on that he is a SF in a C body. I think way back when the raps had jermaine and Bosh, Bargs was doing well as the starting SF?

As for the rebounding numbers, the Raptors Reggie Evans has been a beast on the boards
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:40 pm

Chris wrote:
He's not lazy. Lazy is someone like Amare, he has all the ability, frame and strength to grab rebounds and he doesn't.

Wow, guess you don't know Bargnani then.
Even on offense (his stronger area), he does show signs of lack of effort...some games he can shoot 20+ points and other games...he'll have a total of 3 points. People compare his shooting ability to Dirk...but yet after all this time in the NBA...he has not changed much from when he started in this league. There are times where he even decides to sit out because of very minor injuries (e.g. lower back pain) that other players can play through easily. After all this time working with experts to improve his shooting ability and rebounding....he has not made significant progress and I think that is because he is lazy.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:43 pm

He might be overall lazy buz Bargnani doesn't look like someone who can grab rebounds anyway. He looks more like SF. Like you said.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:52 pm

If you're 7'0. you should be grabbing more than 4.8 rebounds a game. Period.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:54 pm

If you're 6'7 you're supposed to not grab many rebounds, G-Force grabs over 10..
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:59 pm

Soy Milk wrote:
Chris wrote:

Wow, guess you don't know Bargnani then.
Even on offense (his stronger area), he does show signs of lack of effort...some games he can shoot 20+ points and other games...he'll have a total of 3 points. People compare his shooting ability to Dirk...but yet after all this time in the NBA...he has not changed much from when he started in this league. There are times where he even decides to sit out because of very minor injuries (e.g. lower back pain) that other players can play through easily. After all this time working with experts to improve his shooting ability and rebounding....he has not made significant progress and I think that is because he is lazy.

Add in the fact he has the same boring look on his face every minute of every game
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:00 pm

And he's an all-star because of it. If he got 6 boards a game, no way he would make it
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:01 pm

his career average is 4.8. The total is lower due to his first 2 seasons of not playing that much.

but his season high is 6.1 RPG. still not good for a 7 footer... but he only averaged 1 offensive rebound per game that year. [5 defensive rebounds]

Since he is a shooter, he's usually further away from the rim when the raptors are on offensive. Meaning there is less chances of him getting offesive rebounds. if he were to chill by the rim all the time like guys like Howard/Noah/Bogut/etc. he would be averaging more O rebounds which would raise his total to like 7.5-8 rebounds a game. Still not great for a 7 footer... but it's better than 6.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:03 pm

I understand why he doesn't get a lot of rebounds, but when you're relying on Reggie Evans to grab 15 rebounds a game, you're not in good shape. He won't do that all year long
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)   Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :) Empty

Back to top Go down

Cavs Lookin Pretty Good :)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next