Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!

Go down 
+3
brownie13
Fox News
EM:)
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! Empty
PostSubject: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:11 pm

To me I think he has a world of promise and is the best offensive player that the 76ers have may be the most consistent one now that Andre Miller isn't there anymore. However, I still think that out of sheer respect if Allen Iverson comes back to Philly Young should relinquish his #3 jersey in AI's honor and give it to AI, the rightful owner for him to wear. Does anyone else agree?

I mean Stuckey didn't need to do that because AI and Detroit have no real special relationship and I found it disrespectful for AI to wear #1 in Detroit so soon after what Billups represented for that franchise as well.

This is different than what LBJ23 is proposing to do. That's just stupid IMO to give up a number league wide because of the player that wore it before (MJ). In AI's case when his # is retired Thad Young will never wear that # again, so might as well give it to AI.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:15 pm

young reminds me ALOT of antawn jamison
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:19 pm

if AI comes back he should definitely give up the number. as for Thad's abilities, he doesn't really have a position (not really either a PF or a SF), and isn't really consistent at doing anything for the Sixers. hes still young, but I don't really see him as ever being anything more than a role player in the NBA. I could maybe offer up that his ceiling is Shawn Marion, but that's pushing it for me.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:24 pm

I can see that comparison.

Anyways, I think AI can do a lot of good for this team. People said that AI even though he was owning in Philly held Iggy back from being a franchise player and offensive force to be reckoned with. Now that Iverson's departure showed that wasn't so at all and Iggy is nothing more than a pretty good defender and alright offensive player that didn't really show full force of what he can do w/o AI. Now he should take the backseat and let AI be AI and remake a duo that was going somewhere.

That Philly team and this one have similarities.

They both had a sharpshooter off the bench: Korver ---> Now Kapono
They both had one time All-stars that injuries have plagued: Webber ---> Now Brand
They both had Samuel Dalembert & Willie Green
Thaddeus Young replaces John Salmons (Young is better now than what Salmons was then)

They need a PG, otherwise Louis Williams/Jrue/Green give more firepower than what Philly had as a PG when AI was there.

PG. ---- I don't think they should try Williams/Jrue as the starter for the season if they can get a good vet PG that's been there before.

SG. Allen Iverson
SF. Andre Iguodala
PF. Thaddeus Young
C. Samuel Dalembert
6. Elton Brand
7. Louis Williams
8. Jason Kapono
9. Willie Green
10. JRue Holiday
11. Marreese Speights
12. Jason Smith

Could be a decent enough team & AI can be AI and prove his doubters wrong.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:30 pm

I agree with Thad Young. As of now he looks like a promising role player. Not really a guy you can build a team around as a franchise player, but to me that's exactly what Andre Iggy has proved to be himself. Despite he has a nice following I don't really think of him as a franchise player and may be a tad on the overrated side. Nevertheless, if AI does come back to Philly he has a better coach in Eddie Jordan than what Mo Cheeks was and hopefully they can get along. Also the role players AI has now is substancially better than a lot of the role players or lack thereof that he's had in the past.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:32 pm

Iverson only makes sense if they think they can go deep into the playoffs with his addition. If not, he will only corrupt the young guards already on roster (Lou and Drew). He really is an awful influence for young players, which is why as a young team, I'd be afraid of signing him. Around veterans on a good team, he wouldn't really be a distraction, but I wouldn't want to rick my young players' development by bringing him in. This team does have a future if they can get the right pieces around Young, Williams, and Holiday, and Speights, and even bringing back a team legend isn't worth their development.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:35 pm

I'm not sure on that. I mean John Salmons has stated before that Allen Iverson had a impactful influence on Salmons early career. AI is under contract for a year and 3 mill for his services isn't much of a risk. They are 5-12 and need to do something to even make the playoffs, so there is more rward in signing AI than risk. Plus, it makes Ed Snider and Philly save face with themselves over the way AI was ran out of town the way that he was.

Last edited by TonyEM on Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:35 pm

If Iverson comes back he should definately have the #3

Thaddeus Young is a pretty darn good player. Saw him play since he was a Freshman in his only season at Georgia Tech.

Has a good jumpshot,and good ball handling ability for a big man. Is a pretty good rebounder as well. Just needs more aggression at times
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 2:45 pm

Agreed KONJ. Plus, I don't even think AI's "retirement" was a "retirement" he's not retired. I mean what it was, was more of a job pitch than retirement. I mean think about it, who says that "I have a lot of basketball left in me and I can still play at a high level. I know I can!", when they are about to retire?

Normally, speaking when someone is about to retire they know the end is near and they can't cut it and come to grips with it and can barely be 1/2 of what they once were with consistency if they decided to play.

This is comparible to MJ the after his last championship he may have thought then that his career was over, but when he went into management and was asked if he had basketball left inside of him he didn't say anything but yes I do I have a hell of a lot and went out and showed it in his comeback. The only difference is that MJ initially thought he was retired and just missed playing he could have stayed retired cause he accomplished everything there was to accomplish. AI never even retired he just made public his job pitch and wanted the NBA to feel a sense of lose after he had been "disrespected" all summer to show what it would be like the day he finally does retire. He is coming back because he has accomplished everything, but a ring. That is why he made a job pitch. This year can be Philly and they can either surround championship caliber talent around him this time or the way AI plays this season in Philly can result in him signing for a title contender the next season.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 4:34 pm

V wrote:
young reminds me ALOT of antawn jamison

He's actually great player who needs to be more physical. scratch I don't have anyone in mind to compare him expect Aldridge
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:28 pm

thad young dosent even wear #3 ... he wears #21 you gotta know your shit man!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! EmptyMon Nov 30, 2009 11:29 pm

he doesnt look to hot today hahahaha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!   Thad Young is pretty damn good!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Thad Young is pretty damn good!!!
Page 1 of 1