Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Kevin Durant?

Go down 
+9
Saeed
Chosen One
Chris
FC
Abdu
Raza
Fox News
cbi
Muhammad
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Muhammad
College Baller
College Baller
Muhammad

Male Posts : 20

Kevin Durant? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:39 pm

First topic message reminder :

What's all the hype about him for? He's only a larger version of Ray Allen on offense, and on defense/rebounding he's mediocre like David Lee.

Kevin Durant is Top 10, but he is not Top 5.

1. LeBron James
2. Dwayne Wade
3. Kobe Bryant
4. Chris Paul
5. Dwight Howard

Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:34 pm

you thought i was serious?
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:37 pm

lol i was talking to the new guy not yu lol

i knew yu were joking the second you said sux
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:44 pm

LMAO

I need a new catchphrase for my troll side Razz
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 pm

KD35 wrote:
lol i was talking to the new guy not yu lol

i knew yu were joking the second you said sux
you're slow Razz
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:49 pm

Muhammad wrote:
Raza wrote:
he sux ur right lol

At least you aren't falling for this crap.

Kevin Durant is nothing more than a big ass Ray Allen. Ron Artest SHUT HIM DOWN last post-season because all he could do was shoot, while it was PRESENT he wasn't a good defender nor passer.

Matter of fact, he reminds me a lot of Ray Allen AND Carmelo Anthony.
uh...durant also held kobe to a horrific shooting performance.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:51 pm

FC wrote:
J.B wrote:
ray allen and RIP are shooters...KD is a scorer. your dumb as a pile of mini-water balloons. Kevin is the 2nd best scorer. One of the better rebounding SF. Is a 90% ft shooter (only way he resembles ray allen). and is a solid defender. how you could put CP3 or dwight in front of him is beyond me. Too me he's even better than dwayne wade. And "kevin durant "rarely" creates for himself" Is probably the most retarded thing iv'e ever heard in my life...so who creates for him? and he averages 3 topg...thats really not even that bad.

durant better than wade confused
Yes. you know somthing i hate about you? you''ll be quick to say something but then yu never follow up on your post...its really annoying.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

Male Posts : 2595

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm

Durant is a top 5 player in the league, I'll give him that. But he is quickly being overrated by people because of scoring numbers and hype. He is He is 1 dimensional. When people start putting him as a top 2-3 player they are starting to overrate him. He is 1 dimensional and if you take scoring away from him, what else does he do? Nothing.

There is no other part of the game he can dominate, and unlike Odom or LeBron, there is no other way he impacts the offense unless he puts the ball in the basket himself. He scores great but he doesn't make people better or create for others off the dribble and pass. He scores and scores, and scores with no other area he can dominate.

He isn't better than Odom, LeBron, Kobe, or Wade, because they all make people better besides scoring. People get too caught up in the hype so quickly and look at scoring numbers and forget how one dimensional the guy is. He for sure went from under, to overrated. He is a wing player and take a look at his assists numbers compared to others on the wing.

Durant: 2.7 assists
Wade: 6.7 assists
Kobe: 5.1 assists
LeBron: 8.6 assists

And no it isn't because he has too score a bunch for the team, he isn't a creator for others off the dribble and he is so 1 dimensional. Even his offensive game in itself is 1 dimensional. He either shoots off the dribble, or drives but isn't that great at driving like Wade, Kobe, or LeBron and mostly takes a floater if you cut him off.

Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 9:34 pm

And I didn't even mention his turrible defense...
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:32 am

LOL as soon as I read unlike Odom or LeBron I stopped reading.

Really? Comparing Odom to Durant?

Out of all people, it would be you to say that.

John isn't even stupid enough to do it.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:41 am

Wade's PG: Chalmers
Kobe's PG: Fisher
LeBron's PG: Mo (As of last year)
Durant's PG: WESTBROOK

How could you say his offense is 1 dimensional?
He's a great shooter from anywhere, a great driver, good pull-up, good finisher. LeBron, Wade, and Kobe; none of them are able to do all that.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 10:34 am

Abduls some shit
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 11:47 am

He\s top 5

He's not 1 sided anymore.I watched him at Fiba 2010 and i saw that he can do many things besides scoring
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:17 pm

J.B wrote:
Abduls some shit

STFU! Kevin Durant? - Page 2 207638
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Do Work wrote:

He's a great shooter from anywhere, a great driver, good pull-up, good finisher. LeBron, Wade, and Kobe; none of them are able to do all that.

Your point? There is no other way he impacts the offense unless he puts the ball in the basket himself.... If he isn't scoring then he aint shit on offense... Someone like Odom does not have to score to useful on offense. He plays with a guy who has the ball in his hands alot in Kobe and can still create for others, so Durant playing with a good pg is no excuse...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm

When there's somebody on your team with much better handles, who is much faster, and is a much better passer, why should you have to distribute the ball? Paul Pierce does not average a lot of assists, so why is he never criticized for not doing anything on offense except score? Because there's already somebody setting up other men to score, Rondo in Pierce's case and Westbrook in Durant's. When Kevin Durant gets the ball on offense, his coaches are looking for him to score, and he excels at it.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:34 pm

Paul Pierce is a good passer/playmaker.. I don't know why you even brought him up. I'm not saying Durant should be the primary playmaker for his team, but he should be able to create for others when he can't score. He is just so 1 sided, he needs to learn how to do things like drive and kick it out to the open man( okc doesn't have shooters, but still...), pass out of the double team, ect..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 3:52 pm

Durant 3.8apg-3.0topg pierce 3.1 apg-2.3 topg. Scoring is playmaking. If you didnt know. And why would he drive and kick it out if he can drive and end up with 47% fg's?

You suck at arguing,abdul.
Back to top Go down
Abdu
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Abdu

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:07 pm

When has Durant averaged 3.8 apg???
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:48 pm

Aв∂υℓ wrote:
Paul Pierce is a good passer/playmaker.. I don't know why you even brought him up. I'm not saying Durant should be the primary playmaker for his team, but he should be able to create for others when he can't score. He is just so 1 sided, he needs to learn how to do things like drive and kick it out to the open man( okc doesn't have shooters, but still...), pass out of the double team, ect..

Yeah...he struggles about once every 30 or so games. He needs to develop a passing game so the one night he is off, out of the entire 82 game season he can pass it out to the Thunder's SPECTACULAR shooters. You know...Harden...the rookie....Westbrook..who shoots under 30% from the 3-point line...Green who is the most inconsistent player in the NBA....Nick Collison who has hands made of stone....Thabo..who is offensively inept.

BTW...whocares ie his assist numbers aren't high? He creates a bunch of open shots for teammates. Even without the ball this guy gets double teamed at times. Not having a lot of assists does not mean you don't creat plays for your teammates. BTW...why would he want to pass out of those when he makes it in 47% of the time? Makes no sense passing the ball to some pretty offensively inept players(other than Westbrook,sometimes Green)
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 pm

That's why they got DaeQuan and MoPete now Very Happy
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Aв∂υℓ wrote:
Do Work wrote:

Your point? There is no other way he impacts the offense unless he puts the ball in the basket himself.... If he isn't scoring then he aint shit on offense... Someone like Odom does not have to score to useful on offense. He plays with a guy who has the ball in his hands alot in Kobe and can still create for others, so Durant playing with a good pg is no excuse...

Dude, their have been a bunch of times that he has been double teamed without the damn ball. Guess what that means..a teammate is OPEN. IF he isn't scoring he isn't shit on offense...but when is he NOT scoring This guy RARELY has off games and if he does its usually against very oslid defenders. Not to bash on the Thunder but we're an absolutely TERRIBLE scoring team. Why should Durant even bother to pass it when 1. Westbrook is the PRIMARY ballhandler and 2. Other than Westbrook no one on the Thunder can generate offense. Green is inconsistent. Soemtimes, when Durant isn't playing the Thunder have to run Westbrook-Kristic plays too get the offense running again because as I have said before..the Thunder offense sucks. Durant has no need to pass the ball hwne he is one of the best scorers on the planet. More efficient than everyone. Arguably a top 5 shooter in the NBA. Grabs some offensive rebounds, frees up teammates due to double/triple teams,etc.

Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 4:58 pm

Yeah Ryan. Cook has looked pretty darn goodfrom the 3 point line. Hopefully he got hisstroke back since he wasn't great last year year. Mo-Pete can knock it down as well. Harden could becomem an even better 3-point shooter. Westbrook/thabo/Green shouldn't shoot 3's....ever.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:05 pm

Aв∂υℓ wrote:
When has Durant averaged 3.8 apg???
You know i meant 2.8....y so dum?
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:18 pm

KD35 wrote:
You know...Harden...the rookie....Westbrook..who shoots under 30% from the 3-point line...Green who is the most inconsistent player in the NBA....Nick Collison who has hands made of stone....Thabo..who is offensively inept.
LMFAO. This is funny. How the descriptions change.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 5:22 pm

Chris wrote:
KD35 wrote:
You know...Harden...the rookie....Westbrook..who shoots under 30% from the 3-point line...Green who is the most inconsistent player in the NBA....Nick Collison who has hands made of stone....Thabo..who is offensively inept.
LMFAO. This is funny. How the descriptions change.

LOL

Yeah Dwayne, that's tough...you praise the Thunder so much but now you're changing everything to make it fit your argument.

Bad boy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kevin Durant?   Kevin Durant? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Kevin Durant?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next