Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?

Go down 
+8
Justin
BNB
Raza
Darko
No Longer DEAD
Steve
Blaze
J
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Magic Johnson
who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_lcap47%who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_rcap
 47% [ 8 ]
Bill Russell
who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_lcap29%who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
Kareem Abdul Jabbar
who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_lcap18%who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Wilt Chamberlin
who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_lcap0%who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Larry Bird
who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_lcap6%who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage

who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Empty
PostSubject: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:36 pm

Vote on the poll choose one of the options you have on the poll explain your choice also
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 1:51 pm

I vote MJ.

Magic Johnson. I've always thought he wasn't far behind Jordan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:00 pm

J wrote:
I vote MJ.

Magic Johnson. I've always thought he wasn't far behind Jordan.

Yeah i agree and you can make a case Magic is the GOAT

Did you get to see Jordan play? i got to see him play in the mid 90s

I have seen some tape of Magic my dad has recoorded lots of playoff footage of him
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:01 pm

I'm only 16. I didn't understand what I was watching.

I started rellay getting into basketball around 2000.
Back to top Go down
Blaze
College Baller
College Baller
Blaze

Male Posts : 133

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:01 pm

Kareem .... 2nd on MY all time list (GOAT candidate)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:04 pm

Blaze wrote:

good pick i think hes the best center of all time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:06 pm

Blaze wrote:

If you think its kareem vote him on the poll
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:06 pm

I think it is Bill Russell, even without my Celtics bias. The guy has 11 rings, completely dominating his era. Sure he had good teammates, but so did Magic, Bird, Kareem, and Wilt when he was with LA. What separates Russell is that he was the best LEADER of all-time along with being a great player. I consider him the best defensive player ever as well.

Its obviously arguable, but with leadership, defense, and winning counting in this, it has to be Russell IMO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:08 pm

This is kind of a loaded question, since I believe that Magic is the GOAT and he is not behind Jordan in this catagory IMO. I got to watch both of them play in their respective era's and Magic had the size and ability to play all 5 positions (and did when called upon) He revolutionized the game of basketball way before Jordan came into the league.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:26 pm

But when MJ came in he revolutionized the game in ways no one else will ever do again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:37 pm

Kobe....soon to be #1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:38 pm

Old School wrote:
This is kind of a loaded question, since I believe that Magic is the GOAT and he is not behind Jordan in this catagory IMO. I got to watch both of them play in their respective era's and Magic had the size and ability to play all 5 positions (and did when called upon) He revolutionized the game of basketball way before Jordan came into the league.

THIS....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:02 pm

Ya, ya... A Wolf...I am fimiliar with you from YA and your opinion means nothing to me. I was actually watching basketball with an understanding of the game in the 90's. Jordan could have lead the Bulls without Pippen. He also had Grant, Armstrong, Rodman,Harper, Cartwright, Kukoc, Hodges, Kerr, Paxson, Purdue, Longley. Yes Pippen was integral, but Jordan was the Engine that ran the train. How did the Bulls do while Jordan was playing Baseball? Barely made the Playoffs. And how did they do after his return to Basketball? 3 more Championships
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:06 pm

AlphaWolf wrote:
Kobe....soon to be #1

Kobe will never be #1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:09 pm

Khai wrote:

"But when MJ came in he revolutionized the game in ways no one else will ever do again."

Disagreed....George Miken revolutionized the game in the 50's....Russell and Chamberlain revolutionized the game in the 60's...Dr. J in the 70's...Magic and Bird brought on a whole new generation of fans in the 80's, MJ carrried the tourch through the 90's...If you were not old enough to remember all of this, your only placing your opinion on what you have been told. Personally I witnessed most of it first hand. I watched all of them (except Miken) play with my own eyes. IMO, Jordan was great... Magic was better
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm going with Magic Johnson. He could do everything. He could play PG, SG, SF, PF, and C. It's a shame his career got cut short, he could had a great career (greater than it already is)
Back to top Go down
Blaze
College Baller
College Baller
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:11 pm

Old School wrote:
Ya, ya... A Wolf...I am fimiliar with you from YA and your opinion means nothing to me. I was actually watching basketball with an understanding of the game in the 90's. Jordan could have lead the Bulls without Pippen. He also had Grant, Armstrong, Rodman,Harper, Cartwright, Kukoc, Hodges, Kerr, Paxson, Purdue, Longley. Yes Pippen was integral, but Jordan was the Engine that ran the train. How did the Bulls do while Jordan was playing Baseball? Barely made the Playoffs. And how did they do after his return to Basketball? 3 more Championships

The funny thing is that he dosen't even like or respect Scottie's game, it's just part of there agenda. If you were to say Pippen>Kobe then he would switch up and all of a sudden.... and say Scottie was a scrub who rode Jordan's coat-tails to 6 rings.

It's just selective belief whatever fits his misguided argument is what he will use. No matter how asinine or nonsensical.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

My vote goes to Bill Russell

This guy made reputation on the defensive end,he made this 'without defense you are nobdy and you can't win anything'.This guy completly dominated in the 13 years he played.Russell is the best defensive player,best winner and greatest shot blocker vy far in basektball's history.He was pure winner,he never played for stats,he played to win which was awsome thing

He's overshowed from MJ no doubt here.I believe he's better then both Kareem and Magic but they aren't far as well.Russell was great rebounder,big man passer and solid scorer.He's a winner in his DNA.Plus no one else won 11 rings besides him....

Check this acomplishments

-11 rings
-5x MVP
-1x Finals MVP
-4x league leader in rebounding
-2x Olympic Gold Medal Winner
-2x NCAA champion
-one of the couple players in the NCAA's History to averge 20/20 in 2 things.He averged 20,7 PPG,20,3 RPG in his NCAA career.The rebounding NCAA averge belonds in Top 3 of all time
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Old School wrote:
Khai wrote:

"But when MJ came in he revolutionized the game in ways no one else will ever do again."

Disagreed....George Miken revolutionized the game in the 50's....Russell and Chamberlain revolutionized the game in the 60's...Dr. J in the 70's...Magic and Bird brought on a whole new generation of fans in the 80's, MJ carrried the tourch through the 90's...If you were not old enough to remember all of this, your only placing your opinion on what you have been told. Personally I witnessed most of it first hand. I watched all of them (except Miken) play with my own eyes. IMO, Jordan was great... Magic was better

Exactly. It's your opinion. Other people your age would say Jordan is better. Some would say Kareem was better then both.

It's a never ending argument
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:13 pm

Old School wrote:
Khai wrote:

Magic was superb great but Jordan is better

Kareem is better then Magic,Russell is better then Magic.Russell is better then Kareem but Jordan>Everyone
Back to top Go down
Blaze
College Baller
College Baller
Blaze

Old School wrote:
Khai wrote:

who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Nbatorch

that is how it goes imo Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:14 pm

Blaze wrote:

Lebron James is in your top 5?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:14 pm

RƠƇҠ ƠƝ wrote:
Old School wrote:
Khai wrote:

Exactly. It's your opinion. Other people your age would say Jordan is better. Some would say Kareem was better then both.

It's a never ending argument

Kareem is Top 3,#3 in my opinion but we users need to know that he had the best acomplishments by far.Kareem>Magic
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:15 pm

Blaze,you make good points
Back to top Go down
Blaze
College Baller
College Baller
Blaze

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:16 pm

Raza wrote:
Blaze wrote:

Lebron James is in your top 5?

No that's the 'NBA tourch' from the 60's-today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan?   who is the second greatest player of all time behind Michael Jordan? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next