Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History

Go down 
+6
Tar Heel
YS
Straight Edge Bluntness
Raza
Saeed
Error
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

Male Posts : 185

Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History Empty
PostSubject: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:36 am

When LeBron James will only be 25 next yr and is already better than his overall statistically?
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:37 am

LeBron James doesn't come close to Michael Jordan toe's.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:39 am

K B S K wrote:

Which is why LeBron James changed the future of the NBA and without him in the Cleveland Cavaliers they're a lottery team. While Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman were handing Michael Jordan NBA championships. Shut up you fucking nigger. LeBron James carried his team to the 07 finals and singlehandedly defeated the Pistons (Best team back then).
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:42 am

Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:

Which is why LeBron James changed the future of the NBA and without him in the Cleveland Cavaliers they're a lottery team. While Scottie Pippen and Dennis Rodman were handing Michael Jordan NBA championships. Shut up you fucking nigger. LeBron James carried his team to the 07 finals and singlehandedly defeated the Pistons (Best team back then).

LMFAO. Please tell me the definition of the word you just called me.

Doesn't matter where you lead them, bud. The best thing you can do is win. Reguardless of who was around you, winning was winning. 6 Finals MVP's and 5 Regular Season MVP's just cancels out every award LeBron's won in his career. Plain and simple.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:45 am

K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:

Doesn't matter where you lead them, bud. The best thing you can do is win. Reguardless of who was around you, winning was winning. 6 Finals MVP's and 5 Regular Season MVP's just cancels out every award LeBron's won in his career. Plain and simple.

Nigger = Slave = You to David Stern and Michael Jordan.

Wow, are you saying that Robert Horry is better than Michael Jordan then? Give King James the supporting cast Michael Jordan had back then, and I swear LeBron James would have dominated.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:45 am

You're right. Lebron James is the best basketball player in NBA history. Who is Michael Jordan? He has so many rings and Finals MVPs that Jordan just can't touch him...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:47 am

Raza wrote:
You're right. Lebron James is the best basketball player in NBA history. Who is Michael Jordan? He has so many rings and Finals MVPs that Jordan just can't touch him...

You're retarded. If you're talking ring-wise then Bill Russel is the best NBA player. But, LeBron James is the best basketball player when compared to Michael Air Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:49 am

Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:

Wow, are you saying that Robert Horry is better than Michael Jordan then? Give King James the supporting cast Michael Jordan had back then, and I swear LeBron James would have dominated.

LOL. That's nice.

No. It's balanced out with skill too. And I don't see LeBron's skill close to Jordan's at all. Defensively, MJ was shut down. If MJ played today, he would single-handedly hold NBA superstars to 10-18 Pt games. Offensively, Jordan was the better leader.

Give Jordan the opponents LeBron has today, and I swear Michael Jordan would dominate.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:50 am

K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:

LOL. That's nice.

No. It's balanced out with skill too. And I don't see LeBron's skill close to Jordan's at all. Defensively, MJ was shut down. If MJ played today, he would single-handedly hold NBA superstars to 10-18 Pt games. Offensively, Jordan was the better leader.

Give Jordan the opponents LeBron has today, and I swear Michael Jordan would dominate.

Very Happy

Are you fucking serious? The 90s would get crushed by the 00 defensively. LeBron James skill isn't as good as Jordan's, but his overall game is the best in the league today and arguably in History. Name me a guy who can give you 30/8/8 a NIGHT and is a triple-double MACHINE?
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:53 am

Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:

LOL. That's nice.

Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History Icon_biggrin

Are you fucking serious? The 90s would get crushed by the 00 defensively. LeBron James skill isn't as good as Jordan's, but his overall game is the best in the league today and arguably in History. Name me a guy who can give you 30/8/8 a NIGHT and is a triple-double MACHINE?

Todays Defensive Stars:
Dwight Howard
Ron Artest

90's Defensive Stars:
Alonzo Mourning
Hakeem Olajuwon
Scottie Pippen
Charles Barkley
Dikembe Mutumbo
Gary Payton
Patrick Ewing

just to name a few..
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:54 am

Error wrote:
Raza wrote:

You're retarded. If you're talking ring-wise then Bill Russel is the best NBA player. But, LeBron James is the best basketball player when compared to Michael Air Jordan.

Ok, let's talk stats if you want...

Lebron: 28 PPG, 7 APG, 7 RPG, 47% FG, 32% 3P, 74% FT
Jordan: 30 PPG, 6 APG, 5 RPG, 50% FG, 33% 3P, 84% FT

Jordan has two points on Lebron, and only one assist and two rebounds (but Lebron is also taller than Jordan was). Jordan shot better in every shooting category.

Oh, say hello to Michael Jordan's career accomplishments:
6× NBA Champion (1991–1993, 1996–1998)
5× NBA Most Valuable Player (1988, 1991-1992, 1996, 1998)
14× NBA All-Star (1985–1993, 1996–1998, 2002–2003)
6× NBA Finals MVP (1991–1993, 1996–1998)
NBA Defensive Player of the Year (1988)
10× All-NBA First Team (1987–1993, 1996–1998)
All-NBA Second Team (1985)
9× NBA All-Defensive First Team (1988–1993, 1996–1998)
NBA Rookie of the Year (1985)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (1985)
3× NBA All-Star Game MVP (1988, 1996, 1998)
2× NBA Slam Dunk Contest winner (1987–1988)
2× Gold Medal Winner in the Olympics (1984, 1992)
NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
NCAA Men's Basketball Champion (1982)
2× Consensus NCAA All-American First Team (1983, 1984)
1982 ACC Freshman of the Year
ACC Men's Basketball Player of the Year (1984)
USBWA College Player of the Year (1984)
Naismith College Player of the Year (1984)
John R. Wooden Award (1984)
Adolph Rupp Trophy (1984)
1991 Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year
2000 ESPY Athlete of the Century
1990s ESPY Male Athlete Decade Award
1990s ESPY Pro Basketballer Decade Award

And here are Lebron's...:
2× NBA Most Valuable Player (2009–2010)
NBA Rookie of the Year (2004)
6× NBA All-Star (2005–2010)
NBA Scoring Champion (2008)
4× All-NBA First Team (2006, 2008–2010)
2× All-NBA Second Team (2005, 2007)
2× All-Defensive First Team (2009–2010)
NBA All-Rookie First Team (2004)
2× NBA All-Star Game MVP (2006, 2008)
Naismith Prep Player of the Year (2003)
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 12:55 am

Who are the best perimeter defenders in the NBA today?

Artest...Kobe...Tayshaun Prince?
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:02 am

Error, if you are making claims that Lebron > Jordan, then wouldn't that make YOU a slave to Stern's marketing strategy to hype up Lebron as much as possible?

and btw, explain why you think Lebron is better than Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:03 am

SRF: Believe wrote:
Error, if you are making claims that Lebron > Jordan, then wouldn't that make YOU a slave to Stern's marketing strategy to hype up Lebron as much as possible?

because shaq averaged 13/3
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:06 am

K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:
Error wrote:
K B S K wrote:

LOL. That's nice.

Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History Icon_biggrin

Todays Defensive Stars:
Dwight Howard
Ron Artest

90's Defensive Stars:
Alonzo Mourning
Hakeem Olajuwon
Scottie Pippen
Charles Barkley
Dikembe Mutumbo
Gary Payton
Patrick Ewing

just to name a few..

Retard, you only named the ones you know.

00s Defensive Stars.
Dwight Howard
Ron Artest
Tim Duncan
Kobe Bryant
Ben Wallace
Jason Kidd
Kevin Garnett
Bruce Bowen
Shane Battie

Fucking retard.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:07 am

I don't get why people call Lebron a triple double machine...
He only had around 11 triple doubles last year....not really a "machine"

(Not hating on Lebron....I'm just saying)
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:08 am

Raza wrote:
SRF: Believe wrote:

because shaq averaged 13/3

David Stern doesn't have to force me to believe LeBron is better than Jordan, I did my own research.

LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan because King James in the best decade "00s" averages 30/8/8 and took his team to the finals in 07. Theirs more reasons too.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:09 am

Yeah....but Lebron still has to win a ring...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:10 am

YS wrote:
I don't get why people call Lebron a triple double machine...
He only had around 11 triple doubles last year....not really a "machine"

(Not hating on Lebron....I'm just saying)

Michael Jordan career triple--doubles - 30
LeBron James career triple--doubles - 26
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:11 am

Nobody really is a triple double machine...To be a machine at something, you have to do it for most of the year. The highest triple double count in one season in NBA history belongs to Oscar Robertson, who did it in 41, which is only half the games...
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:11 am

YS wrote:

Wow, an NBA championship is a TEAM accomplishment. LeBron James carried his team with no all-stars to the finals in 07. He's the best.
Back to top Go down
Error
College Baller
College Baller
Error

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:12 am

Raza wrote:
Nobody really is a triple double machine...To be a machine at something, you have to do it for most of the year. The highest triple double count in one season in NBA history belongs to Oscar Robertson, who did it in 41, which is only half the games...
\

LeBron James averages close to a triple--double. LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:12 am

Error wrote:
Michael Jordan career triple--doubles - 30
LeBron James career triple--doubles - 26

Jason Kidd career triple--doubles - 105

What do triple doubles have to do with the best players in NBA history? Because Kidd is far from it...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:14 am

Error wrote:
YS wrote:

Wow, an NBA championship is a TEAM accomplishment. LeBron James carried his team with no all-stars to the finals in 07. He's the best.

OK? That makes him a great player...
AI carried a bunch of scrubs to the finals too....dumbass
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 1:14 am

Error wrote:
Raza wrote:
\

LeBron James averages close to a triple--double. LeBron James is better than Michael Jordan.

Oscar Robertson has better stats than Lebron
Magic has better stats than Lebron.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History   Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History Empty

Back to top Go down

Why is Michael Jordan the best Basketball player in History
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next