Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?

Go down 
+13
BNB
No Longer DEAD
Killer Bee
brownie13
cbi
YS
Darko
Chris
Rush
Fox News
Abdu
KD35
John14
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Can kevin durant be goat?
1.yes
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 7 ]
2.no
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
3.fuck no
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
4.fuck yaah
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
5.are you on crack
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
6.fuck you
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap13%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 13% [ 2 ]
7.your awsome
 13% [ 2 ]
8.who are you
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap5%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
9.yes
Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
10.no
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 7:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

what do you thing???

because

he`s 21 years old..averaging about 30 pointa and 7 rebounds..

and he has a decent team witch can be number 1 spot in the standings...

he needs to improve his passing but he is a 21 year old basketball freak with a great freak opinions?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:30 pm

Chris wrote:
Hello wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nop.

To be the G.O.A.T you need Rings and Individual Awards.
To win Rings you need to win Championships.
To win Championships you have to beat the Miami Thrice all in their primes :/

Come on.

Durant is nearly insured an MVP award for atleaast two seasons barring injury unless someone from the Heat has really good stats. The Thunder are also very capable of winning a championship. The Miami Thrice in their prime. You also have Kevin Durant and Westbrook in their near prime. Westbrook would rape Chalmers and Arroyo over and over again while Durant can hold his ground with LeBron. Thabo is the Wade-stopper. If Green stays than we have a solid frontline to play against the the Heat's frontcourt. You know. Bosh. Ibaka has shown a lot of potential and Green play solid defense.

I'm not saying its probable but all these things are possible and I don't think its that easy to say a simple nope. After the Lakers hopefully FINALLY ie out for a couple eyars the Thunder should be the best team in the West.
1st of, we have to see what Durant is capable of. Like YS said, none knows what's gonna happen. Then Westbrook hasn't proved anything yet.
On the other side you got 2 HOF's (Wade, Lebron both 98% probability) and Bosh. No comparison i can say. Not to mention that Miami will be getting better year after year, same for OKC tho.

What KD is capable of...I don't get it. He's capable of 30/8 every night. Westbrook hasn't proved much yet but oyu cannot deny the talent. The kid has all the althetisicm is the world. He plays solid defense. He is one of the best rebounding guard in the league and he is ever improving. Getting 8 APG now. Develop a more consistent 3-pointer and lessen the turnovers and that's a top 5 PG in the NBA not to mention how much balls the Miami PG"s suck. KD is practically on LeBron's level already. LeBron has assists on him which is pretty much it. KD doesn't need assists since he has Westbrook. Thabo is one of the best defensive guards in the NBA who has really hassled Wade at times. Also, we are yet to see what the Heat are capable of as a team if you wanna go that way. I think the comparison is much more valid that you think it is.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:33 pm

no way that i'd say anything more than the tiniest chance. its hard to be a great player for you're whole career.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:42 pm

Hello wrote:
Chris wrote:
Hello wrote:
Chris wrote:
Nop.

To be the G.O.A.T you need Rings and Individual Awards.
To win Rings you need to win Championships.
To win Championships you have to beat the Miami Thrice all in their primes :/

Come on.

Durant is nearly insured an MVP award for atleaast two seasons barring injury unless someone from the Heat has really good stats. The Thunder are also very capable of winning a championship. The Miami Thrice in their prime. You also have Kevin Durant and Westbrook in their near prime. Westbrook would rape Chalmers and Arroyo over and over again while Durant can hold his ground with LeBron. Thabo is the Wade-stopper. If Green stays than we have a solid frontline to play against the the Heat's frontcourt. You know. Bosh. Ibaka has shown a lot of potential and Green play solid defense.

I'm not saying its probable but all these things are possible and I don't think its that easy to say a simple nope. After the Lakers hopefully FINALLY ie out for a couple eyars the Thunder should be the best team in the West.
1st of, we have to see what Durant is capable of. Like YS said, none knows what's gonna happen. Then Westbrook hasn't proved anything yet.
On the other side you got 2 HOF's (Wade, Lebron both 98% probability) and Bosh. No comparison i can say. Not to mention that Miami will be getting better year after year, same for OKC tho.

What KD is capable of...I don't get it. He's capable of 30/8 every night. Westbrook hasn't proved much yet but oyu cannot deny the talent. The kid has all the althetisicm is the world. He plays solid defense. He is one of the best rebounding guard in the league and he is ever improving. Getting 8 APG now. Develop a more consistent 3-pointer and lessen the turnovers and that's a top 5 PG in the NBA not to mention how much balls the Miami PG"s suck. KD is practically on LeBron's level already. LeBron has assists on him which is pretty much it. KD doesn't need assists since he has Westbrook. Thabo is one of the best defensive guards in the NBA who has really hassled Wade at times. Also, we are yet to see what the Heat are capable of as a team if you wanna go that way. I think the comparison is much more valid that you think it is.
I mean he's been in the league for only 3 years. We've seen many times players getting hurt, we've seen many times guys getting the contract and getting way too comfortable, we've seen many times guys doing shit off-court and ruining their careers. That's what i meant. While Lebron for ex. is in the league for good 7 years and we know pretty much that his career will go that way. And heck no, he's not in Lebrons level. Lebron took a bunch of scrubs to the Finals, got 2 MVP's Durant hasn't done anything like that.

And i can't comment on Westbrook, because I'm not a prophet. He has talent right, but i just can't predict. Like i never predict for any of my fav player's, unless m j/king.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:47 pm

The Miami Thrice vs. OKC Thunder:

Westbrook and Maynor vs. Chalmers and Arroyo.

Seriously?

Thabo Sefolasha vs. Dwyane Wade

24/4/6/4/3/3 10/21
22/6/7/4/2/6 6/19

23/5/7//4/2.5 w/ 4.5 turnovers.
On 45% shooting.

This is not to mention that the game Wade got 24/4/6/4/3/3 on 10/21 shooting Thabo only played 21 minutes a game due to Harden's offense.

Thabo gets about 6 boards and 3 steals against the Heat. Who cares about his offense? Its his D that matters.

Wade is obviously much better but that can REALLY hassle Wade.

Durant-LeBron

Not even looking into stats. Its dead even.

Jeff Green vs. Chris Bosh

Look at the stats yourself. Green does very good against Bosh and also plays solid defense.

The one time Green played against Bosh this past year, he outperformed him. Not to mention Serge Ibaka and his defense and energy and if given the minutes has the potential to give you 10/10.

All the centers are balls but if Ibaka plays center which he should against the Heat he should rape them since he is very athletic and energetic.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:48 pm

I'm not looking at accomplishments and awards that LeBron has and KD doesn't when they play each other they won't be comparing stats. Talent wise and playing wise Kevin Durant is on the same level as LeBron James.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:49 pm

dwayne really...

heat easily. im sorry. but its bosh, lebron, wade, damn good supporting cast..
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:51 pm

warriors easily.

its curry monta lee and the best coach in the nba Cool
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 pm

lol.

REGGIE WILLIAMSSSSSSSS
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:52 pm

Green can hold his own against Bosh...
Durant is just as good as LeBron.
Thabo shuts Wade down whenever he defended him.
Westbrook should rape the Heat PG's.
Ibaka could run circles around Big Z and whoever else they have at center.
Thunder have a very solid bench too..

Just saying. I think the Heat are more beatable than so many other people think. Not to mention, we don't know how they will work out as a team while the Thunder have the best chemistry in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

cbi wrote:
dwayne really...

heat easily. im sorry. but its bosh, lebron, wade, damn good supporting cast..
lol, this was quick n easy, lol.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:53 pm

Hello wrote:

Just saying. I think the Heat are more beatable than so many other people think. Not to mention, we don't know how they will work out as a team while the Thunder have the best chemistry in the NBA.
Bosh will rape greens asshole,Wade fucks thabos throat (didnt shut him down...check the gamelogs) Lebron is bigger,stronger,faster..and better than KD at this point...MM>whoever at sg for thunder...only position you have is PG cuz center is no better in okc than it is in MIA

Last edited by ALI on Sat Sep 11, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:53 pm

No they dont. the lakers have the best chemsitry

thats why they won the championship..

and its bosh, lebron, wade. you shut down one. the other ones will destroy you.
you shut down two. the other one can still hold his own.
you cant shut down all three.

and with all three getting so much attention, thats just gonna leave the shooters wide open.

there not gonna be easy to beat.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:56 pm

cbi wrote:

and with all three getting so much attention, thats just gonna leave the shooters wide open.

The thunder plays are practically brothers off the court. doesnt matter though since the thunder have one of the closest teams in the league in terms of chemistry...so...

Thabo shuts down Wade.
That's one down.
LeBron James and Durant are nearly dead even.
The other one can hold his own..aka Bosh. we have some solid big men who could hold their own against him..

not to mention Westbrook...

Its not easy to beat but its BEATABLE.

Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:56 pm

Hello wrote:

NO
YES
MAYBE
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:57 pm

Dub C wrote:
Hello wrote:

NO
YES
MAYBE

I know its not great too judge off stats and stuff but the one time they played each other this past year Green outperformed Bosh. Green is a very solid defender. I think he can definitely hold his own against Bosh especially with Ibaka helping him out.

Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 8:58 pm

Hello wrote:
cbi wrote:

The thunder plays are practically brothers off the court. doesnt matter though since the thunder have one of the closest teams in the league in terms of chemistry...so...

Thabo shuts down Wade.
That's one down.
LeBron James and Durant are nearly dead even.
The other one can hold his own..aka Bosh. we have some solid big men who could hold their own against him..

not to mention Westbrook...

Its not easy to beat but its BEATABLE.

any team is beatable. these are nba players. its just not gonna be as easy for the thudner as you're making it sound. with wade having lbj and bosh to back him up, thabos not gonna shut him down.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:01 pm

I'm not saying the Thunder are going to easily beat them in any way.Hell, I think the Thunder can beat the Heat maybe twice in a 7 game series. All I'm saying is the way you guys are saying it its as if the Thunder are gonna get buttfucked by the Heat. Seriously. Kd=LeBron. West>PG. Thabo can limit Wade. Thunder big men can hold ground against Bosh. I think we can beat them, not all the time, not a majority of the time, but we CAN beat them and put up a fight in a series...That's all im trying too say lol..
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:02 pm

Hello wrote:
Dub C wrote:
Hello wrote:

NO
YES
MAYBE

I know its not great too judge off stats and stuff but the one time they played each other this past year Green outperformed Bosh. Green is a very solid defender. I think he can definitely hold his own against Bosh especially with Ibaka helping him out.

ibaka not a c, green not a post player so much. he could play well but he wouldn't stop bosh in the post even if he outplayed him overall
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:03 pm

nobody said that.. you brought the thunder into the convo
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:05 pm

ALI wrote:
Hello wrote:

Bosh will rape greens asshole,Wade fucks thabos throat (didnt shut him down...check the gamelogs) Lebron is bigger,stronger,faster..and better than KD at this point...MM>whoever at sg for thunder...only position you have is PG cuz center is no better in okc than it is in MIA

o.o

Yeah talk about gamelog's and ignore that Green got 25/7 to Bosh's 22/10 the game that they played each other.

Talk about gamelogs and ignore the fact the Thabo limited Wade to 6/19 shooting and 6 turnovers. The other game, Harden defended Wade most of the game cuz he was good on offense. Durant is just as good as LeBron. By next year Durant will be dead even with him.

And in your words..Westbrook would rape Arroyo and Chalmers...Hell, Eric Maynor is nearly better than both and he's our backup guard.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:06 pm

CBI, I brought the Thunder into the convo since it involves Durant's accomplishments.

Waddya mean no one said that..

visa practically said the thunder will get raped at nearly every position against miami..
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:07 pm

You brought the thuner into the convo against the heat. thats what im saying.

and thats just visa going bold, like he usually does... nbody else said anything near the thuner will get raped.
i would never say that. I ❤ the thunder
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:08 pm

Hello wrote:
CBI, I brought the Thunder into the convo since it involves Durant's accomplishments.

Waddya mean no one said that..

visa practically said the thunder will get raped at nearly every position against miami..
ok ok..not raped...just molested and sodomized
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 9:11 pm

well i brought the thunder-heat thing cuz well..nearly every1 knows that if no chemistry roblems occur the heat are the fave in the ECF for the next couple years. Since the Thunder should be the best in the West and the Heat best in the East, that's why I compared them really...and that's how KD wins his ring..

Back to top Go down
Killer Bee
College Baller
College Baller
Killer Bee

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 12, 2010 2:10 am

Kevin Durant is nothing more than a 6'11 Ray Allen. Durant has great offensive skills, but his defense is amongst the poorest in the league. He's at the moment a one-sided Basketball player. If he can improve on his defense though, he has a chance at getting mentioned with the G.O.A.T. but I hardly doubt he will be one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?   Can Kevin durant  be G.O.A.T? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Can Kevin durant be G.O.A.T?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next