Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq

Go down 
+11
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
Fox News
Rush
Chosen One
Nick C
Chris
Raza
FC
Tar Heel
John14
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq Empty
PostSubject: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:20 pm

KOBE BEAN BRYANT IS YOUR WINNER

Last edited by john on Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:09 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 pm

DEBATE STARTS!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:28 pm

Shaq has the edge in MVPs (regular season and in the Finals), Kobe has the edge in championships. Slight advantage to Shaq.

But while Shaq is certainly talented/gifted, I never really thought he maximized it. Kobe's done everything he could thanks to his inhuman work ethic. I hear loud things about Shaq hosting a funny/dumb reality TV show over the summer; I read a blurb saying Kobe is working with Hakeem on his post game. I hear about Shaq coming to training camp out of shape; I read about Kobe working with Tim Grover.

But I guess it really boils down to this for me: when I think back to the best NBA players of this era, Kobe will come to mind before Shaq will.

Kobe.

Last edited by CAguyofftoUNC on Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:30 pm

Kobe I agree with CAguy shaq never worked hard enough. He never defended the pick and roll and was usually out of conditioned.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:32 pm

wow..marshall..that makes scence..and i always thought kobe accomplsihed more..but idk..
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:34 pm

Oh gosh...

Shaq is a 4-time NBA Champion, while Kobe is a 5-time NBA Champion. However, Shaq was the leader of his team for 3 of both of their championships, leaving Shaquille O'Neal the leader for 75% of his and 60% of Kobe's. Without each other, Shaq has managed to take a lower role with Dwyane Wade and win. Although Kobe was a little bitch after Shaq left but before Gasol came, he's managed to lead the Lakers to two straight championships. Shaq has been on Phoenix, completely messed up their run n gun, and even helped them miss the playoffs (along with Stoudemire being injured). He went to Cleveland and couldn't help Lebron win it all. Kobe has stayed with the Lakers (even though asking for a trade), and now led them to two titles. I'm giving Kobe the edge on this aspect.

Impact on the game...Shaquille O'Neal is arguably the most dominant player to ever play the game (GTFO Darko with your Wilt/Russell nonsense). He just bullied everybody and was like a giant truck in the paint. He dominated whenever he wanted to, and even averaged 30 PPG, 14 RPG, 3 BPG, and 3 APG in the same season. Never in his career has Shaq shot less than 55% throughout a season. Kobe can take over the game any time he wants. Right now, he is unstoppable in the clutch. However, between Shaq and Gasol, he couldn't lead his team anywhere and decided to ask for trades. You could double Kobe in the clutch and be pretty confident that he was gonna jack up an ugly shot anyways. NOW you see Kobe dishing it off more, but really only in the past 3 years. Shaq gets this one.

Leadership/Being a teammate...Kobe Bryant has been a leader since 2008. Shaq was a leader in Orlando and L.A.. He accepted lesser roles in Miami, Phoenix, Cleveland, and now Boston, realizing that there are better players around him. Yes, Kobe is a great team player now, but between Shaq and Gasol, he was a terrible teammate. He publicly talked trash about his teammates, even saying that Bynum needs to go. Look at Bynum now, he's the future of the Lakers. Kobe didn't even really ever accept the lesser role in L.A. when Shaq was there either. He was still jacking up ugly shots and eventually Shaq had to go so Kobe could flourish. Being a team player and leadership? Shaq.

Impact on history...Shaq is the most dominant player in NBA history. He was just instoppable in his prime. Dwight Howard is very dominant today, but there is no doubt in my mind that a prime Shaquille O'Neal would destroy him. He's left his mark. Kobe Bryant has scored and scored and scored and put so many new moves into his offensive game, along with being an amazing defender. He has been compared to Michael Jordan, the best player in NBA history. When asked who is the best center ever, most people will say Hakeem or Kareem. When asked the best SG, Kobe Bryant's name comes up in some. Impact on history goes to Kobe.

So it's tied 2-2 with all I've said...however I'm going with Shaquille O'Neal. When he was around Kobe's age, he was still putting up well over 20 PPG along with over 10 RPG, while blocking over 2 shots a game. When Kobe hits 35 years old...he's done. Shaquille O'Neal is still putting up good numbers (12/7) while being 38 years old, and could go to 40 years old and average at least 8/5, which is pretty amazing in my opinion. Kobe just can't do that.

My vote is Shaquille O'Neal.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:40 pm

Raza wrote:
Oh gosh...

Shaq is a 4-time NBA Champion, while Kobe is a 5-time NBA Champion. However, Shaq was the leader of his team for 3 of both of their championships, leaving Shaquille O'Neal the leader for 75% of his and 60% of Kobe's. Without each other, Shaq has managed to take a lower role with Dwyane Wade and win. Although Kobe was a little bitch after Shaq left but before Gasol came, he's managed to lead the Lakers to two straight championships. Shaq has been on Phoenix, completely messed up their run n gun, and even helped them miss the playoffs (along with Stoudemire being injured). He went to Cleveland and couldn't help Lebron win it all. Kobe has stayed with the Lakers (even though asking for a trade), and now led them to two titles. I'm giving Kobe the edge on this aspect.

Impact on the game...Shaquille O'Neal is arguably the most dominant player to ever play the game (GTFO Darko with your Wilt/Russell nonsense). He just bullied everybody and was like a giant truck in the paint. He dominated whenever he wanted to, and even averaged 30 PPG, 14 RPG, 3 BPG, and 3 APG in the same season. Never in his career has Shaq shot less than 55% throughout a season. Kobe can take over the game any time he wants. Right now, he is unstoppable in the clutch. However, between Shaq and Gasol, he couldn't lead his team anywhere and decided to ask for trades. You could double Kobe in the clutch and be pretty confident that he was gonna jack up an ugly shot anyways. NOW you see Kobe dishing it off more, but really only in the past 3 years. Shaq gets this one.

Leadership/Being a teammate...Kobe Bryant has been a leader since 2008. Shaq was a leader in Orlando and L.A.. He accepted lesser roles in Miami, Phoenix, Cleveland, and now Boston, realizing that there are better players around him. Yes, Kobe is a great team player now, but between Shaq and Gasol, he was a terrible teammate. He publicly talked trash about his teammates, even saying that Bynum needs to go. Look at Bynum now, he's the future of the Lakers. Kobe didn't even really ever accept the lesser role in L.A. when Shaq was there either. He was still jacking up ugly shots and eventually Shaq had to go so Kobe could flourish. Being a team player and leadership? Shaq.

Impact on history...Shaq is the most dominant player in NBA history. He was just instoppable in his prime. Dwight Howard is very dominant today, but there is no doubt in my mind that a prime Shaquille O'Neal would destroy him. He's left his mark. Kobe Bryant has scored and scored and scored and put so many new moves into his offensive game, along with being an amazing defender. He has been compared to Michael Jordan, the best player in NBA history. When asked who is the best center ever, most people will say Hakeem or Kareem. When asked the best SG, Kobe Bryant's name comes up in some. Impact on history goes to Kobe.

So it's tied 2-2 with all I've said...however I'm going with Shaquille O'Neal. When he was around Kobe's age, he was still putting up well over 20 PPG along with over 10 RPG, while blocking over 2 shots a game. When Kobe hits 35 years old...he's done. Shaquille O'Neal is still putting up good numbers (12/7) while being 38 years old, and could go to 40 years old and average at least 8/5, which is pretty amazing in my opinion. Kobe just can't do that.

My vote is Shaquille O'Neal.

The correct term here is "unstoppable."

A friendly reminder from the RBT Grammar Nazi! Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:41 pm

I always had Shaq ahead of Kobe.

All this before Kobe win his 5th.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:44 pm

so who exactly is your pick?
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:47 pm

Shaq bitched while he was on the lakers...a LOT and kobe worked hard in practice even when his team was terrible. Kobe did accept a lesser role in his rookie year where laker fans were begging him to start. He didn't sit out games to convince his coach to start him. He had weird playing schedules where in the playoffs he played 8 minutes with 2 points in the first 3 quarters. Then was told to play 11 minutes in the fourth quarter, where he scored 17 points.

I would take kobe over shaq as a leader of my team, he might of bitched but he elevated the play of luke walton, parker, and brown to a level that they have not achieved since leaving(in parkers of browns case)
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:48 pm

Scoring: Kobe
Defense: Kobe
Leadership: Kobe
Clutch: Kobe
Teammate: Tie
Dominance: Shaq
Accomplishments: Shaq
Talent: Kobe
Championship runs: Kobe
Better Rapper: Shaq
Better Raper: Ko.... J/K ....sorry...
Hotter wife: Kobe
Hotter new girlfriend: Shaq
Better Shoe: Kobe... but it's only cuase Shaq's were so ugly... However Kobe still loses major points for these guys http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/shoes-kobe-ii.jpg http://www.custom-counter.com/resim.php?resim=http%3A//www.sadida.com/Adidas/Images/Shoes/kobe2_2.jpg&title=%20kobe%20bryant%20adidas%20shoes%20images
Vs: Shaq... never met in the playoffs Sad But in regular season Shaq's teams won.

So......
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:48 pm

In his prime tho shaq was more dominant and this is really close. Neutral

But I chose kobe over shaq mainly because of his 5th ring.
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:49 pm

Nick C wrote:
Better Shoe: Kobe... but it's only cuase Shaq's were so ugly... However Kobe still loses major points for these guys http://lowposts.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/shoes-kobe-ii.jpg http://www.custom-counter.com/resim.php?resim=http%3A//www.sadida.com/Adidas/Images/Shoes/kobe2_2.jpg&title=%20kobe%20bryant%20adidas%20shoes%20images
Vs: Shaq... never met in the playoffs Sad But in regular season Shaq's teams won.

So......

LMAO at kobes shoes lol!
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:50 pm

Chris wrote:
I always had Shaq ahead of Kobe.

All this before Kobe win his 5th.

before his 5th that mean you got kobe..aight kobe it is
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:51 pm

Nick C wrote:

So......

just like ever other time i ask..who is you pick
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:53 pm

FC wrote:
Nick C wrote:

So......

LMAO at kobes shoes lol!

LOL!

OMG those things were hideous... the best thing he did was sign with Nike or else I would've given Shaq the nod.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 pm

who is your pick?
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 pm

Shaq

Sure I might not wanna play him with 2 minutes left but still he is way too good in his prime, only guy that ever slowed him down as maybe Hakeem
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:56 pm

Chosen One wrote:
Shaq

Sure I might not wanna play him with 2 minutes left but still he is way too good in his prime, only guy that ever slowed him down as maybe Hakeem
And David Robinson.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:00 pm

so who is your pick???
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:07 pm

Hmmmm.... Kobe Bryant...
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

[quote="Nick C"][quote="FC"][quote="Nick C"]Scoring: Kobe

kobe won most of the catogories..but idk is he you pick?
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Nick C wrote:
FC wrote:
Nick C wrote:

So......

LMAO at kobes shoes lol!

LOL!

OMG those things were hideous... the best thing he did was sign with Nike or else I would've given Shaq the nod.

I think Nick picked Kobe by a whisker.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:12 pm

OMFG those shoes were hideous
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 8:16 pm

those cant be shoes..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq   Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq Empty

Back to top Go down

Finals!!!Kobe vs shaq
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next