Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Prediction for the West?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
heatfan9
College Baller
College Baller
heatfan9

Male Posts : 55

Prediction for the West? Empty
PostSubject: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:09 pm

What is your predition for the West this season? you can only do the top 8 seeds, but all 15 would be awesome.

1.LA Lakers
2.Dallas Mavs
3.OKC Thunder
4.Denver Nuggets
5.Utah Jazz
6.San Antonio Spurs
7.Portland Trailblazers
8.Pheonix Suns

If Melo moves to the east, then i have the Nuggets at max the 8th seed, or might not even make the playoffs and let the Rockets or Hornets sneek in at the 8th.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 7:11 pm

1. Lakers
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Houston Rockrts
5. Utah Jazz
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Phoenix Suns
Back to top Go down
heatfan9
College Baller
College Baller
heatfan9

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:02 pm

[quote="Infinite"]1. Lakers
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Houston Rockrts
5. Utah Jazz
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Phoenix Suns[/quote]

Nuggets don't make the playoffs? and the Rockets at the 4th seed??? No way are the rockets going to go that high in the West, they would barley make the playoffs. Yao isn't 100% from what I heard....

I understand there is a possiblilty of Melo moving out of Denver, but there not that bad without him.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:07 pm

if you want to quote somebody just hit that qoute button next to the edit button on the top of each post.
Back to top Go down
heatfan9
College Baller
College Baller
heatfan9

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 5:10 pm

Yeah I did that, but it just ends up like that, don't know what going on...
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:09 pm

heatfan9 wrote:
Infinite wrote:
1. Lakers
2. Dallas Mavericks
3. Oklahoma City Thunder
4. Houston Rockrts
5. Utah Jazz
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. San Antonio Spurs
8. Phoenix Suns

Nuggets don't make the playoffs? and the Rockets at the 4th seed??? No way are the rockets going to go that high in the West, they would barley make the playoffs. Yao isn't 100% from what I heard....

I understand there is a possiblilty of Melo moving out of Denver, but there not that bad without him.

Its if Carmelo leaves. Without Melo the Nuggets are a 45 win team at max and the West it a tough place.
I also assumed Yao is fully healthy.

PG: Brooks/Lowry
SG: Martin/Lee
SF: Battier/Budinger
PF: Scola/Patterson
C: Ming/Miller

Brooks is a 18+ PPG scorer. Martin can score 20+ a game and will have more time to adjut to the Rockets. Battier is still a solid defender. Scola can get 15/10 every game. Lee and Lowry are solid backcourt bench players. Patterson is a very solid rookie who fits the Rockets style of play perfectly. Budinger showed lots of potential last season. If Ming can come back atleast 16/10 they will be one of the elite teams. But if Ming isn't healthy than I have Portland at 4, the Jazz at 5. If Carmelo stays for the entire season than the Nuggets are the 4th seed.
I took different things into consideraton with my list.

1. Lakers
2. Mavericks
3. Thunder
4. Nuggets
5. Blazers
6. Jazz
7. Spurs
8. Suns

That's if Yao isn't healthy and Meo stays.....................
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 pm

45 wins can probalby make the playoffs in the west this year. I dont know if the nuggets can get 45 without melo, maybe somwhere in the 42ish(btw i knwo you said 45 max dwayne, just rambling lol.) range. that should probably still be borderline good enough for the playoffs this year
Back to top Go down
heatfan9
College Baller
College Baller
heatfan9

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:15 pm

you do have a good point there the Rockets were 42-20 without Yao Ming, and with him back they could sneak into the playoffs, healthy or not, but I don't think they would rank that high even with Yao Ming healthy.

You also have a good point in the Nuggets, the West is a tough place to get a playoffs spot where every team that made it had 50 games.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:16 pm

Holy shit. I didnt realize the west was still THAT good. It'll be worse this season, but not 8 wins less 8 seed worse Prediction for the West? 5529
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 6:32 pm

1.lakers
2.mavs
3.thunder

the west is very hard but i got the first three..

1.lakers:they have the best player,pau gasol,defending 2 back to back ships,had problems with bench and fixed it.
2.mavs:dirk is good,they got size..not much to say
3.thunder:in a couple of years theyll be the 1 seed,westbrook plus prime durant could be a ship roster...so they could be three and maby two
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 8:27 pm

well let me fe edit that

1.LA Lakers:They got the best player in the league(imo),one of the best bigs (p.g.),defending there back to back ships,and fixed there biggest problem (the bench) they can win (62-65)

2.Dallas mavs:They got a dirk + kidd..they got legnth, they got size,they got jamaican man so they got the second seed

3.Thunder:Durant!..at 21 got 30 points..now maby could get a (32/7/3) and than you add a great young pg like westbrook,and they got a young crew witch is great,in 3-5 years could be number 1.

4.Nuggets:i think melo will stay a season,they got a great coach,still got billups,got a very very deep bench and there good enough to bea elite team and i guess 4 will be good for them.

5.Blazers:got the 3rd best sg in the leage brandon roy,if oden can not get injured he can be good and those two will be a killer combo so i put them 5th on my list.

6.Spurs:there not the same team as they were in there ship run but they have chemistry and no major stars changed so theyll hold together for the sixthe seed

7.Jazz:lost a great big man (boozer)...so they wont be as good (imo)..but they got a great team,great coach and a very good young pg witch could be argued as the best team in the league

8.Houston:got yao ming back he wont be 100 % but still will be good and they got a great crew and i think they can make it back into the playoffs

8*.i think the hornets can make it back to the playoffs,,i dont see why not,cp3 will be back (im not sure)..and i think they can make it as the 8th seed..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prediction for the West?   Prediction for the West? Empty

Back to top Go down

Prediction for the West?
Page 1 of 1