Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?

Go down 
+15
Janet
Raza
FC
Fox News
Abdu
KD35
John14
Nick C
Maximus
Tar Heel
cbi
Darko
Chris
Saeed
Stefan
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Smile
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:10 pm

Raza wrote:
Derek Fisher:
0.4 second game winning shot vs. Spurs in the playoffs. This play will never be forgotten as long as the NBA remains
Forced Baron Davis to turn the ball over with 27 seconds left in a playoff game vs. Golden State (when he was with Utah). The Jazz forced the game into overtime, where he hit the dagger three pointer with 1 minute left
Three pointer against Orlando in the NBA Finals right in Jameer Nelson's face with like 5 seconds left to force it into overtime, where he hit a three pointer with 30 seconds left to ice the Laker victory
Hit a three pointer in Kyle Korver's face against Utah with under 30 seconds left to help the Lakers go up 3-0 vs. the Jazz
Hit a 3 on 1 and1 layup against the Celtics in the NBA Finals to put the game away for the Lakers to go up 2-1
Regular season
Hit a clutch three pointer with 15 seconds left vs. New Orleans to send the game into overtime
Hit a clutch 3 in Wade's face to bring the Lakers within 1 point vs. Miami. Not sure if the Lakers won that game but clutch nonetheless

And of course a case could be made for Kobe but I will leave that for somebody else

who are you argueing with?everbody here agrees that fish is clutch..
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:13 pm

FC: But a majority of his gamewinners game from him creating his own shots. Actually I think all of them except the one against Sacramento were from his own playmaking. Horry's are all from somebody passing him the ball relatively open.

Bball playa (I don't know your name..sorry lol): I'm not really arguing with anybody, just showing some facts..and I guess why I think Fisher is clutcher than Horry
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:14 pm

FC wrote:
bball playa wrote:
FC wrote:
bball playa wrote:
FC wrote:
w8 so kobe is the clutchest ever then??!?!?!?!

Hes hit the most game winners, even tho hes shot the most BY FAR. Im not saying kobe isnt clutch but hes not even shooting close to 50% on game winning shots. Thats why he #5 to me

ok i never said kobe is the most clutch im just saying he`s more clutch than horry..

because horry has been playing with all-stars so when there was about 2-5 seconds left he didnt have as much defence on him and when kobe is o the floor with 2-5 seconds hes been double teamed alot..

your implying that, your first reason for why hes more clutch is because hes made more, which would mean by that logic hes the clutchest ever.

NO,what im trying to say is pretty simple

horry has been playing with all-stars all along..so when its a clutch moment some one else is double teamed and hes barley defended and thats why he made alot of his buzzer beater

kobe has alwas been double teamed because he`s been the most clutch on his team so they double team him in the clutch.

but they had their best defender on him because he is the main person in the clutch..
and horry most of the time was not the main person to be defended so it was easier for him

in fact one of his more famouse buzzer beaters was because they were defending kobe and shaq in the post and shaq swatted the ball out to him where "NOBODY" was defending him.
kobe isn't doubled in the clutch of his 10 attempts this year only twice hes was doubled
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Raza wrote:
FC: But a majority of his gamewinners game from him creating his own shots. Actually I think all of them except the one against Sacramento were from his own playmaking. Horry's are all from somebody passing him the ball relatively open.

Bball playa (I don't know your name..sorry lol): I'm not really arguing with anybody, just showing some facts..and I guess why I think Fisher is clutcher than Horry

its all good..
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:15 pm

Raza wrote:

i dont think it matters if it was created by someone else, kerr and fishers were created by someone else but have a lower %.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:16 pm

[quote="bball playa"]
FC wrote:
bball playa wrote:
FC wrote:
bball playa wrote:
FC wrote:
w8 so kobe is the clutchest ever then??!?!?!?!

Hes hit the most game winners, even tho hes shot the most BY FAR. Im not saying kobe isnt clutch but hes not even shooting close to 50% on game winning shots. Thats why he #5 to me

ok i never said kobe is the most clutch im just saying he`s more clutch than horry..

because horry has been playing with all-stars so when there was about 2-5 seconds left he didnt have as much defence on him and when kobe is o the floor with 2-5 seconds hes been double teamed alot..

your implying that, your first reason for why hes more clutch is because hes made more, which would mean by that logic hes the clutchest ever.

NO,what im trying to say is pretty simple

horry has been playing with all-stars all along..so when its a clutch moment some one else is double teamed and hes barley defended and thats why he made alot of his buzzer beater

kobe has alwas been double teamed because he`s been the most clutch on his team so they double team him in the clutch.

but they had their best defender on him because he is the main person in the clutch..
and horry most of the time was not the main person to be defended so it was easier for him

in fact one of his more famouse buzzer beaters was because they were defending kobe and shaq in the post and shaq swatted the ball out to him where "NOBODY" was defending him.
kobe isn't doubled in the clutch of his 10 attempts this year only twice hes was doubled
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:32 pm

Dwight Howard is one of the best with the deciding games of series. And also 4th quarters his defense/rebounding is unstoppable with less than a few minutes to go.

Really Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 372102
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:33 pm

LockDownOnYou wrote:
Dwight Howard is one of the best with the deciding games of series. And also 4th quarters his defense/rebounding is unstoppable with less than a few minutes to go.

I know! Like those 2 free throws he hit with 10 seconds left at the end of Game 4 of the 2009 Finals to ice the game.

That's how it happened, right? Right?
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:35 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
LockDownOnYou wrote:

I know! Like those 2 free throws he hit with 10 seconds left at the end of Game 4 of the 2009 Finals to ice the game.

That's how it happened, right? Right?

I said defense/rebounding. Not FT's. lmao.
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:40 pm

1.Michael Jordan
2.Larry Bird
3.West
4.Horry
5.Kobe

HM-Russell,Hondo,Miller(Reggie of course)

Last edited by Stefan on Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:42 pm

How the fuck is russell clutch enough to be listed? where are you and darko getting this from?
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:48 pm

I know right.

If this was how well people perform in the Finals it would be way different.
Regaurdless Russell's rings..
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:50 pm

cbi wrote:
How the fuck is russell clutch enough to be listed? where are you and darko getting this from?

Man Russell was great clutch performer.I am not saying Clutch shooters but clutch performer.Russell was always great in those final moments,maybe he didn't make Game Winners ,but clutch rebounds,shot blocking in the last moments that is clutch.Like Lebron blocked KD's game winner shot so Russell did it too.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:53 pm

but he's not a better player in the clutch than bird, magic, jordan, kobe, west, horry or possibly even hondo...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:54 pm

or miller
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:00 pm

Russell was a clutch performer. Not better than the people I listed. That's why I put him in HM. He has never lost a game 7 in the NBA. He averaged 20/30 in games seven's. He always came up clutch when his team needed him in all of those game 7's.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:02 pm

he was obviously clutch. 21-0 in college, nba and olympic finals. But a lot of his clutch statistics are more attributed to an entire team than one player
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 pm

cbi wrote:
but he's not a better player in the clutch than bird, magic, jordan, kobe, west, horry or possibly even hondo...

In my opinion i should put him 6 and kobe over him.Sorry i forgot Kobe,but Russell over Hondo in my opinion
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:05 pm

1957 NBA Finals: Game 7 vs. St. Louis Hawks ------- 19 points, 32 rebounds

1960 NBA Finals: Game 7 vs. St. Louis Hawks ------- 22 points, 35 rebounds

1962 NBA Finals: Game 7 vs. Los Angeles Lakers -- 30 points, 40 rebounds

1966 NBA Finals: Game 7 vs. Los Angeles Lakers -- 25 points, 32 rebounds

His stats in Game 7's of the NBA Final's. Pretty clutch. There is no bigger stage in basketball than Game 7 of the NBA Final's.

Oh , and this too.

1969 NBA Finals: Game 7 vs. Los Angeles Lakers -- 6 points, 21 rebounds
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:08 pm

Wait. I didn't see Stefan's comment about the LeBron-KD block.

Bill Russell can go home. I would put him..........at like 7 or 8 on my list. Definitely isn;t clutcher than most other players.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:10 pm

were those the wilt lakers teams? if not, those stats arent really impressive.
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:11 pm

He is 6th on my now.I forgot Kobe.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:12 pm

he was in your HM before
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:24 pm

cbi.idk im too lazy to check lol
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Jerry West. Jordan. Magic. Kobe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next