Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?

Go down 
+15
Janet
Raza
FC
Fox News
Abdu
KD35
John14
Nick C
Maximus
Tar Heel
cbi
Darko
Chris
Saeed
Stefan
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 6:37 am

First topic message reminder :

Smile
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:12 pm

LeBron needs titles wrote:
cbi wrote:
How the fuck is russell clutch enough to be listed? where are you and darko getting this from?

Not clutch

He never lost a 7th game of playoffs and finals.10-0,played his best in those games and raised defense to a whole new level.Heck,Jordan lost 3 years in a row from the Pistons.Magic was dubbed as tragic until he lead Showtime LA to title.

Magic led the Lakers to a title his first year in the league WTF are you talking about?

Magic was dubbed "Tragic" by Kevin McHale to describe Johnson's pissed of mood after losing to the Celtics in the 1984 Finals.

He then beat the Celtics the next year on their home-court in game six
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 8:15 pm

dwayne wrote:
no...kobe just takes a stupid shot in the clutch while he is getting dted by carl and reggie

stupid shots?..
he has the most game winners EVER...and is now as the best closer in the game today..idk where your gettin your facts from
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 7:39 am

Nick C wrote:
LeBron needs titles wrote:
cbi wrote:
How the fuck is russell clutch enough to be listed? where are you and darko getting this from?

Not clutch

He never lost a 7th game of playoffs and finals.10-0,played his best in those games and raised defense to a whole new level.Heck,Jordan lost 3 years in a row from the Pistons.Magic was dubbed as tragic until he lead Showtime LA to title.

Magic led the Lakers to a title his first year in the league WTF are you talking about?

Magic was dubbed "Tragic" by Kevin McHale to describe Johnson's pissed of mood after losing to the Celtics in the 1984 Finals.

He then beat the Celtics the next year on their home-court in game six

Magic is clutch,but that year he was dubbed as Tragic....

that's what i'm saying
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 8:41 am

Yes he was but who cares,he's a beast arguably the G.O.A.T.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:32 pm

really? defeneded... really?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:51 pm

Good job, you found ONE video of him getting an open look. My turn.

Two clutch threes in one game. The first one was the best possible man to man defense you can play, and the second was great inbound defense and a man in his face

More amazing defense. You can't ask more from Dwyane Wade there

Great defense on Kobe up the court and Bell had a hand in his face when the shot went up

Good perimeter defense and you had two players contesting the shot

Denver was a bit confused in the beginning, but had two guys contesting Kobe's shot

Perimeter defense was alright and a hand in his face on the shot

Perimeter defender got lost but Dirk still got a hand up in Kobe's face

Defender jumped early but recovered and still went up with Kobe

Same as above

Got past two perimeter defenders, kept control with one man swiping at the ball, and finished over another

Good help defense along with pretty good perimeter defense and Kobe finished over two guys

Over two people, in the playoffs

These are just gamewinners. There are most likely countless more videos of gamewinner along with clutch shots late in the game to either put the game away or give the Lakers the lead.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 8:55 pm

Snow:
It looks like he traveled, is out of bounds, and pushed off his defender. lol.

Amazing shot and all, but weird.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 15, 2010 9:25 pm

*Waits for Snow's comeback
**Realizes he won't have a good comeback
***Leaves just like he arrived (i.e not answering the thread)
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 3:11 am

my improved list
----------------------
1.micheal jordan:
since he started in the nba,he was the one taking the last shot,and that a big responsibility.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsI8t7H4V9o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gdWdj_TEM&feature=related
and he sucseeds,but thats not even close to the complete list..

2.jerry wast:
He is called mr.clutch and he eraned that name by showing how clutch he really was
by plays like stealing the ball and dropping a 30 footer or making a 60 foot jumper..
he prved it everybody why they call him mr.clutch

3.kobe bryant:
People dont want to give him the credit he deserves,but the truth is he is clutch,no one has drained more clutch shots than him..he could be argued as one yet some ppl put him like 8-9th..so he deserve number 3 imo.

4. reggie miller:
he is known as the greatest scorer ever...and he is known for knoking down shots for anywhere on the court,he has proved ver and over how clutch he is,he scored points in 8.9 secs.

5.larry bird:
he is very underated when it comes to clutch..im going to let you decide..read the following and than tell me if hes clutch

One of Larry's most clutch performances,Late in a tied game against the Seattle SuperSonics, Bird told Supersonics forward Xavier McDaniel, who was guarding him, exactly where he would hit the game winning shot. After a timeout, Bird made two baseline cuts, then posted in the exact spot he had indicated to McDaniel, paused, turned, and hit the shot in his face.
^^^^^
that sums up his clutchness

and that is my list..i know people will not agree with kobe at 3 im sticking with it but feel free to argue..
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 7:01 am

LMAO Bird was badass!

Also,Kobe has drained the most game winning shots but I think he has also tooken the most?

I think i already answered this thread..

Reggie Miller is the greatest 3-point shooter you mean?

West is freakin clutch too.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:41 pm

for reggie i did mean 3 point,

kobe has taken the most clutch shots but that dont mean hes not clutch,i put kobe 3rd,and if he repeats a season like last year i would put him number 2,i mean it..
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 2:35 pm

bball playa (john) wrote:
my improved list
----------------------
1.micheal jordan:
since he started in the nba,he was the one taking the last shot,and that a big responsibility.

2.jerry wast:
He is called mr.clutch and he eraned that name by showing how clutch he really was
by plays like stealing the ball and dropping a 30 footer or making a 60 foot jumper..

3.kobe bryant:
People dont want to give him the credit he deserves,but the truth is he is clutch,no one has drained more clutch shots than him..he could be argued as one yet some ppl put him like 8-9th..so he deserve number 3 imo.

4. reggie miller:
he is known as the greatest scorer ever...and he is known for knoking down shots for anywhere on the court,he has proved ver and over how clutch he is,he scored points in 8.9 secs.

5.larry bird:
he is very underated when it comes to clutch..im going to let you decide..read the following and than tell me if hes clutch

One of Larry's most clutch performances,Late in a tied game against the Seattle SuperSonics, Bird told Supersonics forward Xavier McDaniel, who was guarding him, exactly where he would hit the game winning shot. After a timeout, Bird made two baseline cuts, then posted in the exact spot he had indicated to McDaniel, paused, turned, and hit the shot in his face.
^^^^^

and that is my list..i know people will not agree with kobe at 3 im sticking with it but feel free to argue..
Nice list!
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 5:09 pm

Brother Suwayd wrote:
bball playa (john) wrote:
my improved list
----------------------
1.micheal jordan:

2.jerry wast:

3.kobe bryant:

4. reggie miller:

5.larry bird:

^^^^^

Nice list!

thank you..it took a while to research but it was worth it..thx
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:18 am

Good list in there but to me no one is better than Larry Bird in the final seconds of the game in the playoffs...at least
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:29 pm

in my list larry is 5th..and i think the four guys ahead of him deserve to be there
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 3:39 pm

imma make a list of the active players too...

1.kobe
2.wade
3.nash
4.?
5.?

i think imma put nash as 3,roy as 5?
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:35 pm

active players

1.kobe bryant
2.dwayne wade
3.steve nash
4.tim duncan
5.ray allen

ok thats my list...top 3 are perfect but im not sure about how i put my 4 and 5 though
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:42 pm

Active list:
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Ray Allen
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Jamal Crawford
5. idk..I'll put in Nash lol
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:46 pm

Raza wrote:
Active list:
1. Kobe Bryant
2. Ray Allen
3. Dirk Nowitzki
4. Jamal Crawford
5. idk..I'll put in Nash lol

Ty Lawson? Taj Gibson? WTF MAN THESE GUYS WERE CLUTCH!

lol nahh, I agree with your list but I don't think Ray is as clutch as he used to be. I'd go with:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Steve Nash
4. Jamal Crawford
5. Dwyane Wade

HM: Joe Johnson, SUNDIATA GAINES!! lol jk, Manu Ginobili, Durant, a lot more.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:07 pm

No Longer DEAD wrote:
Ty Lawson? Taj Gibson? WTF MAN THESE GUYS WERE CLUTCH!

lol nahh, I agree with your list but I don't think Ray is as clutch as he used to be. I'd go with:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Dirk Nowitzki
3. Steve Nash
4. Jamal Crawford
5. Dwyane Wade

HM: Joe Johnson, SUNDIATA GAINES!! lol jk, Manu Ginobili, Durant, a lot more.

Lol Ty Lawson doesn't even get to play in the clutch Razz

Good point about Ray..but to take him out of the list completely? Oh, and I forgot Paul Pierce...super clutch.

*UPDATED LIST*
1. Kobe
2. Dirk
3. Ray
4. Pierce
5. Crawford
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:30 pm

updated (er_ list active

1.kb
2.dirk
3.ray
4.pierce
5.duncan
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 3:31 pm

Kobe
dirk
Crawford
Wade
rondo
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 10:48 pm

Snow. wrote:

really? defeneded... really?

you must be stupid..one video where he is not defended..

Kobe is WAY more defended in the clutch than horry or reggie..

Horry plays with dam all stars and never gets the attention so get wideopen looks...most overated in the clutchness factor ever!
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 11:53 pm

Horry highest percentage of FG under 10 seconds. Fisher and Kerr played with all stars too, so I don't see your point
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?   Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History? - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Top 5 Clutch performers in the NBA History?
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5