Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.

Go down 
+13
Raza
cbi
KD35
Snow.
FC
John14
Darko
Fox News
Tar Heel
Stefan
Chris
No Longer DEAD
Saeed
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. Empty
PostSubject: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:01 am

I said so.

If you disagree, please feel free to argue with me (:
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:34 am

/cue 3 page Darko rant on Bill Russell, where SK proceeds to get owned and is too lazy to reply
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:40 am

No Longer DEAD wrote:
/cue 3 page Darko rant on Bill Russell, where SK proceeds to get owned and is too lazy to reply

/cue I ban Khai...

jk Very Happy
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:49 am

Basketball = Life wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:

/cue I ban Khai...

jk Very Happy

/cue opression in every country, hatred towards SK, riots all over RBT, and burning down of grandmother's house.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:50 am

No Longer DEAD wrote:
Basketball = Life wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:

/cue I ban Khai...

jk Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. Icon_biggrin

/cue opression in every country, hatred towards SK, riots all over RBT, and burning down of grandmother's house.

/cue SK fucks Khai because all his grandparents died. of fires.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:52 am

Basketball = Life wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:
Basketball = Life wrote:
No Longer DEAD wrote:

/cue I ban Khai...

jk Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. Icon_biggrin

/cue SK fucks Khai because all his grandparents died. of fires.

....that's just fucking weird.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 2:03 am

yeah i know D:
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 7:10 am

No Longer DEAD wrote:
lol!
Back to top Go down
Stefan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Stefan

Male Posts : 940

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 9:44 am

Basketball = Life wrote:
I said so.

If you disagree, please feel free to argue with me (:

It is your opinion so i can't do anything.In my opinion it is 1.Kareem 2.Bill Russell
3.Wilt chamberlain 4.Shaquille O'Neal
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 10:04 am

He's 2nd best after Kareem.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 1:27 pm

Hakeem is #1..no comp in my mind
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 4:32 pm

besides maybe kareem.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:37 pm

For any opinion is fine with an argument for it.I have seen your argument and i'm fine with the call.It's matter of opinion.The depth of the position is so good that the first five in some order Russell,Shaq,Kareem,Wilt and Hakeem all can be argued as #1 on that list.

To me,the best center is Bill Russell.It's an opinion
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 07, 2010 5:51 pm

Btw,here is how you make your argument for the Top 5

Wilt Chamberlain-The main arguments you should use for him in this argument are his stats,domination and how awesome this guy was.Look for some good games against his biggest rival,Russell(he had some good ones)then Kareem and the rest of the HOF centers.Add all around game too in that argument

Bill Russell-Titles,defense,leadership,clutch performance,winning are the things that you should base your argument for if you agree with me on this one.Look for one of the dozen great defensive games against Wilt in the playoffs,finals,few statistical categories etc

Shaquille O'Neal-Unstopable,domination,impact,winning,clutch performances is the main argument that you should make if you want to prove that Shaq is the greatest center to walk on a hardwood,ever.Look for stats from his better years and so on

Hakeem Olajuwon-Mobility,one of the skillest offensive/defensive players ever,defense,performances in the post season and the fact that he outplayed his competition at some point.Add winning too.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar-You just post arguments based on everything for Kareem.He has stats,legacy,resume,titles,records and everything you want for a big man.He's one of 2-4 people who can beat Jordan in an argument for G.O.A.T based on eveything."Nuff said

Also,if you are making a case for any one of the names above,you just a strong comment to prove."He's the greatest ever from the position that has the biggest depth ever"

You be the judge
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:32 pm

this is why i think bil russell is the greatest center of all time..(second to hakeem)

Bill Russell was 6'9...he played against some of the greatest
players and teams ( Lakers with West and Baylor )the NBA has ever seen...including a man who was the most dominant center ever! ( WILT )....In Russell's prime he was a 20ppg...20rpg...10bpg...6apg!.... NCAA champion..
gold medalist...and he won 11 NBA championships as the leader of his team....he won with and without great players..
They did'nt count block shot's or steals...now they do(because of him)
People who watched him play ......say thet in his prime from..... 60-68 he would have averaged 20ppg..24rpg..10blk..5stl..5as... that's sick!.....wan't a legacy?..read ...this..........................

College..
Four-year letter winner under Hall of Fame coach Phil Woolpert

All-America (1956)

Led San Francisco to back-to-back NCAA championships (1955, 1956)

Along with Hall of Fame teammate K.C. Jones, led USF to 55 straight wins and two straight undefeated seasons

USA Player of the Year (1956)

Scored 1,636 points (20.7 ppg) and grabbed 1,606 rebounds (20.3 rpg) in 79 games

Member, gold medal-winning U.S. Olympic Team (1956)

NBA..............................

Twelve-time NBA All-Star (1958-69)

MVP All-Star Game (1963) after 19 points and 24 rebounds

Holds the NBA single-game record for most rebounds in a half (32) vs. Philadelphia on Nov. 16, 1957

Celtics's all-time leading rebounder (21,620, 22.5 rpg) in 963 games; second best in history

Holds career playoff record for most rebounds (4,104, 24.9 rpg) in 165 games

Holds NBA Finals record for highest rebound per game average (29.5 rpg, 1959) and by a rookie (22.9 rpg, 1957)

Holds NBA Finals single-game record for most free throws attempted in one half (15, April 11, 1961) vs. St. Louis; most rebounds (40, March 29, 1960 vs. St. Louis and April 18, 1962 vs. Los Angeles); most rebounds by a rookie (32, April 13, 1967 vs. St. Louis); and most rebounds in a quarter (19, April 18, 1962 vs. Los Angeles)

Grabbed a career-high 51 rebounds vs. Syracuse (Feb. 5, 1960), making him one of two players ever (Wilt Chamberlain) to grab more than 50 boards in a game

Had seven games with 40 or more rebounds

Led the NBA in rebounding in first three seasons (19.6, 22.7, 23.0) and five times overall

Led the NBA in minutes played (1959, 42.5 mpg) and in 1965 (44.5 mpg)

Scored 14,522 points (15.1 ppg) in his career and averaged 16.2 ppg in 165 playoff games

Declared Greatest Player in the History of the NBA by the Professional Basketball Writers Association of America (1980)

NBA 25th Anniversary All-Time Team (1970)

NBA 35th Anniversary All-Time Team (1980)

NBA 50th Anniversary all time Team

Named "Sportsman of the Year" by Sports Illustrated (1968)

NBA Boston Celtics, player/head coach (1966-69)

1968-69 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1967-68 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1965-66 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1964-65 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1963-64 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1962-63 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1961-62 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1960-61 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1959-60 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1958-59 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1956-57 Boston Celtics NBA champion

1958-NBA-MVP

1961-NBA-MVP

1961-NBA-TSN MVP

1962-NBA-MVP

1962-NBA-TSN MVP

1963-NBA-AS MVP

1963-NBA-MVP

1963-NBA-TSN MVP

1965-NBA-MVP

1965-NBA-TSN MVP

He prabably.....no wait...let me refrase that.........He WOULD HAVE!, won alot more MVP's,player of the year award's,etc..etc..

but the people who voted.....didn't vote for him because he was black!.....he did all of this ,when it was the toughest....that's what really makes him great....People have backwards..without Russell there would be no NBA today..He was a pioneer!...Big O..DR J..MJ..Now Kobe!..all because of BILL............

and in rbt bill russell is so underated..they think he didnt play with enogh talent but he played with some ppl like west,baylor and wilt chamberlain..and that is talent,this man will will never be reconised where he should be,every year he keep slipping down the list by peopl who do not reconise his talent..

they make exuses like he only won because there wasnt any talent but there was talent a team with chamberlain, the lakers with baylor and west..tthere was alot of talent but he will countinue to get underated
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:36 pm

Chamberlain is overrated too..So i dont like that argument you have there. +,you think he played chamberlain every-night? and west a baylor are guards so i dun get ur point...
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:39 pm

so that was talent...how much talent does howard have,shaq?,hakeem?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:42 pm

More than wilt...I gaurentee you that...
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:45 pm

actully not..

howard vs another good center..who?...37 year old shaq?

prime shaq..i cant even think of one good center...vlade?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:53 pm

shaq prime=Webber,j.oneal,malone,Garnett,dike..all who would embarress wilt...Im sure im missing a bunch more,too. And the centers arent great but theyd shit on the centers back then 4sure...there tall and athletic...
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:54 pm

look..if i was alive when he was playing i could name you toms of em too.so idk
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:56 pm

You wouldn't be foolish enough...well you might....
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:59 pm

Brother Suwayd wrote:
shaq prime=Webber,j.oneal,malone,Garnett,dike..all who would embarress wilt...Im sure im missing a bunch more,too. And the centers arent great but theyd shit on the centers back then 4sure...there tall and athletic...

So... wilt isn't tall and athletic. 7'1 was a track star in high school, highest vert in the league(higher than dwayne wades, durants, and barely below dwight howards) isn't tall and athletic.

No Competition?

Bill Russell, Walt Bellamy, Dolph Schayes, Nate Thurmond, Jerry Lucas, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Bob Petit, Elvin Hayes, Willis Reed, and the list could go on and on for big men of that era.

Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:01 pm

like i said...He didnt play wilt every game...kareems first season was 69..that was bills last season...same with hayes Neutral

recheck your facts and come back..
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 6:11 pm

Brother Suwayd wrote:
like i said...He didnt play wilt every game...kareems first season was 69..that was bills last season...same with hayes Neutral

recheck your facts and come back..
yes, but he played vs Wilt when it mattered the most (Finals) and he still beat him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.   Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least. Empty

Back to top Go down

Why Hakeem Olajuwon is the greatest Center of All-time.. to me at least.
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next