Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time

Go down 
+5
brownie13
No Longer DEAD
cbi
King Of NJ
Darko
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time Empty
PostSubject: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:28 pm

You can use players from any era and they could all big men or big man,small man and etc

I take Russell and Shaq.

Russell is te best defensive player,best shot blocker and biggest winner in the NBA of All time.His defensive skills were amazing,smart player and great winner.Just for compariom he won 11/13 in the NBA Finals compared to current best record 4-0 from Timmy and 7-0 in the 7th game of the Finals he played.Awsome big man passer and good scorer

Shaq,M.D.E,best power dunker and one of the most strongest players of all time.This guy was also great post scorer with skills,had great footwork,passing skills and great but very underrated at rebounding and shot blocking.He was just that good

What about you
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:32 pm

Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen were the best actual duo

Michael Jordan and Larry Bird would be the best duo

Jordan to drive to the hole and score at will whenever he wants, plus with his passing ability be able to dish out to Bird for 3 or feed Bird in the post
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Dammit Darko.
When your question has "all-time" the question goes to history section. K?
lol

moved

And Magic and Bird would be pretty fun to watch
So would Hakeem and Jordan
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:41 pm

Yeah,i think MJ-Russell would be awsome duo as well
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:42 pm

Hmm, interesting question. I would have to go with... Wilt Chamberlain and Tim Duncan (in his prime of course). TD and Chamberlain were both winners, Chamberlain to a lesser extent but with this duo you have arguably the best PF in the game along with the best C in the game. Imagine the rebounding advantage you could get with these two. Chamberlain averaging around 20 RPG and TD averaging close to 11 RPG. It would be just incomprehensible.

And even on the offensive side, Tim Duncan has proved to be a very consistent 20/10 guy and Chamberlain we all know was capable of 50/25. Both are oversized for their position, and considering the fact that they would be the two best players on their team they would get a lot of oppurtunitites to shoot the ball. And being who they are, they'd make over 50% of their shots I'd assume.

Now to the championship factor. I really think a team with these two would three-peat because unless if everyone else on the team was a piece of sh*t they would make the playoffs for at least 6 years straight unless one of them got traded or had a serious injury. But since that probably wouldn't happen, I think we'd be witnessing a new dynasty if these two ever got paired.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:43 pm

Wilt is overrated,Shaq>Wilt.Even Duncan>Wilt

Just an opinion of course
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:43 pm

MJ and anyone else would dominate any non-mj pairing.

Ill go with russell because those two are just born winners
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:45 pm

MJ and Russell would make for a great winning and defensive combination

offensive wise Im going with Bird and Jordan

Bird was no loser too a 4 time champion. With Bird and Jordan's offensive skills they'd light up the scoreboard.

Russell and Jordan would be the best inside-out combo though
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:47 pm

Yeah, bird might be Jordan's offensive soul mate but if you put a dominant big man with a dominant wing you wont ever lose
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Russell and MJ,both great winners and dominating players on the both ends of the floor.They would be killing duo
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm

Did Bird win 3 rings or 4 rings?I think he won 3 but i'm not sure
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:00 pm

Bird won 4 rings in Boston
Back to top Go down
Teh Big O'reilly
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Teh Big O'reilly

Male Posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Probably Russell and either MJ
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:02 pm

Thanks for the info,still its between MJ/Russell and Russell/Shaq tough.I think it will be the first one,i was little bias to put Shaq because he's my all time faovurite player that i watched when i was growing
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:13 pm

I'm going with Jordan and Magic Johnson
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 2:33 pm

Khai wrote:
Hmm, interesting question. I would have to go with... Wilt Chamberlain and Tim Duncan (in his prime of course). TD and Chamberlain were both winners, Chamberlain to a lesser extent but with this duo you have arguably the best PF in the game along with the best C in the game. Imagine the rebounding advantage you could get with these two. Chamberlain averaging around 20 RPG and TD averaging close to 11 RPG. It would be just incomprehensible.

And even on the offensive side, Tim Duncan has proved to be a very consistent 20/10 guy and Chamberlain we all know was capable of 50/25. Both are oversized for their position, and considering the fact that they would be the two best players on their team they would get a lot of oppurtunitites to shoot the ball. And being who they are, they'd make over 50% of their shots I'd assume.

Now to the championship factor. I really think a team with these two would three-peat because unless if everyone else on the team was a piece of sh*t they would make the playoffs for at least 6 years straight unless one of them got traded or had a serious injury. But since that probably wouldn't happen, I think we'd be witnessing a new dynasty if these two ever got paired.

Wow, very well explained Khai. I don't agree with Wilt but nonetheless, you made a strong case here. Smile

I will mix it up a bit and choose John Stockton and Tim Ducan. Stockton, one of the best PGs of all-time along with Tim Duncan would be an amazing duo I think. First of all, personality wise, I think both men would get along well since they possess similar chracteristics (loyalty to franchise, sportsmanship, calm/relaxed, you get the drift). In addition, Stockton is a great distributer/passer and Tim Duncan has a nice shooting range so offensively, they would perform very well.

In addition, both men play great defense with Stockton's stealing abilities and Duncan's overall awesome defense (e.g. he has won all-defensive honours on numourous occasions). Therefore, they would be a threat on the offensive and defensive end.
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Greatest Real: Magic, Kareem

Greatest: Jordan, magic would kick a$$ lol
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time EmptyThu Aug 20, 2009 8:52 am

MJ and Russell would be the greatest
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time   Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Which is the greatest duo in the NBA of All Time
Page 1 of 1