Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Toronto Raptors, what next?

Go down 
+8
cbi
No Longer DEAD
Tar Heel
Darko
Fox News
BNB
Raza
Rush
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

Toronto Raptors, what next? Empty
PostSubject: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:17 pm

I'm sorry for bringing another raptors thread to surface, but what do we do next?

Chris Bosh had the ball 3/4 of the time last season, the leader, and before him Vince Carter, but since after our second leader has left, what do we expect out of the team now? I mean I can understand that with Bosh leaving, the only upside to look for is the youth development.. AGAIN. I would dislike to rebuild all over. But Colangelo says it as : "Re-Tooling" I like how he is having the competitive edge while he is in rebuilding mode at the same time, why doesn't he restart? I mean look, Bosh left, we have 3 young good players that likes Toronto in Amir, DeRozan, Weems, developing better and better. We have a solid young core, and we could possible build a team like Thunder depending on how it goes, would it be best to rebuild? Or trade some key players for one star. Because I honestly don't think Raptors fans can't take another rebuild. After a full decade..

So, should we just call it quits, and get lottery picks and fail some seasons?

What's next? We can tell that DeMar can develop into a franchise player in Toronto after a few years... but time will tell whats next?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:20 pm

DeMar DeRozan will be the franchise player, averaging 12/4/3.

And the Raptors will be top contenders for the next 10 years!

..for the draft lottery
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 7:21 pm

hope your young players aren't busts and hope they don't bail on TOR like VC did.

you'll probably build through the draft for the next 2 years
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:01 am

derozan will be VERY solid...
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 9:26 am

WTF have yall been doing??? losing and getting high draft picks... and derozen wont be shit
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 11:58 am

Damn,Raza....

Raptors will need to step up big time or else,they will suffer
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 12:19 pm

Move to Seattle?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:33 pm

cRUSHed wrote:

8/3 as a rookie that's good, but can he shoot well? Because although his FG% is at 49, his 3P% is 25 and FT% is 76...looks like a slasher and slasher only to me.

Face it Rush. Not everybody can be the next Jordan, because that spot is already filled by me Razz
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:36 pm

Now that Chris Bosh left, here are your leaders that have to pull the load offensively:

Andrea Bargnani: No way in hell Bargnani can lead a team. Way too soft. Bosh is a physical big man, and that's why he did good. Bargnani is NOT.

Jarrett Jack. Jarrett Jack is your second leading scorer. How does that make you feel right now Rush?
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:42 pm

Raza wrote:
cRUSHed wrote:

8/3 as a rookie that's good, but can he shoot well? Because although his FG% is at 49, his 3P% is 25 and FT% is 76...looks like a slasher and slasher only to me.

Face it Rush. Not everybody can be the next Jordan, because that spot is already filled by me Razz

DeRozan will NEVER I repeat NEVER be a franchise player. He doesn't have the b-ball IQ, the defensive prescence, he's just someone who can energize the crowd. It's outright ridiculous to basically put him in the same class as Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry...you know, the guys who will be the face of their franchise. His best season will be like 14/5/2. If that's the face of your franchise, that's a pretty pathetic franchise. To be honest, Ed Davis probably has more of a chance to be the face of a franchise than DeRozan. Unless DeRozan proves to me that he can do more than just dunk and drive, I'm not impressed by him. At all.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 1:43 pm

DEAD wrote:
DeRozan will NEVER I repeat NEVER be a franchise player. He doesn't have the b-ball IQ, the defensive prescence, he's just someone who can energize the crowd. It's outright ridiculous to basically put him in the same class as Brandon Jennings, Tyreke Evans, Stephen Curry...you know, the guys who will be the face of their franchise. His best season will be like 14/5/2. If that's the face of your franchise, that's a pretty pathetic franchise. To be honest, Ed Davis probably has more of a chance to be the face of a franchise than DeRozan. Unless DeRozan proves to me that he can do more than just dunk and drive, I'm not impressed by him. At all.

So...
he sucks, yes?
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:06 pm

But then again thats' what all you guys said about kobe that one day he got drafted yes?

LOL U AND YOUR DAMN MJ RAZA! YOUR GUY CAN NEVER SURPASS ME!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:10 pm

nobody said that about kobe :/
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:11 pm

yeah man.. for a 13th pick you dont expect anything right? He was young, skinny, and a few years short from becoming a legend.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 pm

Yeah. But Kobe got his career started with the Lakers, a team he could grow with.

DeRozan has no coach to coach him up and his best teammates are jack, barbosa and bargnani. wooo. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 2:13 pm

lol I guess so.. I think he could develop into more...
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 3:27 pm

and plus, Kobe came out of high school with huge expectations. Nobody expects DeRozan to be anything more than a back-up SF who can energize the crowd, sounding very similar to another one of his Toronto teammates...Sonny Weems.
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:36 pm

I WILL PROVE YOU ALL WRONG!!!!
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 4:56 pm

What exactly are you trying to prove?
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:32 pm

That DeMar DeRozan will score above 10 PPG as the franchise player
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 6:47 pm

just like Ty Lawson Razz
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Ty Lawson averaged 17 PPG as a starter Razz
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:55 am

DeRozan will be the next VC look at my sig Razz
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 1:56 am

Damn, am I really the Koolish of Toronto :O
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? EmptySat Jul 24, 2010 2:00 am

Lol, we all tend to think higher of players on our favorite teams...but DeRozan just...isn't.. good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Toronto Raptors, what next?   Toronto Raptors, what next? Empty

Back to top Go down

Toronto Raptors, what next?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next