Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar

Go down 
+3
Janet
Mo
No Longer DEAD
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar Empty
PostSubject: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:53 pm

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/13659617/new-hornets-brass-already-facing-crisis-with-paul

Wow...CP3 really let me down...I thought he was the only superstar in the league who actually CARED about the town he played for...think of how important him and Drew Brees are to that city! It's like LeBron to a lesser extent...New Orleans hasn't won crap with the exception of last year.

Traded or not, CP3 let me down.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Chris Paul really is disappointing me. All I can say....
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:55 pm

AHH Well well =/

Hey we still got Durant =]
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:57 pm

why do players let fans down cuz they wanna play with better players?

I have a problem with players demanding trades... but they just say they wanna be traded to a better team if the team isn't making moves, I have no problem with that.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyWed Jul 21, 2010 11:58 pm

JRG wrote:
AHH Well well =/

Hey we still got Durant =]

AND ROSE!!

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/1410/rose-im-never-leaving-chicago
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:00 am

YEEEEUUHHHH WE GOT ROSE TOO.... SWEET =] WOOOOO Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar 588709

We got 2 on the good side .
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:03 am

Kevin Durant & Derrick Rose are two of my favorite players. Seems that I don't like traitors, maybe thats why I like the Spurs so much. Aside Tony Parker, most of there guys seem like they'll never leave because San Antonio is such a dominant franchise.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:03 am

And tony parker doesn't even wanna leave.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:05 am

3 good good the list is getting bigger.

Oh so i guess the Tony Parker maybe going to NY ain't going to happen.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:10 am

yeah there were rumors about the spurs trading TP to the knicks, but he kept saying he want to stay in SA
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:12 am

Yeah, who would they trade for?

@Janet, are those real glasses or Real3D glasses with the lenses taken out?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:13 am

trade talks are dead. But the spurs probably would have gotten like Eddy Curry's expiring contract and someone else like wilson chandler
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:16 am

OK, but CP3 means more to New Orleans than Durant does to OKC, Rose does to CHI, or Parker does to SA...I'm not saying they aren't superstars, they are, but what Paul did to New Orleans was MUCH more significant than what all those other guys did. He brought a terrible and I mean TERRIBLE team to the playoffs, reshaped David West and Tyson Chandler's careers, and did a lot of work in the community. Durant is reaching that status, but so far he isn't there and in no way is Rose or Parker more important to their respective cities than Chris Paul.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:22 am

DEAD wrote:
OK, but CP3 means more to New Orleans than Durant does to OKC, Rose does to CHI, or Parker does to SA...I'm not saying they aren't superstars, they are, but what Paul did to New Orleans was MUCH more significant than what all those other guys did. He brought a terrible and I mean TERRIBLE team to the playoffs, reshaped David West and Tyson Chandler's careers, and did a lot of work in the community. Durant is reaching that status, but so far he isn't there and in no way is Rose or Parker more important to their respective cities than Chris Paul.

but CP is pretty much saying "show me that you guys are willing to build a championship team. If you can't do that, I want out." I'm cool with that.

LBJ gave CLE that chance. They didn't do enough, so he left in free agency. I'm cool with that too.. i just didn't like the show idea.

CP is giving NO that chance, and so far they aren't doing much.. mostly because they can't really do anything for about 1-2 more years. CP wants to win now and they only way he can get out of NO is by getting traded.

and durant brought a TERRIBLE team to the playoffs.. won 50 games and took the lakers to 6 games.. would have been 7 if gasol didn't make that shot.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:28 am

Mohammad wrote:

No well they are plastic glasses that I got and took out the lenses this is what I did b/c of Boredom! =/ lol.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:30 am

Bear Down wrote:
DEAD wrote:

but CP is pretty much saying "show me that you guys are willing to build a championship team. If you can't do that, I want out." I'm cool with that.

LBJ gave CLE that chance. They didn't do that, so he left in free agency. I'm cool with that too.. i just didn't like the show idea.

CP is giving NO that chance, and so far they aren't doing much.. mostly because they can't really do anything for about 1-2 more years. CP wants to win now and they only way he can get out of NO is by getting traded.

and durant brought a TERRIBLE team to the playoffs.. won 50 games and took the lakers to 6 games.. would have been 7 if gasol didn't make that shot.

He has a good point. I mean, CP3 is way bigger than Rose is for Chicago as of now, and Kevin Durant is almost reaching CP3 level. Although, CP3 wants to win now, before it's too late. He's probably seeing LeBron put so much into a franchise, and just ditching it and getting that he can do the same and it won't be as big as deal as LeBron did.

Right now, I think that after Kevin Durant's season, more people would care about Kevin Durant then a kid who didn't play the whole season.

We've seen it all before, reshaping a franchise around one player. But does it really matter if it's Chris Paul or LeBron James or even Kevin Durant/ Derrick Rose.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:31 am

JRG wrote:
Mohammad wrote:

No well they are plastic glasses that I got and took out the lenses this is what I did b/c of Boredom! =/ lol.

Good now I know I'm not the only one who takes the lenses out and takes pictures with them. I have perfect eyesight, so having plastic glasses is sweet to me. lol
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 12:36 am

Mohammad wrote:
JRG wrote:
Mohammad wrote:

Good now I know I'm not the only one who takes the lenses out and takes pictures with them. I have perfect eyesight, so having plastic glasses is sweet to me. lol

LUCKY I just did this for fun lol.... My eyesight is really crappy =/.

Let CP3 do what he wants... I think it is natural he would want to leave these athletes play to win have that ring. If he feels that NOR does not give that chance let him fly free.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:00 am

Well the biggest difference between Paul and James is that CLE actually tried to build a better team. NO has done nothing but hand out bad contracts to oft injured players and fire the coach he liked playing for in Scott.

CP is huge to the NO community, but locally its no where near James' impact or his handling of his hour long BS show. Also unlike Paul, the Hornets have Collison... is he as good as Pau?... as of now no, but he can run the team as he proved last year.

Like LeBron I would hope things work out (which it didn't for CLE) in NO for Paul, but I wouldn't say it's surprising since he's voiced his displeasure with the NO brass for over two season...

So... sorry Khai.. I'm not let down or shocked in CP3.

I do think it's sad that these "superstars" are all trying to find the easy way out. It's a sad trend... and one that could leave franchises faceless... That's my biggest complaint.

Were is the desire to compete?

If this keeps up it could damage smaller franchises across the NBA.

We need more Durant's. Not more LeBron's.

Last edited by Nick C on Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:03 am

Nick C wrote:
Well the biggest difference between Paul and James is that CLE actually tried to build a better team. NO has done nothing but hand out bad contracts to oft injured players and fire the coach he liked playing for in Scott.

well... NO DID try... but like CLE, they just made the wrong moves. Okafor didn't work out. Peja didn't work out. Posey didn't work out. Chandler didn't work out.

they made moves to make them a playoff team.. not a championship team.

but I pretty much agreed with everything else.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:05 am

But he's given them two weeks to make them into a contender...that's a bit unfair.

And still, I understand he wants a championship or two, but is it really worth "cheating"?

By cheating, I mean teaming up with other superstars to win. I don't care what you say. It's cheating by all means. It makes it completely unfair to all other teams and destroys the cities that the superstars left. Chris Paul has a huge heart, but his brain isn't too big if he wants to leave New Orleans this early in his career.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:08 am

If CP3 goes to New York and makes Melo go too...I will move to Texas and blow up all of god damn New England for it...
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:12 am

Bear Down wrote:
Nick C wrote:

well... NO DID try... but like CLE, they just made the wrong moves. Okafor didn't work out. Peja didn't work out. Posey didn't work out. Chandler didn't work out.

I don't consider that trying.

I consider that obvious bad trades and signings. Okafor was an idiotic trade. They overpaid for Posey and everyone called it. Getting Mo' Peterson was just stupid. Peja was the best pick up, but his history of back injuries should of been a warning sign. Trading Chandler was a bad choice too. He was perfect for Paul even if he isn't a perfect player.

I think Cleveland gave James the right pieces. I think James and the inept coaching of Mike Brown screwed up CLE as did the match ups to ORL and BOS.

Also CP3 has been injured far more than LeBron. CP3 can't make much of a difference from the bench in a cast. But the team he had was limited injuries or not.

Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:25 am

Nick C wrote:
Bear Down wrote:
Nick C wrote:

I consider that obvious bad trades and signings. Okafor was an idiotic trade. They overpaid for Posey and everyone called it. Getting Mo' Peterson was just stupid. Peja was the best pick up, but his history of back injuries should of been a warning sign. Chandler too.

I think Cleveland gave James the right pieces. I think James and the inept coaching of Mike Brown screwed up CLE as did the match ups to ORL and BOS.

Also CP3 has been injured far more than LeBron. CP3 can't make much of a difference from the bench in a cast. But the team he had was limited injuries or not.

just cuz they ended up being bad moves doesn't mean they weren't trying. The bulls signed boozer [bad injury history]. if he gets injured or doesn't really do well, it would look like a horrible move.. but right now it looks like a good move. Posey was supposed to bring championship experience and toughness, Peja was supposed to bring an outside shot, Okafor was supposed to bring toughness downlow. everything just turned out bad for NO.. including Paul getting injured last season. what if Okafor played better with CP playing most of the games and full strength?

as for LBJ.. his teammates folded against ORL in the ECF. mo williams and west just sucked. Idc how much howard dominated.. if mo and west were hitting those easy ass shots, the cavs would have won.

Game 1- cavs lose by 1. Mo is 6-19, West is 4-13, bench had 5 points.
Game 3- cavs lose by 10-Mo was 5-16, bench had 8 points [LBJ shot poorly too. 11-28]
Game 4- cavs lose by 2- Mo was 5-15
Game6-cavs lose by 13. Mo played well.

how can the cavs expect to win when their 2nd best player plays that poorly? he missed A LOT of open jumpers that series.. nothing to do with mike brown in that one.

against Bos.. it was 90% coaching though
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar EmptyThu Jul 22, 2010 1:30 am

Bear Down wrote:
Nick C wrote:
Bear Down wrote:
Nick C wrote:

I consider that obvious bad trades and signings. Okafor was an idiotic trade. They overpaid for Posey and everyone called it. Getting Mo' Peterson was just stupid. Peja was the best pick up, but his history of back injuries should of been a warning sign. Chandler too.

just cuz they ended up being bad moves doesn't mean they weren't trying. The bulls signed boozer [bad injury history]. if he gets injured or doesn't really do well, it would look like a horrible move.. but right now it looks like a good move. Posey was supposed to bring championship experience and toughness, Peja was supposed to bring an outside shot, Okafor was supposed to bring toughness downlow. everything just turned out bad for NO.. including Paul getting injured last season. what if Okafor played better with CP playing most of the games and full strength?

as for LBJ.. his teammates folded against ORL in the ECF. mo williams and west just sucked. Idc how much howard dominated.. if mo and west were hitting those easy ass shots, the cavs would have won.

Game 1- cavs lose by 1. Mo is 6-19, West is 4-13, bench had 5 points.
Game 3- cavs lose by 10-Mo was 5-16, bench had 8 points [LBJ shot poorly too. 11-28]
Game 4- cavs lose by 2- Mo was 5-15
Game6-cavs lose by 13. Mo played well.

how can the cavs expect to win when their 2nd best player plays that poorly? he missed A LOT of open jumpers that series.. nothing to do with mike brown in that one.

against Bos.. it was 90% coaching though

Okay, but I don't think getting Boozer is a good move injured or not.

As for Orlando the reason Mo' Williams sucked was because they like almost every team that beat the Cavs figured out how to beat them. Guard the shit out of everyone else and let LeBron do all the work. Its the same tactics they used on Jordan.

That very much so a part of the coaching staff figuring out how to get it's shooters free and LeBron figuring out how to beat the defense. When the offense is "give LeBron the ball." it makes for a an easy offense to defend.

As for NO... I saw those as bad moves from the get go... So either the Hornets hire me so that they don't acquire players that won't be effective or the NO brass needs to fire their personel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar   Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Paul wants out of New Orleans to team up with superstar
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next