Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)

Go down 
+11
#1 Rockets Fan
Raza
YS
Saeed
Chosen One
KD35
Tar Heel
Nick C
Fox News
Chris
Mo
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thought it would be more organized to have something going all about the draft thread.

1. John Wall just taken by Washington Wizards.

I'll be in front of my computer a lot of it, so I'll keep a play by play update on here.

Last edited by Mohammad on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:43 pm

C: Cole Aldrich/Serge Ibaka
PF: Jeff Green/Nick Collison
SF: Kevin Durant/?
SG: Thabo Sefolasha/James Harden/Daequan Cook
PG: Russell Westbrook/Eric Maynor

We got a shooter in Cook, and a big man in Aldrich but, we took Mo-Pete who kind of sucks and well, Adric doesn't solve our low pose OFFENSE problems.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Would someone please tell Kahn he can pick MORE THAN ONE FUCKING POSITION in a draft? He's only picked small forwards so far. Johnson, Babbit and Booker. While they've traded away Booker, they're also going to get Webster. Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 5529
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:50 pm

lmfao

Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:54 pm

Man, everyone's getting traded around. My head hurts. Damion James is going to the Nets for the 27th and 31st pick.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:56 pm

Excellent...there's your backup for Durant! Pondexter will be a solid pro.

EDIT: Never mind, I forgot that pick is going to the Hornets. Sorry, Durantula...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:59 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
Would someone please tell Kahn he can pick MORE THAN ONE FUCKING POSITION in a draft? He's only picked small forwards so far. Johnson, Babbit and Booker. While they've traded away Booker, they're also going to get Webster. Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 5529

Check this mock draft out. ctrl+F "minnesota"
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:02 pm

Check what mock draft out?
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:03 pm

oh my bad.
fail on my part

http://disciplesofclyde.com/?p=1014
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:05 pm

Good god...they sure got the position right for Minny...maybe Kahn is getting all his players at each position with each draft? Last year it was PGs, this year its SFs, next three years he'll draft SGs, PFs, and Cs? Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 5529
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:07 pm

And then trade all of his remaining players for more draft picks
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:10 pm

LMFAO...I just actually read what they said next to Ebanks...

"With small forwards Wesley Johnson and Damian James already in the fold, my sources indicate that David Kahn absolutely MUST use this pick address his team’s glaring need at small forward."

lol!
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:11 pm

Awesomeness of epic proportions: Evan Turner's voice.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 pm

SK...why did the Magic pick Orton???
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:14 pm

I smell a Marcin Gortat+Vince Carter trade...

I heard a rumor but I forgot who they were targeting....I'll try to find it...
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:19 pm

YS wrote:
I smell a Marcin Gortat+Vince Carter trade...

I heard a rumor but I forgot who they were targeting....I'll try to find it...

Ooooh...that sounds interesting. That would certainly explain Orton.

Alright, Lazar Hayward! Like him, glad he got picked. Afraid that I'm a bit surprised he was taken in the first round, though.

Except...wait a minute...the T-Wolves got the 30th pick from the Wiz...does that mean...OH MY FUCKING GOD, KAHN PICKED THREE SMALL FORWARDS. WTF is he doing? Five PGs last year, 3 SFs this year... Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 5529

Last edited by CAguyofftoUNC on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:21 pm

20. San Antonio Spurs select James Anderson of Oklahoma State. (Yet another steal, we're drafting genius's).

21. Oklahoma City Thunder select Craig Brackins of Iowa State. Shout out from an Iowa fan, I know were rivals but Brackins is a tight player from Iowa State.

22. Portland Trailblazers select Elliott Williams of Memphis.

23. Minnesota Timberwolves select Trevor Booker of Clemson.

24. Atlanta Hawks select Damion Jones of Texas. (I was expecting him to go earlier then this!)

25. Memphis Grizzlies select Dominique Jones of South Florida.

26. Oklahoma City Thunder select Quincy Pondexter of Washington.

27. New Jersey Nets select Jordan Crawford of Xaiver. (why the hell wasn't this guy picked at like 21)

28. Memphis Grizzlies select Greivis Vasquez of Maryland. (I liked this guy out of Maryland)

29. Orlando Magic select Daniel Orton of Kentucky. (Lol, video was hilarious of him messing up).

30. The Washington Wizards select Lazar Hayward of Marquette University.

End of first round of the draft.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:23 pm

God damn, it's been 3 hours and only 1 round...
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:24 pm

I like the dude the Rockets got. I think he'll be a great replacement for Carl Landry. He's 6'9 and from KENTUCKY!! WOOHOO! Anyways... I can't wait to see what this guy does. Go Patrick Patterson!!!

BTW: What's up with the Purple and Gold layout? You know this is like a poison for me! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:25 pm

YS wrote:
Except...wait a minute...the T-Wolves got the 30th pick from the Wiz...does that mean...OH MY FUCKING GOD, KAHN PICKED THREE SMALL FORWARDS. WTF is he doing? Five PGs last year, 3 SFs this year... Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 5529

Stocking up like a good sale! But seriously, what damn direction is Minnesota heading. Damn I won't be expecting to see them in the playoffs for the next 7-10 years.

Last edited by Mohammad on Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:30 pm

#1 Rockets Fan wrote:
I like the dude the Rockets got. I think he'll be a great replacement for Carl Landry. He's 6'9 and from KENTUCKY!! WOOHOO! Anyways... I can't wait to see what this guy does. Go Patrick Patterson!!!

BTW: What's up with the Purple and Gold layout? You know this is like a poison for me! Shocked

Oh, I don't know, maybe because we WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP?
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Alright Durantula, you want a defensive low post presence? The Hawks are sending you the rights to Tibor Pleiss from Germany. Supposedly won't be ready to go this year, but season after next or a little longer, you'll have that low-post defender.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:31 pm

31. New Jersey Nets select Tibor Pleiss out of Germany. Rights are going to be dealt to OKC what the hell are they planning down OKC whatever it is seems like some mad scientist work.
Back to top Go down
#1 Rockets Fan
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
#1 Rockets Fan

Female Posts : 1181

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:33 pm

CAguyofftoUNC wrote:
#1 Rockets Fan wrote:

Oh, I don't know, maybe because we WON THE CHAMPIONSHIP?

Yeah, I kinda figured that, but it's giving me a major headache. I'll be back once the draft is over... or until the Rockets trade for another pick.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:35 pm

Lol...hey, if you skip back a couple pages, you'll see that I thought the Rockets made a great pick. Patterson is a perfect fit, and he gave all the right answers in his brief interview; he said he just wants to do whatever his teammates and coach think he should do to help the Rockets win.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:37 pm

Kings sure got a steal in Whiteside. And he has a great mentor now in Dalembert. In a few seasons, Thompson, Cousins and Whiteside will be one of the scariest frontcourt rotations in the NBA.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next