Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)

Go down 
+11
#1 Rockets Fan
Raza
YS
Saeed
Chosen One
KD35
Tar Heel
Nick C
Fox News
Chris
Mo
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1066

Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) Empty
PostSubject: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:38 pm

Thought it would be more organized to have something going all about the draft thread.

1. John Wall just taken by Washington Wizards.

I'll be in front of my computer a lot of it, so I'll keep a play by play update on here.

Last edited by Mohammad on Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:47 pm

2. Evan Turner taken by the Philadelphia 76ers. Favorite player in the draft this year, but going to a whack franchise.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:49 pm

3. The New Jersey Nets select Derrick Favors of Georgia Tech. That'll be good in NJ, maybe playing along side with Danny Granger next year? We'll see.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 7:55 pm

4. The Minnesota Timberwolves drat Wesley Johnson of Syracuse. Wasn't expecting to see a Foward go to Minnesota, good pick for Minnesota but definitely not the best available.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:01 pm

5. The Sacramento Kings select DeMarcus Cousins of the University of Kentucky. We were all expecting to see this, good pick out of the Kings finally get a dominant post who can rebound often. Good pick.

Going for a little bit, I'll be back around 7 or 8 and will probably do up to 15 or so. Then I'm out of here.
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:07 pm

Warriors picks Ekpe Udoh?wtf
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:20 pm

6. With the 6th pick the Golden State Warriors pick Ekpe Udoh from Baylor University. I was expecting him to go, he's a great player and can't wait to see him in the league.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:22 pm

Chris wrote:

A little surprising, but they were just taking the best available.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:24 pm

7. The Detroit Pistons select Greg Monroe from Georgetown.

8. The Los Angeles Clippers select Al- Farouq Aminu from Wake Forest. Coming on with the non prescription glasses looking fly. lol

Last edited by Mohammad on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:26 pm

9. The Utah Jazz select Gordon Hayward from Butler. Not a guy I was too fond of until the tournament, and I wasn't expecting him to go this early. One more side note: (not being racist) but how many damn white players do the Jazz need?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 pm

the warriors suck ass.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:32 pm

10. The Indiana Pacers select Paul George out of Fresno State University, Maybe playing along Devin Harris next year? Didn't expect him to go this high up I was expecting him in the later 10's. But, a good player.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

Mohammad wrote:
9. The Utah Jazz select Gordon Hayward from Butler. Not a guy I was too fond of until the tournament, and I wasn't expecting him to go this early. One more side note: (not being racist) but how many damn white players do the Jazz need?

As many as Indiana.

It's a competition between the two franchises.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Superskunk wrote:
the warriors suck ass.

Nothing new there. Team went downhill without Baron taking them to the 8th spot in the Playoffs.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Mohammad wrote:
Chris wrote:

Greg monroe???
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:34 pm

Nick C wrote:
Mohammad wrote:

As many as Indiana.

It's a competition between the two franchises.

Lol very true, but I always think of the Jazz as the predominately white team. Indiana was more "black-oriented" in the 90's.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:35 pm

Superskunk wrote:
Mohammad wrote:
Chris wrote:

Greg monroe???

Good point.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:38 pm

11. New Orleans Hornets select Cole Aldridge out of University of Kansas. *Frowns at Kansas* all I can say, not the biggest Kansas fan right here.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:45 pm

The New Orleans Hornets trade Cole Aldridge to Oklahoma City for 18th and 21st pick? (Rumor as of now, don't know for sure) (WTF?)

12. Memphis Grizzlies select Xaiver Henry from the University of Kansas. A player from Kansas who I actually like. Lefty shooting guard, and a great player.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:48 pm

Mohammad wrote:
11. New Orleans Hornets select Cole Aldridge out of University of Kansas. *Frowns at Kansas* all I can say, not the biggest Kansas fan right here.

You mean Cole LaFrentz Collison Ostertag Jr.?
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:49 pm

Hmmm. According to Yahoo, Aldrich is going to be dealt to the Thunder.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Looks like Toronto thinks Davis can be a serviceable replacement for Bosh...
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:51 pm

13. The Toronto Raptors select Ed Davis from the University of North Carolina. Looks like CAguy won't be seeing him around campus next year.

He probably won't be until the 2nd or 3rd year of his career, but he will "maybe" fit into Bosh's standards. But they're definitely expecting Bosh to leave.
Back to top Go down
Mo
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:54 pm

Nick C wrote:
Mohammad wrote:

You mean Cole LaFrentz Collison Ostertag Jr.?

Sounds about right.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 8:55 pm

noooooooooo i dont want aldrich!! aldrich,Meullens,Kristic............athletic big man better be happy to play us.mo pete and his failness nooooooo.please presti make another trade.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)   Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here) Empty

Back to top Go down

Draft thread: (post your thoughts and questions on here)
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next