Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

alston wants to be a knick

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

alston wants to be a knick Empty
PostSubject: alston wants to be a knick   alston wants to be a knick EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 1:18 pm

Quote :
After a stint with the Nets and Heat this season, Rafer Alston now finds himself as a free agent come July 1.

And if it was up to him, he'd be a Knick.

I'm a free agent. I'm hoping I can play here in New York ... the Knicks," Alston told Adam Zagoria of ZagsBlog.

"They do [need a point guard] and I would hope I could be it. I'll definitely have my agent [Dan Fegan] give them a call, see what's going on."

With Sergio Rodriguez likely heading back to Spain to play, and Chris Duhon now off the books, the Knicks could indeed use a point guard.

But Alston saw very little playing time with the Heat. And at 33 years of age, if the Knicks do indeed bring Alston aboard, it will likely be in a reserve role.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: alston wants to be a knick   alston wants to be a knick EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:07 pm

lol don't know if Tony would be alright with that.

His attitude kinda stinks; but he is a decent role player. But I am not sure if the Knicks would be willing to sign him cause they may be looking for younger guys...but at the same time, Alston could be useful as a veteran presence for the team.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: alston wants to be a knick   alston wants to be a knick EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:34 pm

He jsut got himself a contract. No doubt the knicks will sign him.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: alston wants to be a knick   alston wants to be a knick EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Tony liked Alston before he went to Miami last season. I don't know if it's the same now.

It would be a good move in my opinion though. Alston is solid defensively and a smart player in most offensive schemes. I don't know how well he would fit in a D'Antoni offense, but that type of game isn't going to win a championship either way. Alston would be a good player to bring in for a veteran's minimum or biannual exception.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: alston wants to be a knick   alston wants to be a knick Empty

Back to top Go down

alston wants to be a knick
Page 1 of 1