Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Nets buy out Rafer Alston

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

Nets buy out Rafer Alston Empty
PostSubject: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:23 pm

Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:27 pm

good pickup for Heat if they do it.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:42 pm

He was a Heat before. Go somewhere new, like PHX. Nash needs a replacement and I don't trust Dragic as a reliable backup. Alston can shoot the 3 and is a good ball handler and distributor. He can also defend. Perfect fit with PHX.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:47 pm

He'll see more PT in Miami Tony. Makes good sense for both sides to me. He will probably end up being the starter come playoff time, if he isn't right off the bat.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 5:55 pm

iBrownie wrote:
good pickup for Heat if they do it.

Yea theyd be soo much better, I mean Arroyo is a scrub.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:03 pm

Yah, idk why they start him :r
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:21 pm

Agreed Mario Chalmers is good it's not like Indiana who can afford to bench T.J. Ford for Earl Watson. Cause Earl Watson has proved to be a reliable backup in his career, but Arroyo really does suck he shouldn't start over Chalmers. Getting Alston back in Miami makes sense for them I see him as the starter for the season and the playoffs and he will be a good mentor for Chalmers and Arroyo should be regulated to what he deserves 11 minutes a night. However, I don't want to go back hating on Alston, like I did when he was in MIA with Wade, Odom, Eddie Jones, Caron Butler, Udonis Haslem, and Rasual Butler years back. I 've grown accustomed to liking Alston and I like PHX and I think he makes sense there. I would like him still if he went there.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:26 pm

Please Heat sign Rafer so that I will not have to see Arroyo start in another Heat game in the future. That guy is a horrible decision maker...
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:40 pm

No sign with the Suns so I can remain liking you. JO is different I like him even in MIA cause my liking for him was always high. I always liked Altson, but it's not a liking that is strong enough that can stand the tests of becoming a Heat once more. Therefore, yeah Alston to PHX.

PG. STEVE NASH
SG. JASON RICHARDSON
SF. GRANT HILL
PF. AMAR'E STOUDAMIRE
C. CHANNING FRYE
6. Jared Dudley
7. Rafer Alston
8. Leandro Barbosa
9. Louis Amundson - I love this dude!!!Fave Suns bench player
10. Goran Drafic - Where you belong!!!
11. Robin Lopez
12. Jarron Collins

Come on this is why you traded Alando Tucker for Jason Hart and then waive Hart as a salary dump in the 1st place. Alston makes sense get it done.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 6:44 pm

Alston don't make sense at all for the Suns, lol.

Have all star PG in Nash, then two others who can play the position in Dragic and Barbosa. Neither is great, but either way he'd still be behind Nash. He gets a chance to start on a playoff caliber team in Miami. Just dumb of him to go anywhere else.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:19 am

I've never seen Barbosa at the point he's exclusively used at the 2. I would know I like Barbosa and always hoped NY would trade Nate for Barbosa. Until Barbosa got that 5 year deal then I was like fuck it. And Dragic plain and simple sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nets buy out Rafer Alston   Nets buy out Rafer Alston Empty

Back to top Go down

Nets buy out Rafer Alston
Page 1 of 1