Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?

Go down 
+8
Raza
Darko
3-peat
Chosen One
Fox News
John14
BNB
cbi
12 posters
AuthorMessage
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? Empty
PostSubject: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:35 pm

saw this q on YA and it was interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:42 pm

Well I think artest is a better defender than Ariza.. and he has done a good job with pierce for the most part this series. Artests only problem is that he still doens't really know the offense.. Ariza did.

but I still think they would be down 3-2. This series isn't being decided because of Artest.. the lakers bench has been inconsistent and they aren't clicking on offense at the same time. One quarter Gasol will be hot, the next kobe will get hot.. Q after that it's fisher.. but the other guys are nowhere to be found..
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

Male Posts : 3251

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:45 pm

yes cause than pierce would have 5 good games not 2 or 3 cause ariza is a bad defender from what i saw
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 2:51 pm

bball playa (from y/a) wrote:
yes cause than pierce would have 5 good games not 2 or 3 cause ariza is a bad defender from what i saw

Ariza isn't a bad defender.. he's just not as physical as Artest.
Back to top Go down
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 3:23 pm

But he wouldnt be good on pierce either...
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:11 pm

No..theyd be down 4-0
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 4:12 pm

I cant stop laughing at ur avi Visa haha
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:00 pm

Yea I still think so

Ariza is a good role player on offense.....unlike Artest.....

But Artest is a lockdown defender. For the first 3 games I would say Ron locked down Paul, but now Pul found a rythem....mainly cause he is using much more pick and rolls

Plus its not like Ariza can create his own shot either. Unless Kobe or the triangle offense finds him he aint gonna score or get much touches.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:45 pm

This is crazy. Were better with Artest easily. 2 wins left on the board. 2 games left for the championship. We got this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
John14
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
John14

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:57 pm

Artest did better an we would still be down
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 6:09 pm

They would be worse...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 8:11 pm

If the Lakers still had Ariza instead of Artest, Durant would have picked apart the Lakers and they might not even had made it out of that round...
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 10:03 pm

I've seen and heard both sides of the argument. Durant might have presented more of a challenge in the first round had they kept Ariza, but I think he'd be doing a better job knocking down open shots than Artest, who oddly seems like he can only make tough ones (and not a great percentage of them either). Again, Ariza wasn't very good from long distance this year either, so I don't know if that stretch in the playoffs could be duplicated. He isn't as physical of a defender, and while he can make the offense a little quicker (more fast breaks), I don't know if having him would make the team better or worse. I'm inclined to believe Artest was the right choice, in the way that he locked down Durant as well as anyone could have, and then slowed Pierce. Last night's game really opens it for debate, though. He didn't play defense. He didn't play offense, and he was not doing much of anything productive for the Lakers. A player like Ariza might always be active and making something happen, whereas Ron Artest sometimes just look slow.

Either way, I don't think we'll ever know because we only get to see this version of the Laker lineup play out, and not one with Ariza. I guess I'd say yes they'd still be down 3-2 because Artest is not the only poor player offensively in this series.
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:53 am

The thing I have a problem is his offense his defense not as much but his O VERY MUCHO... in yesterdays game they had a fast break and Artest was running I SWEAR ... HE IS THE SLOWEST PLAYER!!! EVER!! gets on my nerves lol...
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:42 am

He's good player
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:53 pm

Class2010 wrote:
The thing I have a problem is his offense his defense not as much
So you have a problem with his D too?lol
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 3:21 pm

The Lakers are missing Bynum now. If he is healthy they can win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?   if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2? Empty

Back to top Go down

if the lakers still had ariza instead of artest would they be down 3-2?
Page 1 of 1