Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......

Go down 
+10
Awesome
Straight Edge Bluntness
Nick C
Raza
Koolish
Tar Heel
Chosen One
cbi
lozan :)
Janet
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... Empty
PostSubject: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 8:52 pm

I don't know how many here graduated this year I think CAguy graduated this year . I know few people already grduated High School . So here are going next year or still in High School .

All I can say is WOW 4 Years went by SUPER Fast trust me you think freshman year it feels like FOREVER! but before you know you are signing year books and giving hugs and all that stuff =(.

The only advice is keep your grades up and learn to balance everything
... simple get your priorities straight and you will do fine and have fun =]

For me High school was let me break it down my experience
Freshman year- I was lost as hell lol... did bad in geometry and biology[ try having a class at 7am with a sarcastic / mean teacher @ 7AM!] hanging out by the shade with my friends it was good =] I did soccer .

Sophmore year- I hated it tried to balance school, soccer, and friend problems ehh pain in the ass but I made it .

Junior year- The hardest school wise still trying to balance that with soccer . I had no friend problems thank goodness =)

Senior yeear- A lot of hanging out with friends and people and getting yelled at by my mom for it =) but worth it . I experience and learned from my stupidy .... STUPIDITY . Keeping up grades and just saying our good byes to everyone who I cared for .

I graduate next thursday =)... =( .

So what do you remember of High School , liked it hate it ? . If you are currently in High School what do you think about it ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:12 pm

CONGRATS ON GRADUATING JANET!!
well almost graduating (:

Yeah I know what you mean 4 years do go by fast, I'm going into my senior year this upcoming school year, and I'm excited but its a bittersweet type of feeling

Freshman - lol, same as you, lost, awkward, trying to find that place you fit into w/ all the other ppl. My grades were high I was top 10 in my class but it was just a weird year

Sophmore - HATED it! I was depressed through it, just alot of bad things happened in my life during that time that i dont wanna revisit..

Junior - Like you it was the hardest school wise, but I still liked it, I had my friends, plus I became alotmore talkative and outgoing no longer the shy girl Very Happy But my grades kinda slipped too

Senior - Can't wait, I'm really excited about my last year, but like I aid also kinda sad =[

Again Congrats (:
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:15 pm

i start high school next week... too many people moving or not going to parma... gonna suck
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:18 pm

Im in my freshman year

Im in my freshman year.......yea kinda awkward
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Female Posts : 5260

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:24 pm

cbi wrote:
i start high school next week... too many people moving or not going to parma... gonna suck

you start high school next week?
dont you have summer vaca?
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:32 pm

I would normally graduate next Saturday after a few more school days left to go, but due to some extenuating family circumstances I finished this past Wednesday, and I had my college orientation yesterday and the day before that.

Freshman year was okay, sophomore year has been repressed from my memory because of how awful it was lol, junior year was pretty fun, and senior year was mostly good except for the past couple days.

Overall, I will not miss high school, but I will miss multiple friends and a few teachers from it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:43 pm

So...where are you going after high school is over?
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:49 pm

Peaches (: wrote:
cbi wrote:

you start high school next week?
dont you have summer vaca?
oh.. messed that up :/

I end middle school next week, start high school next school year
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 9:51 pm

LOL JANET GRADUATED ; D

Congrats!

I'm moving into junior year in high school next year..the year where what you do actually matters.
Blah.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 10:29 pm

Congrats Janet.

Enjoy the summer because it gets even crazier going from high school to being a responsible young adult and going to college.

I survived both. I know you can too.

Freshman year: I moved to a new city (from Aurora to Denver, Co) and had to make new friends. I hung out with the jocks, nerds, gangbangers, rockers, artists, goths, stoners and so forth. Had okay enough grades and made the varsity basketball team as a freshman.

Sophomore year: Became a gangbanger, got into selling weed. partied a lot. Got into fights. One of my closest friends was killed on Halloween night by an ex who become a rival gang member and had him shot infront of his little sisters while trick or treating. Went into a deeper spiral and then I got saved by my art and drama class teachers.

Sorta...

Junior year: Got kicked out of school for fighting and for getting busted with drugs, but not before I got to play a high school game against George Washington High and some kid named Chauncey Billups... who knows what happened to that guy... he was a pretty good player though. My drama teacher recommended an alternative high school to me and my mom. I was a junior with sophomore credits. Inglewood Atlernative High School then saved my life. I had the best teachers I had ever had who actually cared about you.

Went from a 1.2 GPA to a 3.8 by my...

Senoir year: Took college level courses in math, history and english. Never missed a day of school regardless of snow, sleet or rain. Had my first full-time girlfriend. Won awards for acting and art. Graduated on time and at the head of my class.

I had completely changed my life.

And just in time... because then I moved to Long Beach, California.

I loved high school.
Back to top Go down
Koolish
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Koolish

Female Posts : 2765

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Nick C wrote:
Congrats Janet.

Enjoy the summer because it gets even crazier going from high school to being a responsible young adult and going to college.

I survived both. I know you can too.

Freshman year: I moved to a new city (from Aurora to Denver, Co) and had to make new friends. I hung out with the jocks, nerds, gangbangers, rockers, artists, goths, stoners and so forth. Had okay enough grades and made the varsity basketball team as a freshman.

Sophomore year: Became a gangbanger, got into selling weed. partied a lot. Got into fights. One of my closest friends was killed on Halloween night by an ex who become a rival gang member and had him shot infront of his little sisters while trick or treating. Went into a deeper spiral and then I got saved by my art and drama class teachers.

Sorta...

Junior year: Got kicked out of school for fighting and for getting busted with drugs, but not before I got to play a high school game against George Washington High and some kid named Chauncey Billups... who knows what happened to that guy... he was a pretty good player though. My drama teacher recommended an alternative high school to me and my mom. I was a junior with sophomore credits. Inglewood Atlernative High School then saved my life. I had the best teachers I had ever had who actually cared about you.

Went from a 1.2 GPA to a 3.8 by my...

Senoir year: Took college level courses in math, history and english. Never missed a day of school regardless of snow, sleet or rain. Had my first full-time girlfriend. Won awards for acting and art. Graduated on time and at the head of my class.

I had completely changed my life.

And just in time... because then I moved to Long Beach, California.

I loved high school.

WOW.. 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... 218417
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:44 am

Awesome, congrats girl!

Personally, I did not enjoy high school very...especially my final year due to drama and stuff like that. It was okaaaay; but I prefer university life much more. It depends...you may enjoy the freedoms associated with being a university student (e.g. skipping class as frequently as you like, not having to do homework...rather, just assignments).

Though, the only thing I liked about high school is that some of the teachers were more caring (excluding the racist ones I had) and it was easier to make friends because the school was smaller...in university...it is a more individualistic environment and it is harder to meet new people (unless you get involved in your campus...or if your program has smaller classes).

Anyway, great job surviving high school and good luck in your post-secondary education studies! yay!

and Nick...props to you dude. 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... 175307
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:45 am

Yeah, where are you headed Janet??? College? Job? The service? I remember talking about post-high school plans in another, older thread but I can't find it...
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

Male Posts : 1852

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:50 am

Congrats Janet! I'm almost there. So far...

freshman- I was out of control. I wasn't awkward like a lot of people, I was moer outgoing then than I am now. I got in trouble a lot, and my grades sucked.

10th grade- ehh. I stayed depressed and by myself this year for some reason. I like fell in love with some girl, and my grades still sucked. I had good moments, but it sucked for the most part. It got better when i moved

11th grade- lol. My grades have never been higher. This year was pretty easy and fun. I got into a lot of trouble this year, but nothing serious, just stupid stuff. cool year.

12th grade- I'm going to finish high school at the community college so that should be fun. Hoep to meet a nice white girl and ride of into the sunset!

what are you doing to do now janet?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/straightofdahood
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:53 am

OMG Nick...you played with Chauncey Billups? And seemingly a lot of drug problems....

This kid probably isn't going to the next Billups, but he should be something good. His name is Kahlil Dukes. He averaged 30 points a game. Best part? He was a freshman.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 12:59 am

Wow, Congrats Janet.

I'm pretty much the same with Peaches and I'm also entering my Senior year in highschool like her.

Freshman - Trying to fit in. I got some high grades and was regarded as one of the top 5 intelligent students in my class. Man, I missed those grades.

Sophomore - I thought it was like my freshman year. I got all frustrated up and my group of people were underachievers. My social life was fine but my grades and confidence kinda went down. I thought I had a lot of enemies back then.

Junior - Perfect year for my social life. I got along with everyone. You name it, jerk jocks, nerds, emos etc. My grades went down horribly especially Advanced Algebra and Research. I didn't have the same touch in Math when I was in my freshman year than now. Decent prom night. Danced only 10 girls (I'm pathetic).

Senior - I'm just starting my senior year tomorrow. Any tips?
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:14 am

Oh yeah thanks everyone =] It has not hit me No more high school EVER... I think it will hit me the next day on friday after I wake up. Oh how could I forget I got a Job this year so that got in the way lol of many things GRRRR!!!! =/

Im going to college =] I can't wait lol

Tips for senior year - HAVE FUN cherish your friends well the good ones at least, but balance that with school ... if you don't keep up your grades some teachers don't give a sh.... they won't pass you =/.

but what I am NOT GOING TO MISS IS ... the BS / fake drama crap like really some of it thinking about was not worth it .

Oh Nick wow man you are proof people can chance and turn their life around .

Oh I was deciding between Saint Mary's college in cali or sjsu ... It was a hard choice but went with sjsu b.c it is WAY WAY WAY CHEAPER ... and more close to my house so there ya go .

Oh yeah i am going to miss my junior year english teacher .... that man was the bomb =] still is did a lot for me wrote a good reccomendation letter , let us do work in his class during lunch and brunch , he would make an effort to talk to you actually cared... so Im going to miss him .
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:38 am

i dont goes ta school...i just get high....and ima turn into an allpro leftackle...just wanted 2 say dat
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:26 am

I hated HS although I did leave my HS doors with many fond memories and some of the best friends a chico that views life on the opposite side of the tracks could ask for. I did very well in HS made many friends cause I was a class clown type that did and still plays life randomly doing many random things. Didn't care at all about my academics would much rather have a good time and wing things and I graduated all honors and with an academic scholarship that I decided to use after my sports scholarship didn't fall through.

Anyways, let me tell you this life moves freaking fast. One minute you graduate HS and the next minute after a fun-filled crazed summer of your graduating year if your going to college then you are going to learn a lot about yourself and grow as a person and experience a lot of new things. And this is the time you will look back at your HS life and say oh wow college is way more liberating in so many different ways. Also you will see this and it can be sad if it happens but you may lose touch with a lot of the people you knew in HS. This is the time you will find out who your real friends were in your HS years. I still keep in touch HS friends of mine and still consider them best friends. All of these people though I have known since Kindergarten and elementary school though. The rest I see by and by here and there and I see them more as acquiantances or do not see any of them at all and these are people I used to see daily and consider friends. Anyways congrats and enjoy. Life moves freaking fast right now I'm gonna be entering the 3rd year of my collegiate life and in 4 months from now I can legally drink in the USA. Happy about the last one Smile not so sure about the 3rd year of college I'm getting taxes old soon Sad and I may have to go to the real world soon enough. Once again enjoy this summer and life after HS Smile
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 7:04 am

Congrats
Back to top Go down
Rush
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Rush

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 2:24 pm

JanƎt wrote:
I don't know how many here graduated this year I think CAguy graduated this year . I know few people already grduated High School . So here are going next year or still in High School .

All I can say is WOW 4 Years went by SUPER Fast trust me you think freshman year it feels like FOREVER! but before you know you are signing year books and giving hugs and all that stuff =(.

The only advice is keep your grades up and learn to balance everything
... simple get your priorities straight and you will do fine and have fun =]

For me High school was let me break it down my experience
Freshman year- I was lost as hell lol... did bad in geometry and biology[ try having a class at 7am with a sarcastic / mean teacher @ 7AM!] hanging out by the shade with my friends it was good =] I did soccer .

Sophmore year- I hated it tried to balance school, soccer, and friend problems ehh pain in the ass but I made it .

Junior year- The hardest school wise still trying to balance that with soccer . I had no friend problems thank goodness =)

Senior yeear- A lot of hanging out with friends and people and getting yelled at by my mom for it =) but worth it . I experience and learned from my stupidy .... STUPIDITY . Keeping up grades and just saying our good byes to everyone who I cared for .

I graduate next thursday =)... =( .

So what do you remember of High School , liked it hate it ? . If you are currently in High School what do you think about it ?

Congratulations Janet Smile What else are you planning to be?.. I'm currently in gr 8. lol jks. grade 10.. it's very cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......   4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!...... Empty

Back to top Go down

4 Years of High School OVER!!!!!......
Page 1 of 1