Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser

Go down 
+7
Andy's swingman ;)
YS
cbi
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
King Of NJ
11 posters
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser Empty
PostSubject: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:41 pm

I honestly believe theres no such term as "sore loser"

if you get pissed at losing it should be a good thing because it shows you're competition and want to win and would do what it takes to win.

Losing should be the worst thing that could happen when you play a game if you're playing for real.

I get pissed whenever I lose. Sometimes in a street ball game at times but usually dont since it doesnt count 4 much but theres been times where I have been mad too

In a real game I always hated and get pissed off at losing and usually dont talk to anybody for hours after

You should always show sportsmanship I believe, and there is a such thing as bad sportsmanship but no such thing as being a "sore loser"
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 2:57 pm

A sore loser, to me, is defined as someone who tries to justify a loss with an excuse. For example, if a player complains that the reason why their team lost is because the refs screwed them over (when that is clearly not the case in that scenario), then I think they are being a sore loser.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:03 pm

That is true, I've said that before out of frustration though but still give the other team or person credit lol

I've said it in my head though not publically
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 3:07 pm

In your example you provided previously, I would not call that being a sore loser; maybe bitter, but that is about it. lol.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:14 pm

good sportsmanship requires you at least congratulate the other team. of course you don't want to lose, but you have to be able to come to terms with it when it does happen. nobody always wins, and their sportsmanship shows through most when they do lose. if you can't accept it, you really are being a sore loser, because your drive to win has prevented you from accepting a loss. again, everyone wants to win, but losing is not the end of the world. just accept it and move on.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:25 pm

I always congratulate and shake hands and still act friendly towards the other team though.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:30 pm

its just a loss. that's all it should be. do better next time.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:31 pm

today i lost in 2k10.. and i punched the ground.. and it felt like i broke my hand....

so i took a nap.

still hurts. D:
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:33 pm

Lol I broke my XBox headset because I threw it getting pissed after losing in Madden lol
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:35 pm

I hate video games.

thats the onlyt ime i get mad when im losing.. when im losing to the PS3.. i hurt myself ):

Im a happy loser usually Very Happy
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:46 pm

Lol Im usually calm but video games for some reason have a tendancy to piss u off

when I failed a mission in Grand Theft Auto San Andreas once I got pissed and threw my chair accross the room lol
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 6:54 pm

If a person throws a fit and starts cursing at everyone. Then he is being a sore loser, no matter how you look at it.

However, if he's just mad at himself...then no...its not being a sore loser.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 21, 2010 8:35 pm

and if I did good and had a great game I feel somewhat decent

If I did worse than I thought I could it takes a while for me to let it go. Big games feel the worst to lose and I hate it

Theres no feeling worse than losing and none greater than winning
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

Male Posts : 925

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 12:32 am

hahaha CBI. It's just a video game man, it's not even real and you punch the ground in frustration Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser 900593.

How i define 'sore loser', is if you can't hack a loss, then you start blaming referees, your other teammates, but you don't blame yourself. If you are blaming other people except yourself, then you are a sore loser. They also tend to think they played the perfect game and in no way was anything their fault.
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 2:53 am

SRF: Go Spurs Go! wrote:
A sore loser, to me, is defined as someone who tries to justify a loss with an excuse. For example, if a player complains that the reason why their team lost is because the refs screwed them over (when that is clearly not the case in that scenario), then I think they are being a sore loser.

100% agreed.

Just in short, a person should be mad at his/her weaknesses. Not at the winner.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 9:19 am

Being a sore loser isnt getting pissed at losing...atleast not in my book..I consider a sore loser someone who refuses to shake hands with an opponent, Makes excuses ( rim is bent,The field is to wet,the raquet is to loose,the bases are to far apart, the goal is offset ETc)...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 pm

Stephswagger wrote:
Being a sore loser isnt getting pissed at losing...atleast not in my book..I consider a sore loser someone who refuses to shake hands with an opponent, Makes excuses ( rim is bent,The field is to wet,the raquet is to loose,the bases are to far apart, the goal is offset ETc)...

yuuupppp.
That as well. Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser 372102
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:06 pm

Nice Question.

There is a very big difference between a good loser and a sore loser, and in your paragraph, you described a good loser. Nobody enjoys losing, but a good loser acknowledges his opponents vitory and sees each loss as either a stepping stone or a reality check. A sore loser degrades his opponent and never wins because he never learns. to succumb to the will of internal emotion is a sign of weakness.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
EM:)

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyThu Apr 22, 2010 8:48 pm

quote of sexual misconduct of the day...

I hope winning (she) was a horse so I could ride it majestically off into the sunset...
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser EmptyWed Apr 28, 2010 4:07 pm

I like what Jaleesa said. Making excuses when you lose is being a sore loser imo. like "the refs were on their side" or "they got lucky" or "we were injured" etc.

not shaking hands, trash talking and w/e is considered bad sportsmanship in my book.. and you can show bad sportsmanship when you win too... so I don't think that's being a sore loser.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser   Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser Empty

Back to top Go down

Why do people believe there really is something long with being a sore loser
Page 1 of 1