Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?

Go down 
+9
cbi
brownie13
Straight Edge Bluntness
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Darko
Raza
KD35
Steve
BNB
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Is the NBA post-season too long?
Yes
Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? Vote_lcap27%Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? Vote_rcap
 27% [ 3 ]
No
Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? Vote_lcap73%Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? Vote_rcap
 73% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? Empty
PostSubject: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:02 pm

They start mid April, and finish up mid June.

Idk about you, but I think thats way too long.

They should go back to having 5 game series in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:04 pm

Absolutely not, the more basketball the better!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:04 pm

7 game series are too predictable though.

You know who is gonna win every single time
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:05 pm

I like it. Its more exciting to me. Plus, in a 7 game series, there is an increased chance of seeing an amazing game. Also, if it went to 5 games, the Magic wouldn't end up being in the Finals as well.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 pm

RƠƇҠ ƠƝ wrote:

There has still been upsets, like the Warriors over the Mavs
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:06 pm

KiD Delicious- The FuturE wrote:
I like it. Its more exciting to me. Plus, in a 7 game series, there is an increased chance of seeing an amazing game. Also, if it went to 5 games, the Magic wouldn't end up being in the Finals as well.

Exactly. Upsets are great!!

That means a few years ago the lakers would have upset the Suns when they were up 3-1.

Thats why I like March madness so much. There are so many upsets
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:07 pm

Walter wrote:
RƠƇҠ ƠƝ wrote:

There has still been upsets, like the Warriors over the Mavs

see... and people will be talking about that for a while.

I actually picked the warriors to win that series. If you watched them play throughout the season, the warriors owned the mavs 3 out of the 4 times they played.

So it wasn't shocking
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:08 pm

RƠƇҠ ƠƝ wrote:
I actually picked the warriors to win that series. If you watched them play throughout the season, the warriors owned the mavs 3 out of the 4 times they played.

So it wasn't shocking

A 42-40 team upsetting a 65-17 team in the playoffs is shocking, no matter what the circumstance.

Best of 7 series are first team to 4 wins advances. Best of 5 series are first team to 3 wins advances. Not too much of a big difference.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:09 pm

No....
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:11 pm

Raza wrote:
RƠƇҠ ƠƝ wrote:

So it wasn't shocking

A 42-40 team upsetting a 65-17 team in the playoffs is shocking, no matter what the circumstance.

Best of 7 series are first team to 4 wins advances. Best of 5 series are first team to 3 wins advances. Not too much of a big difference.

it actually is a big difference. There are a lot of times when the underdog team is leading the series 3-2, then the top seed beats them out.

like the Celtics were leading the Magic 3 games to 2 games this year. If it was a 5 game series that would have been a huge upset because they were without KG, and then the cavs might have been in the finals and we finally would have seen LeBron vs Kobe
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:12 pm

True. I love March Madness as well coz of all the upsets. Rock On, you do make a point, With a shorter series, there is a greater chance for upsets.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 pm

if you're lookning for upsets:

A 7 game series would make it tougher for an underdog team to win obviously.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:13 pm

And agian, if you watched the Mavs play the Warriors in the regular season that year, you wouldn't have been surprised when the beat the Mavs in the playoffs.

the match-ups clearly favored the warriors.

I picked the warriors in 7, but they did it in 6
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:15 pm

I like it the way it is. Longer playoffs=shorter offseason and that's ideal to me.

Plus, with the 7 game series, it allows the stronger team to have the chance to come back and take the series. I'm not a fan of upsets, I like it when the team that should win, does win.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:16 pm

jade wrote:
I like it the way it is. Longer playoffs=shorter offseason and that's ideal to me.

Plus, with the 7 game series, it allows the stronger team to have the chance to come back and take the series. I'm not a fan of upsets, I like it when the team that should win, does win.

well then, thats why hahaha.

I love upsets. unless my team is on the wrong end of it
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 pm

jade has a point. imo whenever an underdog team wins, it usually gets destroyed in the next round. if the stroger team wins, you could c better games throughout the next series and u could c batter games throughout the playoffs overall

woah i confuzzled myself
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 pm

lol

But what's so great about upsets? If the Clippers eliminate the Lakers or Spurs next year in the playoffs, that would be an upset. So let's say they make it to the second round and get eliminated by the Mavs................ which Should happen because Mavs>Clippers. So what's the point? We all know that he Clippers wont make it to the finals lol, so why are upsets so fascinating to begin with?

lol I'm not saying that anyone is wrong, I'm just trying to understand why people like upsets? We all know that the weaker team wont make it far anyway.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 pm

I agree with Jade.

Too many upsets in the playoffs though mean that the team that aren't as good (and in some cases, don't work as hard during the regular season) can advance further and potentially win the championship even though they did not even play like a championship team during the regular season. That would be totally unfair to other teams that had a much more consistent season and then their efforts go down the drain.

Thank goodness the playoffs are not like one game per series, or there would be a crapload of upsets.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Do you watch football?

The arizona cardianls were picked to lose in the first round.

they ended up winning.

second round, people picked them to lose again and get blown out. they won.

Third round.
again, people thought they would lose and get blown out. They won.

Superbowl- they finally lost, but they put up a hell of a fight.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:23 pm

RƠƇҠ ƠƝ wrote:
Do you watch football?

The arizona cardianls were picked to lose in the first round.

they ended up winning.

second round, people picked them to lose again and get blown out. they won.

Third round.
again, people thought they would lose and get blown out. They won.

Superbowl- they finally lost, but they put up a hell of a fight.

I guess the element of surprise is what you guys like about upsets?

I hate that lol.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:24 pm

7 game series kill most upsets, but I like the longer playoffs. More games, and when somebody does make an upset you know they deserved it. In the NCAA, teams will upset a big school and its fun during that game, but when they play another good team the next game, usually its no fun to watch because its not close. Say if the 6 beat the 3 in the East and had to play the 2. That series probably would not have been as close or as fun to watch as a 2 3 matchup. The way it is set now benefits the best teams and the league the most, which always means more money. Usually I have a problem with Stern and him trying to always make everything about money, but I like the effect that longer playoffs have. They just need to fix the officiating.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:26 pm

true sometimes upsets go far.

I know 1 upset i would love to c Smile

Thunder sqeak into the playoffs. Then, we upset every single other team(add food poisoning to their food haha!!) and wi n the nba title!! then LeBron joins okc!! and and and um ima go get a ice cream cone!
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:26 pm

Darko wrote:
No....
Nice controbution to the discussion there, buddy ol' pal.

That's it.

lol jk.

I do think they're a bit long.. it gets a little old honestly. I'd love to see a 5 game first round.. makes the series much less predictable and fun.. and intense and stuff.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Remember the knicks?

they were an 8 seed when the playoffs was 5 games a series.

they made it all the way to the finals
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 9:27 pm

Yes Jade.... its exciting hahahah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?   Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you think the NBA playoffs are too long?
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next