Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?

Go down 
+11
Justin
Tar Heel
brownie13
3-peat
J
YK (Alive)
KD35
Raza
cbi
Darko
Saeed
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? Empty
PostSubject: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 5:53 am

A) Dejaun Blaire dropping down all the way to 37 (by the Spurs), and being drafted right after teammate Sam Young.

B) Kings draft Tyreke Evans in the draft, while all hype from Sac-town in getting Rubio.

I know they are stupid, but...
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 7:07 am

B)i think Kings did the right call even tough i haven't see Evans play.I think Rubio is overhypeped and little bit overrated so it's safer with Tyreke
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 12:57 pm

A for sure....

I mean this kid probably won't be a star in the NBA but he's almost guaranteed to be a good role player.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 1:27 pm

A

DeJuan Blaur was DEFINITELY a Top 15ish pick, and he dropped all the way to 37. My question is why didn't the Nuggets draft him? They had like the 34th pick. Instead they picked Sergio Llull, who I have never even heard of.
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:08 pm

A for sure. That guy went so far down it wasn't even funny. Spurs got lucky again. He won't be a star but will be a solid player. I started checking on the draft from the 18 pick. I thought Blair was already drafted earlier. Then I see the Spurs take him all of a sudden with a 30 something pick and I'm like WTH?
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 6:10 pm

Balir will help the Spurs who have excellent expiernce from the drafts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:29 pm

For me, Hansborough going 13th to Indiana was crazy. Then I thought that he's at least consistently hard working so I chilled a bit.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:37 pm

Hansborough lost a lot of spots. He was being called the best player in college, but he got bumped down because people said he couldn't be physical enough. I think 13 was pretty good for him
Back to top Go down
YK (Alive)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
YK (Alive)

Male Posts : 5676

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:11 pm

Tyler Hansborough (Sorry me spell it wrong) dropping to number 12 (I think)
I really thought Tyler was going to be 5 or 6. But why is he number 12?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/YK13
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:16 pm

YK(YahooKing) wrote:

Because people thought he couldn't be physical enough or strong enough to play with the NBA bigs
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:20 pm

The biggest surprise is the Dallas MAvericks taking Rodrigue Beabuois at what 23?

Yall will see in a couple of years. This guy will probably be the second best point to come out of this draft to Tyreke Evans.

Yes, better than Lawson, and I'm a UNC fan.
Back to top Go down
YK (Alive)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
YK (Alive)

Male Posts : 5676

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 2:25 pm

Raza wrote:
YK(YahooKing) wrote:

Because people thought he couldn't be physical enough or strong enough to play with the NBA bigs

true but I really think UNC won because of him. w/o him, UNC wouldn't have won.
He should be in 8-10
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/YK13
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 3:44 pm

No all Hans is gonna be is a hustle man. An Anderson Varejao or Luke Walton and nothing else. He went too high. Should of went early second round or very late first round.
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:22 pm

I agree with CBI. He went a little high. Not to mention that UNC had Ty Lawson (IMO the best point guard in the league) and Wayne Ellington (a top 5 offensive player in the league), along with Danny Green who is a deadly shooter and has tough defense, while Deon Thompson is a monster on the boards and is a good shot blocker. And, they have a great coach with Roy Williams, who is like the Doc Rivers of the NCAA.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:38 am

Why are we saying he's going too high? Wasn't he like, the best player in the NCAA??? Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:43 am

Probably the Kings not taking Rubio. I was all set to start crying my eyes out when they took the over-hyped Ricky Rubio and everyone at the draft party was waiting for it to happen. Then out of the blue we took the most NBA ready player in the draft besides Blake Griffin.

Thank you Maloof Brothers for that small blessing, now we should go for a center next year.
Back to top Go down
3-peat
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
3-peat

Male Posts : 14345

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 4:20 am

bra i was most suprised by when timberwolves took 2 guards LOL
i was like wth are they up to....but it was real smart

Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? Kb2410
Back to top Go down
http://www.justin.tv/kobefanz/profile
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 5:00 am

KB24 is right, drafting two point guards, even if one takes two years to get here, is a surprise.
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:29 pm

I couldn't believe DeJuan Blair slipped to 37. The Spurs had another great draft because of that alone.
Back to top Go down
Justin
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Justin

Male Posts : 1415

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptyFri Aug 14, 2009 8:47 pm

A. DeJuan Blair Dropping

It was shocking!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:15 am

Justin wrote:
A. DeJuan Blair Dropping

It was shocking!

I agree, He was suppose to go at like 16. He dropped to the second round to the Spurs. I'm happy about it, so I'm not going to complain.

Other one, I was surprised that the Timberwolves took two guards. They could've taken anyone and they took Rubio instead of some other picks...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:23 am

I stil can't believe my Nuggets didn't take Blair with the 34th pick.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:23 am

Raza wrote:
I stil can't believe my Nuggets didn't take Blair with the 34th pick.

One reason the Spurs are smarter, they take the smartest pick possible.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:24 am

The Nuggets drafted Sergio Llull, and then traded him immedietely for cash.

Maybe to re-sign key players? Sign other players? I just hope it went for something
Back to top Go down
Neil
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Neil

Male Posts : 996

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? EmptySat Aug 15, 2009 12:24 am

Rubio going as early as he did when there were much better picks.

Also the T-Wolves getting like 4 PGs with their picks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?   Which was more surprising in the NBA draft? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which was more surprising in the NBA draft?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next