Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Miami Heat Report Card

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Miami Heat Report Card Empty
PostSubject: Miami Heat Report Card   Miami Heat Report Card EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 8:51 am

Miami Heat Report Card

Overall based on preseason expectations: C

General: This is basically another version of the Charlotte Bobcats esp. on D. A team that likes to dictate games by deliberately making teams put up shots deeper into the shot clock than they would like. On offense, unlike Charlotte, everything runs through their do it all combo guard Dwyane Wade, and aside from his flashy plays, the team on O also likes to be very deliberate with tempo by keeping the game slow.

Key to their success: Once again. Defense and tempo. One of the top teams in the league in FG% D and points given up, though it's a result of the fact that they allow less than 80 shots a game, and take less than 80 shots a game themselves on avg.

Bad Points: Offensive variety and diversity. The good news is that they make over 45% of their shots, and teams shoot 43% or so against them which is helping them win. Bad news is that the show on offense is Wade, Wade, and Wade, with not much help besides a bit from O’Neal and a bit from Beasley. Wade is worth nearly half of the offense's points when you consider his points and dimes. Another good scorer needs to come here to either speed the tempo up or at least take some of the scoring load off of him. The playmaking can stay.

LeBron, I mean Wade money available: At least $47.6 million will be off the books; Dwyane has a 17 million buck option that he can pick up and there’s another 5.5 million in team options. About $70.2 million could be free next year to assemble the Dwyane/LeBron/Bosh big three. Should Wade not pick up his option and sign elsewhere, AND no one on the A List or B lists signs here for the 2010-2011 season, expect another 2007-2008 season for this group, because they will be that bad. They don’t have a lotto pick, which makes it worse, but they may get a steal. God has been kind to Miami.

How far can MIA go: They could get to the 2nd round this year, but I don’t think there’s enough talent and upside in O’Neal for them to go past the 2nd round barring injuries to Orlando and Cleveland and Atlanta. They could catch Boston off guard. If Miami has a 1st round exit, Wade will “test the waters” though I still think he will re-sign with Miami.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Report Card   Miami Heat Report Card EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 12:38 am

Fair grading to me.
Without Wade, the Heat are no playoff contenders (which you touched upon) and Beasely has been kinda underwhelming to me this season. Otherwise, I consign with what you wrote, lol
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Report Card   Miami Heat Report Card EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:29 am

yeah they are real inconsistent with perforfmances, they can play a close game with the lakers one night and then get killed by memphis two days later...

Dwayne is running a one man army, beasley might play the rare amazing game and rip up, then you got jermaine oneal who can play terrible, i dunno whats with them... they moved carlos arroyo into pg instead of chalmers which i thought hurts them abit since he was inconsistent
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Report Card   Miami Heat Report Card EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 7:02 am

Funny thing is that they have won nine in a row. Yet their whole body of work is what concerns me
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Report Card   Miami Heat Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:01 pm

well they pretty much have the same team as last year and they have won more games and will win about 3 more..

So I would give em a B.. they weren't really expected to do much this year.. like the bulls, the heat are just waiting for free agency
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Report Card   Miami Heat Report Card EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:03 pm

Nenadidas wrote:
well they pretty much have the same team as last year and they have won more games and will win about 3 more..

So I would give em a B.. they weren't really expected to do much this year.. like the bulls, the heat are just waiting for free agency

They are surging. They may get a B to be honest with you after their season's done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miami Heat Report Card   Miami Heat Report Card Empty

Back to top Go down

Miami Heat Report Card
Page 1 of 1