Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Knicks no longer need a PG...

Go down 
+2
Nick C
EM:)
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

Knicks no longer need a PG... Empty
PostSubject: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:16 pm

We've all been saying it he should have gotten more pt earlier on in the season, but like Wilson Chandler's rookie season after not being in the rotation for the longest Douglas is shining with more and more minutes now. Dude is a stud. Future elite class of PG's in the NBA beware. This guy has it all.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:21 pm

Man... I give up Jordan Farmar in a heartbeat to of kept Tony Douglas. Jerry West would've kept him dammit!
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:23 pm

He was totally beasting in that Nuggets/Knicks game tonight. 9 points in the 4th quarter I believe?
He has some sick moves...damn, his switches were so nice.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:30 pm

Yep that is true SRF Smile and yep Nick I'm so grateful that Walsh was able to get him from LA I can't wait to see him grow even more next year. And Gallo went absolutely bizerk on Melo. They had a testy showdown all night long and Gallo get the better end of the stick tonight especially down the stretch. Gallo/Chandler/and Douglas make me Smile and if NY does the right thing and keeps Lee along with those guys that makes me even happier.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm

I was shocked when he first asked the coach to match up against Melo tonight but Gallo did hold his own despite Melo scoring 36 points.

Good win for the Knicks...entertaining game too.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

Male Posts : 1710

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:37 pm

Who needs Lebron? Keep Lee, Gallinari, Chandler, and Douglas. Then go out and sign Bosh and Redd. Sounds like a solid team to me!
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:38 pm

Gallo's height did bother Melo and Gallo can just score on anybody that's just what he does. Melo is a great talent and very strong and explosive so I wasn't surprised that he took Gallo to the hole. Gallo needs to work on his conditioning is all. He was right there with Melo til the end and got the better of the match up in the clutch.

NY should have beat Denver our 1st game this season we were screwed. Harrington recorded his 2nd 40/10 game off the bench this season against them. Melo went off for a career high of 50 that night and Billups was clutch, but NY was winning well throughout the 4th and had the ball in the last possession. Hughes was fouled by Billups and it was a no call end of game that really pissed me off, but this makes up for it.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:39 pm

nah redd sucks now, they wont get lebron,wade maybe bosh or stoud they should sign a younger fowards liek Rudy Gay
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:43 pm

I still think Redd could be productive in 20-25 minutes off the bench. He'll also come relatively cheap, probably like 8 million a year, leaving the Knicks with room to shore up the rest of their bench.

Gallo and Redd on the court at the same time would make teams terrified of the perimeter, and when you have Lee and Bosh down low, that is NOT a good thing.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:45 pm

Steve wrote:
I still think Redd could be productive in 20-25 minutes off the bench. He'll also come relatively cheap, probably like 8 million a year, leaving the Knicks with room to shore up the rest of their bench.

Gallo and Redd on the court at the same time would make teams terrified of the perimeter, and when you have Lee and Bosh down low, that is NOT a good thing.

Give Redd 8 mil a year for the 20-30 games he'll play coming off the bench until he knee goes out again? That doesn't sound like good judgement to me.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:45 pm

They won't get Amar'e or at least I hope that they won't cause for one he is a terrible defender and injury prone and two he had a terrible falling out with Mike D in PHX and it went public. I would obviously love LeBron but I've knew from the beginning when the ridiculous rumor of him coming to NY that it was never gonna happen.

Michael Redd is a reward/risk option. He doesn't suck he's still 1 of the games best shooters and it would be nice to see him play for a Mike D team (I mean he did have games this season where he showed off the Redd we all know.) Thing is he's been injured a hell of a lot these last two years that's where the risk comes in, but I wouldn't mind him. Getting Joe Johnson is a lower risk and we'd still get a reward. I would love Rudy Gay though that would be amazing. I would also love Bosh or Yao. I'd like to see Camby come back and David Lee must be kept at all costs.
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:48 pm

Tony EM:Cuse' & U-Dub wrote:
They won't get Amar'e or at least I hope that they won't cause for one he is a terrible defender and injury prone and two he had a terrible falling out with Mike D in PHX and it went public. I would obviously love LeBron but I've knew from the beginning when the ridiculous rumor of him coming to NY that it was never gonna happen.

Michael Redd is a reward/risk option. He doesn't suck he's still 1 of the games best shooters and it would be nice to see him play for a Mike D team (I mean he did have games this season where he showed off the Redd we all know.) Thing is he's been injured a hell of a lot these last two years that's where the risk comes in, but I wouldn't mind him. Getting Joe Johnson is a lower risk and we'd still get a reward. I would love Rudy Gay though that would be amazing. I would also love Bosh or Yao. I'd like to see Camby come back and David Lee must be kept at all costs.

I keep on hearing that Lee would most likely be involved in a sign and trade FOR Bosh. I don't know if NY can keep both.

Last edited by Nick C on Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:49 pm

Now that Lee has a jump shot you expect to go in a great deal of the time and CB4 has always had that jump shot that would make for one sick as hell lethal front court right up there with Gasol/Bynum in the NBA. David Lee is a great passer as well and Bosh isn't too shabby himself moving the ball around. Both of them grab boards with the best of them as well. Have Camby back playing the reserve C role like he did for Ewing circa 99-01 and we would be set in the front court.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:52 pm

Now that Lee has a jump shot you expect to go in a great deal of the time and CB4 has always had that jump shot that would make for one sick as hell lethal front court right up there with Gasol/Bynum in the NBA. David Lee is a great passer as well and Bosh isn't too shabby himself moving the ball around. Both of them grab boards with the best of them as well. Have Camby back playing the reserve C role like he did for Ewing circa 99-01 and we would be set in the front court.

Maybe its just me, but I think Bosh/Lee is WAY better than Gasol/Bynum.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:53 pm

Nick C wrote:

I keep on hearing that Lee would most likely be involved in a sign and FOR Bosh. I don't know if NY can keep both.

Yep I heard that as well, but I'm confident Walsh can pull off some sort of magic and get both of them. I mean if T-MAC or Harrington don't make good on their word to take a pay cut to better help NY's off-season aspirations this summer one of them or even both should not be retained. Douglas/Walker will be the only FA's besides Lee (hopefully) that NY would REALLY want back next year. I see them letting all the rest go and Curry in particular has no future on this team.

Last summer was so nerve wrecking. I was glued to the radio all of last summer waiting and hoping David Lee did not go to Portland and remained in NY. He didn't get the long term deal and this summer I won't only be anxious to see who NY gets, but it will also be nerve wracking once more hoping Lee does not leave once more and finally getting the contract with NY that he deserves.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:59 pm

Lee gives it to Gasol on a regular basis, but Gasol is a supreme talent in this league
Bosh > Bynum
Bynum could not stay with Lee, especially last game he was just way too elusive.
Bosh/Gasol you can't go wrong with either one.

If Bosh & Lee are ever paired off then I think they can give Gasol/Bynum a run for their money. I don't think NY will be as good as the Lakers are now though despite on who we get, but with the Celtics getting older I don't see why NY can't not only win that division next season but win 48-50+ games depending on who they get.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:00 am

Lemme just say, on Tony EM's icon, the girl on the left is a smokeshow, but the girl on the right leaves ALOT to be desired, lmao.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:04 am

You're right Steve I thought the same thing. I just posted this pic cause I was so happy Syracuse won against Vermont after that little ahem huge Vermont fiasco in 2005.
Back to top Go down
Steve
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Steve

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:22 am

Taylor Coppenrath FTWWWWW!!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
FC
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
FC

Male Posts : 822

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:25 am

i wish we kept him and got rid of sasha/farmar(despite being UCLA =(
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... EmptyWed Mar 24, 2010 12:27 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojtD5GnOEXU

If you look closely you can get a glimpse of bigfoot Eddy Curry. he does exist.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knicks no longer need a PG...   Knicks no longer need a PG... Empty

Back to top Go down

Knicks no longer need a PG...
Page 1 of 1