Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Detroit Pistons are for sale...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

Detroit Pistons are for sale... Empty
PostSubject: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:29 pm

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20100120/FREE/100129978

Well, there is more than one NBA team that will change owners soon. Karen Davidson has now expressed her interest to sell her team..

As most of you know, Detroit is in a HORRIBLE economic situation because of their main industry, which are the Big Three American automakers. Like the Wizards, the Pistons own their arena in Auburn Hills which is about 35 miles or so away from Detroit.

No one is talking about the Wizards moving to Seattle or Las Vegas because their arena quite frankly is in an excellent location in DC, and there is a succession plan in place, even if it's delayed. The Pistons, not so much. There are talks of the Red Wings moving there because Joe Louis Arena is out of date and the Wings lease that arena and may move to Auburn Hills so in the possible chance that we see an out of town owner buy the Pistons and move them to Vegas or Seattle, the Palace will hopefully have a good tenant in the Wings for at least a few years, maybe.....

Well, what are your reactions to this team's ownership now about to change hands? Should Detroit be worried about an OKC type scenario?
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:31 pm

I wouldn't wanna own that team either...

Razz
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:32 pm

NNNOOOOOO DONT LEAVE DETROIT!!!!!
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:35 pm

oh.. and I don't think the team is gonna move. too much history in detroit
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:39 pm

Well no one is replying to my "what would you do if you owned the Wizards thread" but Detroit is getting some lovee....

Detroit Pistons are for sale... Icon_rolleyes Detroit Pistons are for sale... Icon_rolleyes Detroit Pistons are for sale... Icon_rolleyes

But yes, I agree with you all that Detroit must stay in Detroit, despite the fact that the economy is just non existent there and the whole state of Michigan for that matter. History is part of that reason, but then again, the Warriors moved to Rainbow City from Philly. The Lakers moved from Minny to LA, the Hawks moved from St. Louis to Atlanta, all after winning championships in the old cities, so it's not unprecedented if Detroit moves somewhere either. You could say the same with the Wizards, but the Wizards are in a city with a solid economy thanks to the Feds, and contractors, so we're not hit as badly as most of the nation. But yes, our unemployment went up too.
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyThu Jan 28, 2010 11:41 pm

detroits a basketball city. THe current economic ituation is mkaing hard for people to actually get seats but it would suk for a bad ass team historic wise to leave a place like detroit.
Back to top Go down
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:08 pm

Let me buy the Pistons. That way I can phone Donnie Dub over there in NY and agree upon the following terms.

I will only send RIP Hamilton to NY for Jared Jeffries, Marcus Landry, and a 2012 pick.
I will only send Ben Wallace to NY for Nate Robinson
I will only send Will Bynum to NY for Chris Duhon

PG. RODNEY STUCKEY
SG. BEN GORDON
SF. TAYSHAUN PRINCE
PF. JONAS JEREBKO
C. JARED JEFFRIES
6. Charlie Villanueva
7. Nate Robinson
8. Chris Wilcox

PG. WILL BYNUM
SG. RIP HAMILTON
SF. WILSON CHANDLER
PF. DAVID LEE
C. BEN WALLACE
6. Danilo Gallinari
7. Al Harrington
8. Larry Hughes - 4 now
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm

Not a bad lineup for the Knicks, Detroit is still a year or two away from contending again, but Dumars knows what he's doing.
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 1:13 pm

If William Bynum the Magnificent ever started he'd post numbers slightly below that of Rod Stuck
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 4:28 pm

Crap...

I mean if they get a new place they shouldn't leave Detroit,too much great history and players have played there,that team is with rich NBA History and i'm sure people would come to see them after all they are the Detroit Pistons
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Detroit Pistons are for sale...   Detroit Pistons are for sale... Empty

Back to top Go down

Detroit Pistons are for sale...
Page 1 of 1