Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?

Go down 
+3
J
BNB
King Of NJ
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? Empty
PostSubject: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:17 pm

since the begging of the 2008-2009 season

PG Chauncey Billups
SG Richard Hamilton
SF TayshaunPrince
PF Jason Maxiel
C Rasheed Wallace

PG Rodney Stuckey
SG Ben Gordon
SF Tayshaun Prince
PF Charlie Villanueva
C Ben Wallace

The only player still left in the starting lineup if Tayshaun Prince.

Isnt it amazing the Pistons changed such a succesful roster so fast?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

Male Posts : 14149

Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:19 pm

well im pretty sure Rip will be starting. He is a lot more skilled than Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:31 pm

BG would take Pistons money to come off the bench? I think the Pistons are gonna try to play without a pure point guard and put Ben at point. It's crazy but Don Nelson plays everyone at every position so it could happen.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:32 pm

Rock On wrote:
well im pretty sure Rip will be starting. He is a lot more skilled than Gordon

I don't think BG will be content with not starting.

Remember how he cried like a baby when he played for us just because he was 6th man and not a starter?
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:39 pm

yeah I know

but do you think rip hamilton will be ok with another dude taking his spot? He was ok with AI for a little bit but thats because Rip got injured.

I could see them both out there
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:54 pm

I can see Rip Hamilton getting traded.

If not, I think he'll start over BG.
Or maybe even both like Rock On said. Ben Gordon could make an ok point guard with a guy like Charlie Villanueva in the post, and Rip Hamilton creating space and getting open.
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 7:55 pm

All I know is that the pistons are gonna blow ass next year.

NO DEFENSE

washed up ben wallace

ball hog BG
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:07 pm

Villanueva is not a better replacement for Wallace

Ben Gordon doesnt make up for Iverson/Billups

Ben Wallace is finished. Rip isn't happy coming off the bench and wants to be traded

I think Detroit Basketball will be watching the playoffs at home in 2010
Back to top Go down
J
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
J

Male Posts : 2286

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:11 pm

I don't know. They could make the playoffs. The East is so smushed after Boston, Cleveland, and Orlando.

Detoirt has a chance, but out of all those teams in that Eastern Conference cluster, Detroit def has the least chance
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:37 pm

They were the 8th seed last year and got worse.

The Wizards,and Raptors have improved.

I dont think the Pistons will make the playoffs with the Wiz in it this year. Even the Bobcats I think have a chance to make it
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:39 pm

I think the wizards will be 5th seed... maybe 4th

they are stacked
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptySun Aug 09, 2009 8:47 pm

I didn't know that... but I'm not surprised.

Dumars destroyed this team

Haha.. there they go again. Dumars and MJ have a new rivalry. Who can mess with a roster more. lol

At least MJ changed a bad roster to a good one.. Dumars did the exact oposite. Yet again MJ proves why hes' better lmao
Back to top Go down
Saeed
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Saeed

Male Posts : 8780

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 12:46 am

Cavs Browns Indians wrote:

Haha.. there they go again. Dumars and MJ have a new rivalry. Who can mess with a roster more. lol

At least MJ changed a bad roster to a good one.. Dumars did the exact oposite. Yet again MJ proves why hes' better lmao

lol at the new rivalry.

Dumars might be making some good choices. In 2010 they will have bucketloads of money and all they need to work on right now is there big men.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 9:18 am

SK22 wrote:
Cavs Browns Indians wrote:

lol at the new rivalry.

Dumars might be making some good choices. In 2010 they will have bucketloads of money and all they need to work on right now is there big men.

They have a chance for some free agent pickups but I dont know who they will really get if anybody

I believe Chris Bosh is coming to Chicago,Lebron is staying in Cleveland,and Wade is staying in Miami in my POV

Amare Stoudemire I think will end up staying in Phoenix when its all said and done as well
Back to top Go down
Chosen One
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Chosen One

Male Posts : 3316

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 10:47 am

This new piston lineup is incredibly odd......
To think tht a few years ago the pistons were a team of veterans,great defenders, and complete team ball
Now their lineup consists of a young pg with potential,a clutch shooter who takes bad shots and cant defend,a good defender and team player,a lamar odom type player in charlie and a washed up ben wallace.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:04 pm

Gordon is starting over Rip?

That's one deep SG rotation
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:06 pm

Rip wants out though and won't be satisfied being a backup.

I think it is deep but they still have terrible defense and won't go anywhere
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:09 pm

They havent said who is gonna start yet. As of right now Rip is starting because Gordon hasn't shown how well he could play with the team yet. BG clearly cant play point. So we'll see what happens in the regular season. Eventually Rip is going because he's the oldest
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:11 pm

if Ben Gordon is on the bench I don't think he'll be very happy.

It may cause a chemistry issue in Motown
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:13 pm

BG off the bench will still get 30 MPG

either way he's only playing about 30 MPG with Rip and stuckey in the back court with him
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:15 pm

If Ben Gordon is gonna whine about being a bench player, that's when you trade him. A lot of teams would give up a lot for a guy like Gordon
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:15 pm

that is true I dont like the way BG fits in with this offseason.

With Gordon and Stuckey on the floor at the same time they have two Guards who take bad shots and make poor decisions at times and cant run the team
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:16 pm

Which is why you trade them Very Happy haha
Back to top Go down
BNB
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
BNB

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:18 pm

Dumars made a wrong turn in his career.

First he builds a championship team, then he runs it into the ground
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 1:18 pm

Well don't trade Stuckey, because you can develop him. He's not reaching his full potential yet. But if Ben Gordon is gonna bring ATTITUDE problems, you need to get rid of him.

Example: New York Knicks + Stephon Marbury
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?   Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did you know the Detroit Pistons are the only team to have 4 of 5 new starters?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next