Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

OKC Thunder are surprising me right now.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
EM:)
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

OKC Thunder are surprising me right now. Empty
PostSubject: OKC Thunder are surprising me right now.   OKC Thunder are surprising me right now. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 12:17 pm

I gotta say this team is a hell of a defensive team, but I can't help but wonder if Bennet wasn't that much of an asshole and would have waited out a bit longer how good this team could be today.

I mean the draft Kevin Durant was drafted in was in the same season Ray Allen was dealt in that mockery of a trade. That led to a domino effect and made Rashard, their 2nd All-star for years sign on with Orlando fearing that w/o Ray that this team would not get back to their division winning ways back in 2005. If he would have waited out a bit longer 1 of the NBA's most storied franchises would still exist today and as good as Westbrook, Green, and Harden are they would have not been needed with a trio like this if they are backed up by solid role players and OKC would have had this.

PG. EARL WATSON
SG. RAY ALLEN
SF. KEVIN DURANT
PF. RASHARD LEWIS
C. NENAD KRSTIC
- They could have got him; he was picked up for nothing
6. Thabo Sefolosha - They could have got him; he was picked up for nothing
7. Nick Collison
8. Eric Maynor - Also picked up for nothing
9. Sergei Ibaka - Realistically could have still been drafted
10. Etan Thomas - Also got from nothing
11. Kevin Ollie - Got from nothing
12. DJ White - Could have still been drafted.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: OKC Thunder are surprising me right now.   OKC Thunder are surprising me right now. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:07 pm

to be honest not that surprising to me.

I like the roster they have and had them as the 8th seed in the west in the preseason.

That's a great roster right there and would have a chance to content but are too think at PG, and C maybe the too positions that matter the most to win an NBA title

Now they have Russell Westbrook a really good young PG, and a bright future with Jeff Green playing really well. Ray Allen is getting up their in age although still great
Back to top Go down
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran

Male Posts : 6319

PostSubject: Re: OKC Thunder are surprising me right now.   OKC Thunder are surprising me right now. EmptyThu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Yeah, but Watson does the most important things in a PG's job description well and that's why he's starting over T.J. Ford. Ford may have more talent, but Watson runs the offense with limited error and he is a very good defender in that position. He isn't known for his offense, but he can chip in a bit and exceed his offensive value from time to time a bit as well. Therefore, even though Westbrook is a promising PG. It won't really matter all that much if they opted to keep a trio the likes of Durant, Allen, and Lewis in favor of Westbrook cause Watson does what is asked for in terms of a PG of a team competing for a championship.

In concern of Krstic he spreads the floor and isn't the championship Center presence type, but OKC does have the pieces to make a trade for one that does and move Krstic to the bench. Green is great and promising as well, but with a trio like this they could still opt to get a championship styled big from FA or move certain players to get one. They don't even have to be big names any more. They just have to be a big that brings championship intangibles to a player of that position. Like a Ben Wallace type or a Andrew Bogut. Someone who defends the block and gets momentum buckets, like Wallace or who can defend a variety of positions, like Wallace. Or someone who can score at that position, like Bogut. Both get boards and can serve as a championship C type. Wallace already has. I still think Thunder get 9yth though and barely miss out of the playoffs. Suns, Jazz, Rockets, and Blazers are still better in my eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OKC Thunder are surprising me right now.   OKC Thunder are surprising me right now. Empty

Back to top Go down

OKC Thunder are surprising me right now.
Page 1 of 1