Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...

Go down 
+9
Chris
Darko
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Janet
Nick C
Andy's swingman ;)
Straight Edge Bluntness
brownie13
No Longer DEAD
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Aight, you guys know I NEVER make game threads but I'm so fucking pissed right now it's unbelievable. Our team sucks yet again, and unlike you guys I have watch this team in my CHILDHOOD. My whole life I've watched this team and we had one good playoff run. And we haven't won a goddamn close game since 2007, when B-Diddy hit a buzzer beater on the Celts. Shit, it sucks so bad to live in the Bay as a kid. Nothing to look forward too. Every single one of our teams didn't make the playoffs last year...and it gets worse every single year. Can we win for once? Please, just for fucking childhood sake?

Anyways, on to the recap. I know y'all don't care bout what I think lol. So this game was closely contested throughout, largest lead was 8 for the Nuggets, and if you haven't heard, it ended in the worst way possible for dubs fans. We were up by 5 with 1:40 left, and the Nuggets just missed a shot, we got the rebound, but then Nene stole it and put it in. Couple of TO's and FT's later, we're up 1 with 15 seconds left and the Nuggets have the ball. With about 7 seconds left, Arron Affalo missed a wide open three and Turiaf tipped the ball to Maggete who fell to the ground with the ball and clearly called a timeout. No, not just Maggete. Don Nelson, the other Warriors, and THE WHOLE BENCH called a timeout. The refs didn't care and they didn't see it. So Affalo rips the ball with Maggete and they call a jump ball with 3 seconds left. Maggete tips it to the backcourt and JR Smith gets called for the backcourt violation. But wait. It turns out George Karl called a timeout before. Yeah, right. From there it was disaster. 1.4 seconds left on the clock, they inbound the ball to a falling away JR Smith at around halfcourt who shoots some crazy three and airballs it. There was absolutely no contact on the play. No one was 5 inches close to him. Instead of winning the game, the refs literally hand the Nuggets the win by calling foul on Maggete who was nowhere near to touching him. JR Smith converted 2/3 FT's, intentionally missing the last, and the Nuggets won by 1.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:59 pm

Raza wrote:
I personally didn't see much of a carry, but I figured I could use it haha. Monta grabbed the ball, held it above his head, took 4 steps, then scored. I'm pretty sure he had control.

mmhmm. i'm supposed to believe you about the travel now? it bounced off Monta's hand twice before he gained control, so it seems like a travel. but he only took two steps after he gained possession.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:00 pm

YS (TD > KG) wrote:
Please don't quote the guys from PTI
Ever.
Like ever again.
Woody...sure..

Why not?
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:02 pm

Raza, sure one or two calls went our way, yeah that's gonna happen in every game but those last two calls were just blasphemy. Aside from Nuggets fans, every commentator/writer/analyst/etc. thinks the dubs got cheated on that call...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm

LMAO those dumbasses from that show with the points and mutes and stuff? HAHAHAHAHA I can't stand that show. I don't care what those idiots say about the call.

I said I didn't know about the carry, not the travel. Nobody else was making an attempt at getting the ball except Monta, so he should get it. Not bobble it around and walk with it...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:03 pm

iBrownie wrote:
YS (TD > KG) wrote:
Ever.
Like ever again.
Woody...sure..

Why not?

Cuz they say some dumb stuff regarding football!

No reason to believe they're right in b-ball either!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:06 pm

doesn't matter if he's all alone. if he bobbles it, he bobbles it. where was denver to take it away? not his fault there was no defense there yet. he bobbled it, so it isn't a travel.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:07 pm

YS (TD > KG) wrote:
iBrownie wrote:
YS (TD > KG) wrote:
Ever.
Like ever again.
Woody...sure..

Why not?

Cuz they say some dumb stuff regarding football!

No reason to believe they're right in b-ball either!

like what? i usually like both of their opinions and like khai said they're some of the more respected analysts in sports
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Reali, Wilbon and woody are beasts!

Kornheiser is kinda a beast, but doesn't compare to the other three
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:15 pm

What happened in this game???????????
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:16 pm

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 5529

do you know why there's a summary Darko?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:22 pm

darko, there is a recap at the top, descriptions by people, and videos

since Raza believes there was a travel, we'll start there.

warriors were trailing by one and scored on what I have heard no one other than raza describe a travel. then the nuggets got the ball and missed a three. off the rebound the ball bounced around, and he believes there was a foul committed by Turiaf on Nene in the scrum. Maggett got the ball, and as he was falling to the floor, he called timeout, both yelling it out, and with his hands. It was called a jump ball. Maggette wins the jump, knocking it back near half court. JR Smith beats CJ Watson to it, and is given a very quick timeout, even though he may not have had possession and may have crossed over the half court line. Both were questionable. Then with 1.4 seconds left, Smith launches an off balance prayer and gets a foul called on Monta by flailing his legs. Monta got very close, and he swung his arm, but at most, the contact he made was slightly nudging JR after he was already off balance because he didn't expect Monta to be so close. JR makes 2 free throws for the lead, and the Nuggets win.
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:24 pm

The last part about that foul is so not fair......rigged
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:26 pm

yeah definately rigged Rolling Eyes

Just a bad call, at a bad time....
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Smile

Maybe i didn't say it right....let me check the highlight
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3