Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...

Go down 
+9
Chris
Darko
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Janet
Nick C
Andy's swingman ;)
Straight Edge Bluntness
brownie13
No Longer DEAD
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... Empty
PostSubject: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 am

Aight, you guys know I NEVER make game threads but I'm so fucking pissed right now it's unbelievable. Our team sucks yet again, and unlike you guys I have watch this team in my CHILDHOOD. My whole life I've watched this team and we had one good playoff run. And we haven't won a goddamn close game since 2007, when B-Diddy hit a buzzer beater on the Celts. Shit, it sucks so bad to live in the Bay as a kid. Nothing to look forward too. Every single one of our teams didn't make the playoffs last year...and it gets worse every single year. Can we win for once? Please, just for fucking childhood sake?

Anyways, on to the recap. I know y'all don't care bout what I think lol. So this game was closely contested throughout, largest lead was 8 for the Nuggets, and if you haven't heard, it ended in the worst way possible for dubs fans. We were up by 5 with 1:40 left, and the Nuggets just missed a shot, we got the rebound, but then Nene stole it and put it in. Couple of TO's and FT's later, we're up 1 with 15 seconds left and the Nuggets have the ball. With about 7 seconds left, Arron Affalo missed a wide open three and Turiaf tipped the ball to Maggete who fell to the ground with the ball and clearly called a timeout. No, not just Maggete. Don Nelson, the other Warriors, and THE WHOLE BENCH called a timeout. The refs didn't care and they didn't see it. So Affalo rips the ball with Maggete and they call a jump ball with 3 seconds left. Maggete tips it to the backcourt and JR Smith gets called for the backcourt violation. But wait. It turns out George Karl called a timeout before. Yeah, right. From there it was disaster. 1.4 seconds left on the clock, they inbound the ball to a falling away JR Smith at around halfcourt who shoots some crazy three and airballs it. There was absolutely no contact on the play. No one was 5 inches close to him. Instead of winning the game, the refs literally hand the Nuggets the win by calling foul on Maggete who was nowhere near to touching him. JR Smith converted 2/3 FT's, intentionally missing the last, and the Nuggets won by 1.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 am

Carmelo Anthony can suck a dick. This is the end of me liking anything having to do with the Nuggets.
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:09 am

Wow, that is complete bull.
These refs can be so damn ridiculous!

Awww, that sounds like a very heartbreaking loss though; I can't believe what you just described there actually went down. Rolling Eyes

The NBA; where the refs screw over teams under .500 happens...
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:12 am

This is more ridiculous then I can even describe. Hell, my dad has watched every Celtics/Warriors game since the 50's, and even he thinks that this was the most fixed game he's ever seen. And I agree too. If you guys see the highlights from this game...you'll see what I mean...
Back to top Go down
Straight Edge Bluntness
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Straight Edge Bluntness

Female Posts : 10793

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:17 am

Damn, now I really gotta see highlights...it sounds like you guys got robbed big time.
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

Male Posts : 925

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:20 am

Poor Khai and Ryan Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... 900593
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:21 am

Max really...even though I know you're joking...know is NOT the time...
Back to top Go down
Andy's swingman ;)
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Andy's swingman ;)

Male Posts : 925

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:45 am

3 Hotties One Cup wrote:
Max really...even though I know you're joking...know is NOT the time...

I'm sorry Sad
Back to top Go down
Nick C
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Nick C

Male Posts : 5894

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:52 am

I'm looking for the highlights now... Sorry Khai that sucks man.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:05 am

NBA.com probably won't have it...but SportsCenter def. will.

Sigh...
Back to top Go down
Janet
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Janet

Female Posts : 9485

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 2:07 am

i Saw the ending and wow just i would of been pissed as hell to with that call
Back to top Go down
http://www.formspring.me/JanetYFFL
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:35 am

I wanna see the highlights.

But that's so messed up, I can't believe that they missed Don Nelson's TO but they caught Karl's TO. wth
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:39 am

go Warriors!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Chris
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Chris

Male Posts : 5401

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 8:20 am

OMG, they called it to Maggete or Monta?because Maggete didn't do anything..
Monta probably had some body contact but it wasn't either foul..especially in 1.4 secs at a half court shot..
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 11:47 am

I'm pretty sure they called it on Maggete. Either way, it was still a BS call...
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

Male Posts : 8873

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:33 pm

More proof of David Stern and the corrupt NBA refs fixing a game.

I saw the highlights. They handed the game to the Nuggets with those calls.

Complete BS. this game was fixed
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:34 pm

No .... it wasn't.

Just a bad call, from a bad angle.. at a bad time. Again, the nba beign fixed is blown out of proportion.
Heartbreaker for the Dubs, but it wasn't fixed.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:34 pm

If it was fixed the Dubs wouldn't even have been in the game.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:39 pm

I don't think it was fixed, but they got a lot of bullshit to go their way, especially in the final 15 seconds.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:39 pm

That, I agree with. Lol.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 5:49 pm

it wasnt fixed just many BS retarded, stupid calls.

I wanna see what ppl say in my other thread tho
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:15 pm

PS, Monta Ellis ran into JR Smith's side while he was shooting that 3..

..Foul.

You also fail to say how Monta's layup with like 20-something seconds left was a complete obvious travel, and was not called. He got the from Curry (I think), took about 3-4 steps, pivoted, and shot it in.
Back to top Go down
King Of NJ
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
King Of NJ

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:16 pm

lol I was joking man
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:17 pm

but the thing w/ Monta and JR is Monta barely touched him, and it was a halfcourt lob at the end of the game. When it comes to that, the refs SHOULD swallow their whistles.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:26 pm

You can look it at from 3 angles, Raza. He didn't run into him, it just looked like it from one view, which happened to be the ref's. J.R. Kicked his leg out to sell it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next