Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...

Go down 
+9
Chris
Darko
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Janet
Nick C
Andy's swingman ;)
Straight Edge Bluntness
brownie13
No Longer DEAD
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 1:05 am

First topic message reminder :

Aight, you guys know I NEVER make game threads but I'm so fucking pissed right now it's unbelievable. Our team sucks yet again, and unlike you guys I have watch this team in my CHILDHOOD. My whole life I've watched this team and we had one good playoff run. And we haven't won a goddamn close game since 2007, when B-Diddy hit a buzzer beater on the Celts. Shit, it sucks so bad to live in the Bay as a kid. Nothing to look forward too. Every single one of our teams didn't make the playoffs last year...and it gets worse every single year. Can we win for once? Please, just for fucking childhood sake?

Anyways, on to the recap. I know y'all don't care bout what I think lol. So this game was closely contested throughout, largest lead was 8 for the Nuggets, and if you haven't heard, it ended in the worst way possible for dubs fans. We were up by 5 with 1:40 left, and the Nuggets just missed a shot, we got the rebound, but then Nene stole it and put it in. Couple of TO's and FT's later, we're up 1 with 15 seconds left and the Nuggets have the ball. With about 7 seconds left, Arron Affalo missed a wide open three and Turiaf tipped the ball to Maggete who fell to the ground with the ball and clearly called a timeout. No, not just Maggete. Don Nelson, the other Warriors, and THE WHOLE BENCH called a timeout. The refs didn't care and they didn't see it. So Affalo rips the ball with Maggete and they call a jump ball with 3 seconds left. Maggete tips it to the backcourt and JR Smith gets called for the backcourt violation. But wait. It turns out George Karl called a timeout before. Yeah, right. From there it was disaster. 1.4 seconds left on the clock, they inbound the ball to a falling away JR Smith at around halfcourt who shoots some crazy three and airballs it. There was absolutely no contact on the play. No one was 5 inches close to him. Instead of winning the game, the refs literally hand the Nuggets the win by calling foul on Maggete who was nowhere near to touching him. JR Smith converted 2/3 FT's, intentionally missing the last, and the Nuggets won by 1.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

Male Posts : 12079

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:27 pm

Ok I just looked at a nice video of the ending of the game, and I see some things that you probably "forgot" to point out.

But first, CBI. When you shoot a shot, and a player runs into your side, it's a foul. If Monta had tackled JR to the ground, should the refs just swallow their whistles? I mean it IS a lob at the end of a game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQl1m031oxE
There's the video, by the way.

1. It was Joey Graham, not Aaron Afflalo who bricked the wide open three, haha.

2. When Turiaf "tipped the ball to Maggette", Nene got the ball, then Turiaf pretty much linked his arms with Nene's, forcing the ball to come out (around the 1 minute mark). Loose ball foul.

3. If you look around the 35-42 seconds mark in the video, you can see that Don Nelson is the only person calling timeout. He also does it AFTER the refs had blown the whistle calling a jump ball (look at 39 seconds)

4. Look at the 2:10 mark on the video. JR has the ball, and he is not in the backcourt yet. His foot is OVER the line, but not on the ground. He hasn't commited a backcourt violation yet, and George Karl had called a timeout with 1.4, before JR went backcourt.

5. Like I told you CBI, it was a shooting foul. Look to about the 4:18 mark. JR had a nice form going, and he CAN make shots from deep. But then Monta jumped into his side and made his form bend. Foul.

I can understand why you're mad, but the Nuggets got it

Last edited by Raza on Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

Male Posts : 18953

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:30 pm

But he barely even touched him. He whiffed him. Refs almost never call that... and they called it w/ like 0.4 secs left....
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:32 pm

iBrownie wrote:
You can look it at from 3 angles, Raza. He didn't run into him, it just looked like it from one view, which happened to be the ref's. J.R. Kicked his leg out to sell it.

He definitely did run into him. You can even see JR's jersey move from the contact. Also, how can JR jump in the air in his form, and then in midair move his WHOLE body to the side? He can't, he got hit
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:33 pm

Cleveland: The Slut City wrote:
But he barely even touched him. He whiffed him. Refs almost never call that... and they called it w/ like 0.4 secs left....

If it's enough to force the shooter out of his form, it's much more than a "whiff"
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:36 pm

But, i've never seen refs call that in a late game situation...call a foul on a hand touch on a half court lob with less than a second left...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:36 pm

Once again, not a hand touch. HE JUMPED INTO HIM.
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:37 pm

It was a touch foul.... one handed contact...soft...really just to distract JR...

That we wont agree on lol
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:39 pm

Have you even watched the video I posted, or at least the game? He didn't just touch him with one hand, he jumped, swiped (and missed), then made 100% body contact
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:44 pm

yeah.... he swiped his hand... he arched it over JR....really to prevent his view, didn't touch him ..then his hip swayed into JR when he was coming down and JR flailed to make it look more like a foul...
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:49 pm

The swipe had nothing to do with the foul call, it was no contact.

PS, everybody flops in the NBA. But JR was hit and became off balance (he landed pretty awkwardly too)

Was it a foul with the flop? Yes
Was it a foul if he didn't flop? Probably
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:53 pm

Nene and Turiaf were all over EACHOTHER, no foul there, cuz the strip was clean.

Maggette was calling time from the second he got the ball, Raza.

I don't think it was over and back, but how did Karl get the TO when Maggette couldn't get it?

Monta didn't bump him. He got really fucking close, which was dumb, and he swung at him, which was dumb, but he didn't foul him. He slid across his back, and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 6:58 pm

All I saw was that Nene got the ball, then Turiaf went up his arm, which is the only reason the ball got away. Maggette got the ball on the ground. How could he call timeout and keep posession of the ball while Afflalo was trying to tip it away if he was using both hands to call timeout? Karl got it because the ref was right next to him, and timeout was clear and visible. YES HE DID BUMP HIM. That's all I'm saying about that
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:01 pm

i was watching the game live, and you could see maggette get ball and immediately start yelling timeout and putting his hands in a T shape. it was very obvious.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:06 pm

Maggette was in the middle of the court, so yelling timeout will not be heard... how can Maggette put BOTH of his hands in the T shape while holding the ball at the same time????

PS, slow motion replays on Youtube > watching the game live
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:11 pm

it was a replay right after the play and have you never seen a player call timeout while going out of bounds w/ the ball, Raza? happens the same way.
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:14 pm

I just watched the video again, and there is a possibility he called timeout. However, the ref with the best view of the games was BEHIND him, and his supposed timeout was in front of his body, so he can't see that. Don Nelson should have reacted quicker to call a timeout, it's mostly his job to call that timeout
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:17 pm

on a play like that, its the refs job to see the action when maggette is obviously calling timeout. its even something you'd expect him to do as he's falling. it isn't on Nelson at all, there, because it's just as hard for him to stay in the action from the sideline. Maggette called it and it was obvious. It cost us the game. Then upon that, the Nuggets got the questionable call at half court and what at worst by Monta, was a ticky tacky foul.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:18 pm

I'm sorry...but looking at Raza's video....it does look like a foul...
Back to top Go down
cbi
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
cbi

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:20 pm

I dont see it.
Looks like Monta got in his face and really just skimmed his back coming down...JR flailed a little and it looked worse than it really was....
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:23 pm

iBrownie wrote:
on a play like that, its the refs job to see the action when maggette is obviously calling timeout. its even something you'd expect him to do as he's falling. it isn't on Nelson at all, there, because it's just as hard for him to stay in the action from the sideline. Maggette called it and it was obvious. It cost us the game. Then upon that, the Nuggets got the questionable call at half court and what at worst by Monta, was a ticky tacky foul.

The timeout call could have gone either way. From what my video is showing me, I didn't see a timeout, plus Aaron Afflalo was all over Maggette the second he touched the floor, so maybe that has something to do with that

Not relating to that argument up there, but it's not like the game was handed to the Nuggets. Here are two violations (carrying on Curry and traveling on Ellis that were both not called) that led to all that mess. The Nuggets could have won much easier had it not been for these no calls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQ5jU6CVUQ
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:52 pm

the look from above shows it isn't a carry. only from the sideline view does it look like it.

monta didn't have control of the ball, so how could it could it be a travel?

mike wilbon says "bogus"

tony kornheiser says "chintzy"

tony reali says "no foul"

Denver Post writer Woody Paige says "no call"
Back to top Go down
Raza
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Raza

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

iBrownie wrote:
the look from above shows it isn't a carry. only from the sideline view does it look like it.

mike wilbon says "bogus"

I personally didn't see much of a carry, but I figured I could use it haha. Monta grabbed the ball, held it above his head, took 4 steps, then scored. I'm pretty sure he had control.

Who's Mike Wilbon?
What does chintzy mean?
Who's Tony Reali
Woody Paige is a joke
Back to top Go down
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:55 pm

What happened in this game?

Ryan speak....or eneyone else who watched this game
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Please don't quote the guys from PTI

Ever.

Like ever again.

Woody...sure..
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 7:56 pm

Raza wrote:
iBrownie wrote:

mike wilbon says "bogus"

I personally didn't see much of a carry, but I figured I could use it haha. Monta grabbed the ball, held it above his head, took 4 steps, then scored. I'm pretty sure he had control.

Who's Mike Wilbon?
What does chintzy mean?
Who's Tony Reali
Woody Paige is a joke

they are some of the more respected analysts in sports.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...   Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Warriors-Nuggets game thread...unfortunately...
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next