Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

No offense, but that's embarassing to me...

Go down 
+20
King Of NJ
YS
cbi
Rush
Darko
Koolish
Straight Edge Bluntness
#1 Rockets Fan
No Longer DEAD
3-peat
Janet
Awesome
Tar Heel
wallshingtonwizard
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
KD35
Snow.
Fox News
brownie13
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

Male Posts : 20670

No offense, but that's embarassing to me... Empty
PostSubject: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:54 pm

1. Cheering an ejection

2. Refusing to substitute

3. Throwing foam fingers

Just unbelievable.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 8:57 pm

very faggoty by the lakers fans!
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:00 pm

Phil Jackson contributed to it, too. Don't get that.

This is why Laker fans have such a bad reputation. They're on national TV for Christmas and they have hundreds of fans throw the free foam fingers on the court. Just cannot believe how some fans react to a bad loss.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:01 pm

wait whats happening im not watching the game
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:01 pm

they also threw food and drinks! why did they do it?
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:05 pm

they threw bottles, and beer SMH

odom got ejected for his second technical. phil decided to be a dick and not substitute, and they got more technicals. fans blamed the refs, and acted dumb.
Back to top Go down
Snow.
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Snow.

Male Posts : 685

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:08 pm

so the lakers were playing wit 4 people on or was lamar till playing??
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:10 pm

The game was stopped
Back to top Go down
KD35
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
KD35

Male Posts : 6732

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:12 pm

lol wow
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:16 pm

Snow. wrote:
so the lakers were playing wit 4 people on or was lamar till playing??

they had to stop the game until they put in Powell. they got 2 delay of game techs
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

Female Posts : 11937

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:19 pm

UGH

All fans cheer ejections.

Refusing to substitute is weird, we don't usually lose on Christmas so I guess he was pissed off or didn't agree with the second tech. No excuses for that.

Throwing stuff? We don't usually lose on Christmas >.>
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:21 pm

That's why it was only thing one. It led to the other stuff.

Phil should get fined for it IMO. He essentially incited the fans to throw stuff.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Hey, you pay a lot of money for those season tickets. Most people at that game were season ticket holders. If your team that you pay (a good $5,000 or more a pair for each year) for doesn't show up and is flat for the whole second half, I understand the displeasure, and I felt like doing the same at Wizards games all last year and even more tempted to do so this year during our losses.

Perhaps the cheering for Odom's substitution came from the scattered areas of LA LeBron bandwagon fans and the Cavalier fans. I can't imagine there would be many however because this is Kobe's kingdom.

To me it's not embarrassing, it shows the fans' collective displeasure with a flat performance, and that overall is a good thing. At least no one got hurt.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:22 pm

Nah, fans will be fans.

If we get rowdy then oh well, don't give us stuff like foam fingers and beer to throw.
Back to top Go down
wallshingtonwizard
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
wallshingtonwizard

Male Posts : 3669

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:24 pm

If we lose like this more in the Verizon Center, Wizards fans should throw food, beer, and the like on the floor. Redskins fans should have done that last Monday against the Giants.
Back to top Go down
http://answers.yahoo.com/my/profile;_ylt=ApwXXkhqyEPmxsEWWTaF3zZ
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:27 pm

I can't agree with that at all. If you don't like the product, don't buy the ticket. Don't stop the game for you own childish needs to contribute to a collective temper tantrum in the stands. If I was a Laker fan, I'd be embarrassed by the cheering of Odom's ejection, the cheering of Phil not substituting, and then essentially blaming the refs/league/whatever for the loss by booing and throwing stuff. Its so immature and dumb. Can't handle a loss?
Back to top Go down
Tar Heel
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
Tar Heel

Male Posts : 5845

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:31 pm

Nineteen wrote:
1. Cheering an ejection

2. Refusing to substitute

3. Throwing foam fingers

Just unbelievable.

Yeah, they can be real dipshits. I hate that. Gives everyone a bad name. Sometimes at the half if a band does a show they get booed off. :SMH:
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:33 pm

We're immature and dumb then.

And it will be a big deal every time you guys make it one.
Back to top Go down
Awesome
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie
Awesome

Male Posts : 1852

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:35 pm

Laker Basketball at its finest!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/straightofdahood
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:37 pm

You condone the fans behavior?

Would you have done the same?

I didn't know I was making it into a "big deal," by mentioning how I felt about it. I'm simply stating that if it were my team, and my team's fans, I would have been embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:41 pm

Like I said, fans always cheer ejections.
You let your feelings be known for other fans cheering ejections? Must have missed that.
Coaches act stupid all the time. But I guess you mentioning this one time, is no big deal.
My bad.

and no I don't condone it, but i understand it.

Last edited by O.J. Mayo on Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
NBA Rookie
NBA Rookie

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:42 pm

I started 'not liking' Laker fans (not all) a wile ago - especially when they booed their team.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:48 pm

I can understand it, but its still dumb.

Name another time this season when the fans chucked stuff on the floor. Name another time this season a coach REFUSED to substitute (WTF?!). I'm not naming just ONE EXAMPLE. Its the only example.
Back to top Go down
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:51 pm

I'm not saying we werent the only ones, we just aren't the only ones who have acted dumb this season.

Like you, my attention is often on Laker games, naming other teams with similar situations takes time. I can't be bothered, although Milwaukee's coach comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
brownie13
NBA Legend
NBA Legend

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 9:57 pm

There's acting dumb, and there's doing something ridiculous. Not substituting is ridiculous, unless you feel like you've had calls go against you nearly every time, and even then, its questionable. It gives off the feel that you do not trust that the game was called fairly. Throwing stuff on the court is ridiculous, no matter the situation. Nothing close comes to mind, in either case. That's why I felt the need to mention it. Also, it was on national TV, so a lot of people would have gotten a chance to see it, and give their thoughts. I personally thought that all three things that I listed were in increasingly bad taste, and were I a fan of the Lakers, I'd be embarrassed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No offense, but that's embarassing to me...   No offense, but that's embarassing to me... Empty

Back to top Go down

No offense, but that's embarassing to me...
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next