Real Basketball Talk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  NBA.comNBA.com  Log in  RegisterRegister  

Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson

Go down 
+13
Janet
brownie13
Nick C
King Of NJ
Chris
cbi
No Longer DEAD
YS
Straight Edge Bluntness
Rush
Fox News
OhYouMadCuzImStylinOnYa?!
Darko
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

What is the better team:Boston Celtics or Los Angeles Lakers
Boston
Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 6 ]
Lakers
Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 60% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

AuthorMessage
Darko
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
Darko

Male Posts : 14143

Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 5:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is great question and i would want to hear your opinions about this post.I asked it couple of times on Y/A but i couldn't get really good answers since all of them bias Lakers fans.Now that we have a forum of great users i hope i can get good answers

Answer the poll question and explain
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

Male Posts : 17831

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:49 pm

He is overrated, when magic first retired people were like " ok, whatever,hes top 15 alltime" now on most peoples list he's climbed to #2. he's become overrated
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:50 pm

Lozan is amazing =]] wrote:
Yup...my name's Lozan....

I'm guessing that means it isn't?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:51 pm

his name is YS..lozan is peaches
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

Male Posts : 5078

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:51 pm

I like Larry. He won his championships without the best center in NBA history, was a do-it-all sharpshooter and as great as Magic was Larry had more all-around skills...I mean I won't deny Magic's incredible passing abilities for his size BUT he grew up playing as a PG and right before the draft he had a growth spurt, so it was actually expected for him to be that good of a passer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:53 pm

Kid, you weren't around when Magic retired, and you talking like you were. Talking about Magic being overrated, just wow. Man is a top 5 player all time, and arguably the GOAT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:54 pm

V wrote:

haha, lose a bet?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:55 pm

Im surrounded by basketball..i know this stuff from people i know and there this thing us "kids" use called nbaTV classic. i hate when yall old people try to say "you didnt see him play"...Did so!
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:56 pm

eRush23 wrote:
V wrote:

haha, lose a bet?

no, he's just bein a dick lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 7:58 pm

V wrote:
Im surrounded by basketball..i know this stuff from people i know and there this thing us "kids" use called nbaTV classic. i hate when yall old people try to say "you didnt see him play"...Did so!

aight, I'll chill with the "kids" stuff. but I really don't see how you gonna call my man overrated. Its one thing to say he isn't better than Bird, cuz thats a logical opinion. But overrated? C'mon man. He was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:01 pm

I feel he was very good but should be called ervin..not magic. he was cooll but he just wasnt all dat and a pack of condoms...
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

Male Posts : 12288

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:02 pm

So you don't think Magic is in the Top 2 PG of all time?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:05 pm

No i don't, he's top 3 but oscar and stockton are better I feel.

top 5, oscar,stockton,ervin,cousy,nash
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:08 pm

There's just no talkin sense to you man. Magic is "Magic." Larry is a "Legend." They're two of the greatest players of all time. IDK how you see one as overrated and the other as beastly.
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:12 pm

V wrote:
No i don't, he's top 3 but oscar and stockton are better I feel.

top 5, oscar,stockton,ervin,cousy,nash

WTF? Nash?
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:14 pm

And if Magic is overrated, than Cousy and Robertson were WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY overrated.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:16 pm

Not only is he the only active PG - and the first PG since Magic Johnson - to take home a regular season MVP trophy, he won the award back-to-back in '04-'05 and '05-'06. (Nash joined Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Moses Malone, Larry Bird, Magic, Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan as the only players to ever accomplish that feat.) And although his overall production has decreased a bit over the past two seasons, he remains one of the league preeminent playmakers. He's a guy that everyone in the NBA wants to play with because of his propensity to make teammates better. When critics look to discredit Nash's statistical achievements, they claim that he is merely a byproduct of Phoenix's up-tempo system. However, Nash not only puts up big numbers, he is also incredibly efficient - shooting over 50% from the floor, 93% from the free-throw line, and 44% from behind-the-arc. The main knock on Nash is his defense. He was never a good defender, and has recently gone from bad to worse. There were whispers last season that Nash has lost a lot off his fastball and was on the slippery down slope of his career. Well, Mark Cuban and the Dallas Mavericks thought something similar when the y refused to match Phoenix's mammoth offer back in 2004 and Nash joined the Suns as a free agent. Nash responded with consecutive MVP performances. Phoenix still has plenty of faith in his 35-year-old body, as evidenced by the $22 million dollar extension they gave him this summer...
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Nice copy + pasting skillz visa
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:19 pm

Nash is a great point guard. IDK why thats an argument, hahaha.

Magic is the greatest point man of all time.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:20 pm

thanx
Back to top Go down
YS
NBA Superstar
NBA Superstar
YS

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:21 pm

Umm...I'll take Jason Kidd ahead of Nash easily....

Kidd to me has a greater a floor vision than Nash..
Kidd is much much much better rebounder than Nash
Kidd played very good defense in his prime....and still plays better defense than Nash....
The only knock on Kidd is shooting...and I don't think thats enough to put Nash over Kidd...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:24 pm

LOL, this thread gonna go from Bird and Magic to Nash and Kidd. Neither argument is ever gonna be solved.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:25 pm

Lozan is dumb =[[ wrote:
Umm...I'll take Jason Kidd ahead of Nash easily....

Kidd to me has a greater a floor vision than Nash..
Kidd is much much much better rebounder than Nash
Kidd played very good defense in his prime....and still plays better defense than Nash....
The only knock on Kidd is shooting...and I don't think thats enough to put Nash over Kidd...

youd take a point gaurd who can't shoot or finish over a point gaurd that cant rebound or defend?
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:26 pm

Nash has that perfect mix of playground basketball and nba skills, and unlike jason he's not afraid to turn the ball over.
Back to top Go down
No Longer DEAD
NBA Veteran
NBA Veteran
No Longer DEAD

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:27 pm

Kidd isn't a great shooter, but he can hold his own. Nash on the other hand fails at rebounding and defense and doesn't do enough to hold his own, so yes I would take Kidd.
Back to top Go down
Fox News
NBA Legend
NBA Legend
Fox News

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 16, 2009 8:29 pm

ok then..put kidd over nash on my list
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson   Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Which is the better player:Larry Bird or Earvin 'Magic' Johnson
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next